Beta Branch e1.1.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Not sure what you mean. That little snippet I quoted is literally the only information about early access, beta, etc. that most buyers will ever see. And anyway, if Taleworlds really wants player feedback as a form of beta testing, they should make the game free to play until it launches officially. When people are asked to pay for the product, they understandably infer certain expectations.

Free to play..............................................is this really what we're coming to? Read the page before you buy. If you are a gamer, you should very well know what Early Access is at this stage. Video Games are a risky and expensive endeavor whose price model hasn't been sufficiently updated in over 15 years. So unless you want the pricetag of AAA games to jump to $100, early access, season passes, and micro-transactions are all gonna be in play. Handing something out for free that the Turkey government had to subsidize just to get it to this point is about a ****ty of a business model decision as you can make.

And the fact they've kicked out patches 4/5 days since this thing dropped is a great sign of them caring and applying all that generated revenue. It's bound to slow down as they tackle bigger issues, but what a good faith gesture!!

You must be using a save game from previous version where XP gains are extremely buggy. I've been playing around 12 hours on a brand new save file doing combat, tournaments, hideouts and caravans non stop as horse archer with 5 trait points invested ASAP in both and it doesnt go past 150. In fact it seems extremely slow if in the future they enable the currently disabled permanent deaths, because you won't be able to constantly fight and jump in and out of fights risking that much all the time.

(I'm unaware, didn't check if we can see enemies killed and knocked like in Warband, but if it helps to understand how many of those 'fights' to level up those skills I took, just doing these and not really completing many quests I've already reached clan tier 3, winning [0-2 reknown for skirmishes] and [2-9] for Caravans)
No brand new game. Just solo bandits for awhile and you will sky rocket in levels.

The bug I reported:
[BETA e1.1.0] Characters are very dark in Character/Inventory/Party/Clan screens
Forum thread

Is still present after latest Hotfix. The problem exists only in the Beta branch.

No brand new game. Just solo bandits for awhile and you will sky rocket in levels.

Well, but that's your choice to cheese the game mechanics. You are not really meant to take on 10+ looter/sea raider parties on your own early game - not by design. Yeah, we all do it - because we can and so choose. But using that to measure EXP gaining rate would be much worse, you would be essentially forced to solo bandits. Not the best idea IMO.

Well, but that's your choice to cheese the game mechanics. You are not really meant to take on 10+ looter/sea raider parties on your own early game - not by design. Yeah, we all do it - because we can and so choose. But using that to measure EXP gaining rate would be much worse, you would be essentially forced to solo bandits. Not the best idea IMO.
That's how I played original mount and blade I didn't end up over leveling then.

Wait, how is this even cheesing game mechanics? On what basis do you say that it's not intended/by design?

That's how I played original mount and blade I didn't end up over leveling then.
Ok, so you just want it to be slower? If so, how much slower? I started the new playthrough on beta 1.1.0. and early game combat EXP gains seemed ok, slow even. The battles last way too short, but that's another issue.

Wait, how is this even cheesing game mechanics? On what basis do you say that it's not intended/by design?

Because I believe the design is not meant to limit how you play early game. Also, I always found kiting on a horse around sea raider party in Warband gamey and cheesy as F*** and combined with the high quality loot they tended to drop - felt cheap. I don't see it any different in BL as well (minus the loot). It's stilll fun, sure.

What I meant is that if the only effective way to level up was soloing, then early game recruiting would not be a thing. Current state is - you want to speed up levelling, you go soloing the bandit parties and all is perfectly fine. You can just as easily go some other way, whereas it won't be possible if we assume, that the reasonable levelling rate require soloing bandits, due to slower exp gains.

That's my opinion, YMMV.

But circling around people who are on foot with a bow was a literal tactic that people used, for hundreds if not thousands (if you include chariots) of years lol.

It doesn't matter how skilled they are, if they have no ranged weapons they are powerless against you.

Yes, I am sure that's how they dealt with the bandits. They sent medieval equivalent of Chuck Norris and peppered them with chariots and LOLs.
The discussion was about something else entirely, but whatevs :smile:

Ok, so you just want it to be slower? If so, how much slower? I started the new playthrough on beta 1.1.0. and early game combat EXP gains seemed ok, slow even. The battles last way too short, but that's another issue.
I'd say maybe 15% to 20% slower early game and probably 15% 20% faster late game would be a good compromise. As you start out at thirty I think that the average player should be reaching the end of the bars around 50 which will likely be the old age death area. Then when you play your child starting around ~18 you'd be maxing your the bars around late thirties giving around 12 years of god tier stats (in comparison to max tier units).

Of course, the other problem is whether players will get this far in the game loop. Right now most people will have almost conquered everything by 50 lol.

The problem is really some skills still raise much slower than others. Crossbow doesn't get nearly as many hits as a bow and goes much slower, and Leadership still lacks anything that raises it as a practical matter.

I noticed there's no new patch today. Is this our first weekday without a patch?

FOUND A BUG:

While completing the "Investigate Neretzes Folly", if you talk to a quest noble that you are at war with, have them tell you the story, then try to immediately fight then after, it will kick you back out to the main map without fighting. You will then have to click back on the noble again in order to engage.

Probably best to post something like this in the bug report section yeah?
The purpose of this thread was to discuss findings in the beta.

Found another BUG:
I disbanded an army and then lost the ability to move around the campaign map, the time speed buttons on the bottom disappeared.

Hello, some bugs: there is sometimes a shadow cloud artefacts in the "sky"of the scene following your character.
DA8B00AD468B3EE5154560D04A70B778C572E74B
You can't enter a castle you conquered. Soldiers use only one ladder on 3 of siege tower. Settings of units are reset to default by the saves (when you reload a save you have to set again all units). When Falsefor speaks to you about the fact he is unhappy you raid villages you gain relation with him instead of losing some. I also seen some relation loss when you help same faction lords in a battle. I think there is a problem with the price of some Aserai armors:
C24901815A58992580FF2F90F24B449DDFA018F4

I think i've seen some prisoner lords disappear from my party.

Campaign AI

Ennemy lords don't use their fortress as a shelter to escape you (like they do in Warband). Pretty often ennemies take a stupid road and are stuck in a dead end. Some parties that should logically run away after a crual defeat attack you again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom