Beta Patch Notes e1.5.3

Users who are viewing this thread

Since I have a bit time I will reply all of this, including Nalgasomethings unnecessary post.

Thanks for your pointless contribution to the forum thread with this post. We appreciate it. Nice try with flaming back there by the way

Not all of us can watch and get every bit of information about the game - thanks for pointing this out though I will try to check it ( I'm not being sarcastic )
I'm pointing the fact that banners are in the old videos and in Steam page. So for months, it's advertised in that way. Banner mods are also among one of the most downloaded mods. So it's clear that it's a feature(or whatever the terminology you choose) that people are expecting.
I think if you raise this fact in the internal discussion some people might take the hint. If banners are causing extreme performance issues for some reason, it would be better to explain it in that way rather than saying "its purely visual so we don't put effort on it"
Would I prefer more battle scenes or procedural terrain over banners? Yeah.
Would I prefer proper siege battles over banners? Yeah
Would I prefer better battle tactics over banners? Yeah.
But it appears that these all taking quite a lot of time to implement or fix. So if TW adds some obviously needed things in the base game, we can at least free ourselves from the dependence of unknown sources/mods.

Is this really what you got from that post? If so, read again, you will realize that it's not the point. Banner mods are up since the day -10 ( yes, it was there before EA ) So it's not rocket science. I don't get the fuss about this and why some people trying to defend this choice like they are in some hidden f-banners cult

Lol bro. Everything will come in time. Be patient. Don't be the pig.

Esteemed sirs/dames, if you would be so kind to try and not have interpersonal conflicts muddlig the official patch notes thread, that would be swell.
Thanks

I just want to express again my gratitude about cavalry improvements and units balancing. I am enjoying a lot my new campaign <3

The game is now pretty enjoyable and it is not about getting some archers and wreck the poor AI anymore. The game feels now challenging (I am not using smithing).

I just want to express again my gratitude about cavalry improvements and units balancing. I am enjoying a lot my new campaign <3

The game is now pretty enjoyable and it is not about getting some archers and wreck the poor AI anymore. The game feels now challenging (I am not using smithing).

How did they fix cavalry? I'm genuinely curious because I'm not seeing it. In fact horse archery has been nerfed so hard you can't aim at anything anymore with any kind of accuracy at all. The reticle just expands to take up most of the screen.

How did they fix cavalry? I'm genuinely curious because I'm not seeing it. In fact horse archery has been nerfed so hard you can't aim at anything anymore with any kind of accuracy at all. The reticle just expands to take up most of the screen.

I am assuming it 's this point in the patchnotes:

• Cavalry aiming had some errors on hills, which resulted in cavalry not hitting the enemy at all. This was fixed.

I did not notice much change, but I may not have been looking close enough.

I am assuming it 's this point in the patchnotes:

I did not notice much change, but I may not have been looking close enough.
That fix is mostly tied to HA and cav not calculating the z axis so sometimes HA would shoot into hills and could not get proper pathfinding

Ah ok. Never noticed that.

Despite recently starting a new khuzait playthrough after seeing a certain video in the AAR section.

Inspired by the official barber of the horselords. Everybody else is just a fashion victim.

Ah ok. Never noticed that.

Despite recently starting a new khuzait playthrough after seeing a certain video in the AAR section.

Inspired by the official barber of the horselords. Everybody else is just a fashion victim.
It was kinda rare due to hiw HA ai works and that they generally tend to go for flat terrain but if you were able to get your enemy on the other side of a hill and your HA on the other they would shoot at the hill at least some of them

This game will be my death...

Everything worked fine but suddenly the latest 4-5 savegames wasn't able the load anymore... uploaded the savegame...

Last edited:
Bcz you attacked my dolcie. (my pet sheep, you know :xf-mad:)

@Bloc,

I didn't mean banners are bad thing. Of course banners is a good addition to game. But producers apprearently not liking their "only cosmetic" function. It's not enough for them. Like Callum and MArda said, they're probably gonna create a mechanic in addition to their cosmetic function. Which is a good thing, right ? They adding more depth. That's why they temporarily remove the banners.

I don't know. It's just i don't get it this discussion. Maybe there is a problem in my side. If it's like that, than i apologize..

Last edited:
well
should have not postet =)
just crashed when initiating combat in the caravan quest

Edit: after the crash the game showed running in steam, i was unable to stop it in steam and after closing steam it only cleared around 500mB memory

Last edited:

Melee cavarly performance is now pretty good and it now worths the extra money paying for a horse to upgrade. Not sure about horse archery but AI is still making a great use of horse archers and it is still probably the most effective kind of unit in the game.

Accuracy nerf for low skilled characters was necessary IMO.

Back
Top Bottom