Beta Patch Notes e1.5.0

Users who are viewing this thread

It's running great for me. I mean I've identified some minor bugs (and reported), but nothing game breaking, and the performance is fine... Odd how this always happens with every patch. One person runs the game fine and the next can barely start it. Apparently a lot of people are having issues on new main branch as well.
been good to me too running at a solid 165 frames, although I haven't gotten into a 1000 person battle yet.

Has anyone reported graphical problems during character creation and it getting stuck if you try to go back to the culture select? I'm hoping maybe a settings change could help this. I've looked but I didn't see a report yet. I must say month old topics being constantly bumped by mods makes it hard to find things on tech support.

EDIT: Okay it works okay on 5th try after letting gforeexperiance do optimal settings. Whatever works

Last edited:

Encyclopedia marker (the star) is overlapping the companion and hero names that have more letters.

Loading screens in cities make this impossible to play.

Last edited:
I´ll do more tests tomorrow. Maybe I was just unlucky. Still this update is a huge step forward.
I tested and the standard formation seems to be a 15 or 16 man front line, but you can also resize the shape to make the front line less people (press f1 then left click and drag to resize formation shape). Here is an example of 12 shielded men and 7 non shielded completely behind the shields when ordered to shield formation. PIC

Last edited:
Alright, I played a bit on an existing playthrough where I removed all of my mods for e1.5.0 (safe to remove mods).

The 1st issue I experience is with sieges. Whether I go on the battlefield or send troops, it always seems to crash the game after clicking the button. For the attack in person, it first loads (very long loading) the battlefield, then crashes when I click "Begin".

My 2nd issue is that I loaded a save where I was besieging a settlement. But when I left the siege, it teleported me to one of my fief's villages far far away.

Also, my cheats are no longer enabled and it crashed once when I went to manage a town. I will start a new playthrough to see how it goes and report anything else I encounter. All the crash logs have been sent!

is there any plans to change what you getting from each faction? as of right now playing as Battanians and getting 10% better speed in woods sucks compare to what you getting from everyone else

P.S.
great job devs, keep up the awsome work and don't mind thepoison that some people are saying :smile:

This is still not fixed :sad:, just tested in 3-4 battles in 1.5.0 and AI is still making a pretty bad use of archers as you can see in this video:

Plus the AI uses shield wall formation a bit late IMO when units are too close to the enemy, and I have not seen shielded units trying to go to first ranks as mentioned in patch notes. Please keep working on this, especially on AI making better use of archers.

I have been making a lot of battles to test the new AI behavior and I think the main problem is that AI archers do not start firing until the AI infantry take the decision of making a shield wall. Once the infantry units make the shield wall formation, the AI archers stop moving forward and start firing properly. The problem with this is that the AI makes the shieldwall too late, when its units are too close to my archers more than half or its army has been already massacred. Could you please make the AI to take the decision to use shieldwall much before than it is happening now?

If the AI would take the decision to use shield wall for infantry units and start firing with archers at a greater distance, the result would be probably much better. It could be a bit worse for unshielded infantry units in the formation though but not sure.

@Callum @MArdA TaleWorlds @Duh_TaleWorlds Anyway, would be possible to give shields to recruits? mjust give them the crapiest shield available in order to make battles more enjoyable please.

"Unverified .dll caution popup obscuring confirm", "Crash on preparing tooltip for villages in town management popup" and "ALT extend key not working for tooltips" issues have been fixed internally and will be live with the next hotfix.

Wow... finally the game is in the BETA state it should have been released to Early Access in... as opposed to the early Alpha. I hope you are proud of all of the money you made from mis-selling this product all those months ago, Bannerlord devs. :smile:

I personally don't think recruits should get shields. Maybe give them to Sturgian recruits, but otherwise nah.
That'd be cool. I kinda think them not having shields counter the AI quickly getting a ton of them and zerging without spending campaign time leveling them up.
Yes it's shooting fish in a barrel, but those fish can kill you tier 6 Cavalry :sad: So either less fish or keep them in the barrel (no shields)
But for sturgians it would be cool.

I personally don't think recruits should get shields. Maybe give them to Sturgian recruits, but otherwise nah.

Well, it is not maybe a good idea but, something should be done to make battles more enjoyable. As long as I have some high tier archers in my party (30-40% of my +150 party or so), most of battles get completely decided before units engagin in melee, even if power bar is equal or similar.

The thing is that people do not like the idea about nerf archers, people do not like the idea about recruits getting shields, but it looks like people do not care at all about the fact of playing with archers currently is like cheating the game.

TW, I am not sure about the best way to do it, but plaese make something about this issue. I just want to be able to play with some archers in my party and they just do not kill everything.

Last edited:
The thing is that people do not like the idea about nerf archers, people do not like the idea about recruits getting shields, but it looks like people do not care at all about the fact of playing with archers currently is like cheating the game.
I have been always suggesting that the AI lords go level up their troops more before joining armies or doing raids, not magically getting higher tier troops mind you, actually spending time building them. I have also always wanted higher tier armor to reduce damage much more then it does. These two things would help AI battles be more interesting without making them even more boring and annoying. Some battles are really ****ing hard IMO even with best troops and best tactics and experience. I disagree that stacking archers/HA magically makes every encounter an easy afk sandwich time fight.

most of battles get completely decided before units engagin in melee, even if power bar is equal or similar.
I asked you before, but why don't you just use infantry if you think infantry fighting is more fun?
To many people, watching dog piles of infantry is actually not fun either and seems even more boring.

The bug that the starting renown is always 0, introduced in 1.4.3, still exists in 1.5.0.

Thanks for the roads, but it seems that there are none in Sturgia.

Thanks for the different new Sturgian armors and shields. Could you please incorporate them into the Sturgian troops? Are there also new armors planned for the other cultures? Currently the Azerai could benefit from some new armors, as they are still using Sturgian or Khuzait armors. Also some new Azerai helmets in the upper mid range would be appreciated (as long as this lack is not intended).

Back
Top Bottom