Beta Branch e1.1.0

Users who are viewing this thread

hi guys...cool bug:ROFLMAO: see flag its uv map of weapon
20200413064836_1.jpg

I just tried beta but it's unplayable.Everything is crashing.I attack any army game crashes, i siege and deploy crashes, also wierd movemment of npcies on the battles or sieges.I couldnt make 2 battle on a row. So i turned backed my old not beta save.You guys so many work to do...

thanks guys, seems legit - i seem to get the boost only once for each recently used skill. and it also looks like the boost was higher on skills that i used more extensively before

for me it broke my save because my shield maidens got 328 points intwo handed.Together with the „faster running per point“ perk they where faster on foot than my cavalry. Tried to fix that with console and with hiring new companionsbut the new one also got 328 (from a tournament maybe) so I decided to start a new save. Was a Good decision because many things are now available I didnt have in my old save that started with v1.0.3

Also, why would anyone assume that their save game from the stable version of the game would work with the beta branch. About 90% of EA games that use beta branches, the save games between beta branch and stable branch are never compatible. That’s honestly just common sense and makes me sad that our community doesn’t understand doesn’t.

common sense seems to be more and more rare within these forums now a days and it’s truly sad considering half of the player population is grown adults.

How about not using "common sense" as an argument?
The developers haven't written anywhere that the beta is not save-compatible, if it was breaking save compatibility they would definitely point it out.
This Beta is not some experimental future version, it is a version that will become the official latest version in only several days, and then everyone will upgrade to it automatically, and many people will be having saved games they want to keep. So unless devs indeed say they break save compatibility with this or another version, we should help them to ensure that this new version works well enough for all saves, old and new, so in my opinion testing it with old saves is not only legitimate, but necessary.

How about not using "common sense" as an argument?
The developers haven't written anywhere that the beta is not save-compatible, if it was breaking save compatibility they would definitely point it out.
This Beta is not some experimental future version, it is a version that will become the official latest version in only several days, and then everyone will upgrade to it automatically, and many people will be having saved games they want to keep. So unless devs indeed say they break save compatibility with this or another version, we should help them to ensure that this new version works well enough for all saves, old and new, so in my opinion testing it with old saves is not only legitimate, but necessary.

This is straight from their EA Steam description:
Savegames: We will strive to keep savegame compatibility during EA, however it may be technically infeasible to provide 100% backward compatibility in savegames and you may occasionally have to start a new game after updating to a new version.

This is straight from their EA Steam description:

I don't see anything that contradicts what I said.

We will strive to keep savegame compatibility during EA
-> We may assume saves are compatible between versions unless devs say otherwise.
(or at least meant to be compatible and unstated incompatibilities are probably bugs)
however it may be technically infeasible to provide 100% backward compatibility in savegames and you may occasionally have to start a new game after updating to a new version.
-> There may occasionally be cases where backward compatibility is broken, when it was infeasible for it to be kept. Since these cases are meant to be occasional they probably will be clearly stated.

I don't see anything that contradicts what I said.
-> There may occasionally be cases where backward compatibility is broken, when it was infeasible for it to be kept. Since these cases are meant to be occasional they probably will be clearly stated.
It contradicts directly with what you said. Clearly states the saves may or may not be compatible, this is the case. I've had no issues with my saves up to 1.1.0 (quick edit: devs even pulled 1.0.10 to fix the save game compatibility, they do try where possible as stated in the EA description).

Also:
We may assume saves are compatible between versions unless devs say otherwise.
Don't assume things, look at the evidence. They do try to keep saves compatible and after the 1.1.0 has been released to the public it might still be the case, if not - well, they warned us.

Last edited:
Clearly states the saves may or may not be compatible, this is the case. I've had no issues with my saves up to 1.1.0 (quick edit: devs even pulled 1.0.10 to fix the save game compatibility, they do try where possible as stated in the EA description).

Don't assume things, look at the evidence. They do try to keep saves compatible and after the 1.1.0 has been released to the public it might still be the case, if not - well, they warned us.

This is my whole point - they try to keep saves compatible, and put effort to fix any issues with save game compatibility.

My earlier response was to people saying that we should only ever test the Beta with new saves because it is "common sense".
Which imho would be hurting the testing process, skipping the whole part of testing save compatibility. And since the save compatibility is actively maintained already, with bugs that break it fixed with high priority, it is better to spot any new bugs that break saves here in the Beta, rather that later when Beta goes into stable. I am not saying that any compatibility breaking bugs must be fixed and 100% save compatibility maintained. I am saying that any compatibility breaking bugs should be spotted here in Beta, so devs know about them now, so they can either fix them, or announce that "sorry with this new version old saves will have problem X", if they deem it infeasible to fix.

Last edited:
This is my whole point - they try to keep saves compatible, and put effort to fix any issues with save game compatibility.

My earlier response was to people saying that we should only ever test the Beta with new saves because it is "common sense".
Which imho would be hurting the testing process, skipping the whole part of testing save compatibility. And since the save compatibility is actively maintained already, with bugs that break it fixed with high priority, it is better to spot any new bugs that break saves here in the Beta, rather that later when Beta goes into stable. I am not saying that any compatibility breaking bugs must be fixed and 100% save compatibility maintained. I am saying that any compatibility breaking bugs should be spotted here in Beta, so devs know about them now, so they can either fix them, or announce that "sorry with this new version old saves will have problem X", if they deem it infeasible to fix.
I see, I clearly misunderstood you then, this is what I get for jumping on the forums after only one cup of coffee, my apologies!

Anyone else having crashes when trying to do Arzago's bandit hidout in this Beta?

Par for the course for things that worked to break during testing, kinda the point, just wanna make sure its not just me doing something janky.

Anyone else having crashes when trying to do Arzago's bandit hidout in this Beta?

Par for the course for things that worked to break during testing, kinda the point, just wanna make sure its not just me doing something janky.
Seems like it's not just limited to that particular hideout. There were a few threads reporting crashes related to just attacking/leaving hideouts.

Back
Top Bottom