Beta Patch Notes e1.5.3

Users who are viewing this thread

We'll see if "internal.test.a" shows up, if not nothing new for beta.

Edit: Mod fixes, pack it up for today
Yea I was going to say I've noticed usually internal test a comes before beta updates and internal test c before main branch update. If you see both that is when you get really excited.

My saves all broke. None load, including ones I loaded a couple of hours ago. No messages. Click the button and nothing happens, no crash either.

Has to be mod related. I unchecked them, and made a new save file, and it will load. Not sure what mod with no messages.

Not upset, just information. It is a beta branch. And only some of the mods were even trying to support it. I only wish it had a crash or a log so I would know what mod.

My saves all broke. None load, including ones I loaded a couple of hours ago. No messages. Click the button and nothing happens, no crash either.

Has to be mod related. I unchecked them, and made a new save file, and it will load. Not sure what mod with no messages.

Not upset, just information. It is a beta branch. And only some of the mods were even trying to support it. I only wish it had a crash or a log so I would know what mod.
If you can be bothered, try enabling them one by one to isolate...

My 'last' save (which was saved after the hotfix) won't load; oddly, exact same thing happened with the previous hotfix. An auto-save from 3 minutes earlier and still in the same location loads ok. No mods.

Last edited:
Already tried! Did not matter. Saves will not load even with all mods off, or with any subset off.

Still doesn't mean that just one mod is responsible for the change in the save file that will not load now. But I'd have to play test games with mod subsets.

It does mean the mod is likely one that saves information into the save file. That's the only clue so far.

ETA: And it is all saves, even ones from yesterday. But they are all the same mod set. I restarted a new game under the beta branch yesterday.

Also, if I try to load one of the broken saves, and it fails to load, then the new save I just made after the update with no mods also fails to load if I try it next. I have to restart the launcher. Then if after I restart the launcher, and load the new save first, it works.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom