Beta Branch e1.1.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Weird thing happening...I was downloading the beta (2.3 GB) but after downloading it never installed... Now it's downloading 10 GB of stuff. Can anyone confirm the total size?
For me steam loading at first time 7.4 GB and then update again and load +12.8 GB. weird stuff

Happens often.
Maybe it's related to something in character creation that would change player relations, but uh... I'm not patient enough to test everything in there, and wouldn't be able to tell if it's a bug or a feature.
Tried to reproduce the bug with new campaign starts but failed, everything is normal now.

My in hours of work beautiful created character in Multiplayer now was replaced by the default skin. When im patching back to 1.0.10 its still the old.
please fix.

Last edited:
so uhh, I did the following:
  1. Updated to 1.1.0
  2. Disabled all the mods I was running
  3. Loaded my save game
  4. Took a few steps, everyone in my party gained ~150 of points in riding and my main char got points in scouting/medicine/etc
    (...)
I've been running a bunch of mods and used the char importer/exporter. I also boosted the companion cap and have 35 companions in my party. Going to revert to the previous version.

I have the same issue. I loaded my save from previous version, moved from the town a little, then suddenly I get a big skill boost in riding while my companion gets the same in athletics (both gained about 40+ level in said skills).
No mods ever enabled on that save.

Can I got back to the non-beta version easily if this doesn't work at all for me? I'm going to try it anyways but I want to be prepared. Like can I just chose to start 1.0.10 on start up or could I opt out and revert?
I haven't gotten it d/l yet just wanting to know.

I have the same issue. I loaded my save from previous version, moved from the town a little, then suddenly I get a big skill boost in riding while my companion gets the same in athletics (both gained about 40+ level in said skills).
Maybe the game tracks how much exp those chars 'should' have in those skills and adjusts it retro actively.

Can I got back to the non-beta version easily if this doesn't work at all for me? I'm going to try it anyways but I want to be prepared. Like can I just chose to start 1.0.10 on start up or could I opt out and revert?
I haven't gotten it d/l yet just wanting to know.

You can always switch back using other versions on the list.

Maybe the game tracks how much exp those chars 'should' have in those skills and adjusts it retro actively.

Exactly. Same happens when You use cheat engine to export/import your character. When You raise any skill after that you'll get all the points you should for all previous lvls cause game adjust it to the lvl you're now even If you have some spended before on stats and focus.

There is some strange bug with Charm skill. It leapt from 30 to 94 just by talking to the village notable in the tutorial. It is nice to see that this interaction gives Charm XP, but the scale is off by a factor of 100.
Obviously this a new game started with 1.1.0 beta.
I have the exact same problem. I never used any mod before, I created a new character, I walked out of the training place and talked to the village notable as tutorial requested, and boom I had 61 skills points in charm.
This is due to a bug that started with patch 1.09, it just hasn't been fixed yet. The only time I've experienced it so far is that one conversation in the tutorial, so if you skip the tutorial you shouldn't get the huge boost to charm. Alternatively, you can do as some people have suggested in other threads and use the "beta" patch rollback in steam to start a game with 1.08, then update to the newest patch after having that conversation with the village headman.

Combat AI
  • Cavalry not being able to hit enemies right next to them when they had swingable weapons and circling each other endlessly issue fixed.
  • Mounted agents can calculate enemy positions better and thus more accurately aim their thrust attacks.

I hope these changes were ported to Captain mode. The AI there could have these same problems, although not much the close range circle in cav vs cav.

Multiplayer

Design & Balance

• Damage interrupt threshold values are set as 5.
  • Headshot damage multiplier is increased from 1.7 to 2 for pierce damage.

Performance
  • Improved the performance of the sound system.
  • Big improvements for the multi-core performance of the game.
  • We now select Maximum sound count according to your CPU's core count. You can increase this setting if you have a recent CPU. We've also added a new very low(64) option.
  • Some other minor performance improvements.

Interrupt set to 5, but it's hard to say how that will change anything if we don't know the former value.

I hope the headshot is exclusively for ranged weapons. Melee piecing weapons have been busted for quite some time already and this 15% dps increase won't help that.

Some great performance changes. I wonder if the option from SP to limit max audio instances would be helpful here as well.

Ok it seems to happen on first increase of any skill.
This time I loaded the same save, didn't leave the town, instead went to Arena battle, killed a guy using bow, suddenly I got 30 levels in bow...

I’m surprised by the number of tweaked on here considering the time this has been out in EA. Lots l juicy stuff! Looks promising!

I don't know if this is where beta errors should be reported but I have two major problems:

1. The increase in experience gain has increased totally out of proportion, here I comment on my experience:

Fighting 45 looters with my 66 Imperial Trained Infantryman and 6 companions the experience gain was exaggerated: 34 Imperial Trained Infantryman gained promotion and all 6 companions leveled up (none had the experience bar beyond half)

The previous experience increase was too low, although compared to this new one I prefer 1.0.10 . This beta experience gain should be greatly reduced, it's crazy.

2. This is not a joke, my imperial troops look obese in this beta, literally obese, I do not understand this change, is it due to a mistake?

concerning audio, sound limiting system still need work. Even maxed, in large battle cavelry is muted when you are in melee and close to the cav. Sound a little bit weird cause you are surrounded by cav witouht any hoof sound.

Back
Top Bottom