Bannerlord SP First Reactions: Megathread

Users who are viewing this thread

Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else, so there it goes: troops with throwing weapons now try to "lead" their target, so when you circle around them they will aim for the direction you are going to instead of where you are. That is fine and everything, but when you are charging directly at them they now turn around and shoot *behind* themselves, which I find a little silly and definitely immersion breaking. I would suggest one of the two (or possibly both):

1) Make the leading behavior random, i.e. some troops will aim for the current position, others will try to lead.
2) Set it so that if the target is close enough they will aim for the current position instead of leading.

I hope that makes sense!

That said, I am enjoying the game so far. Definitely could use some polishing but the core is there.

And for anyone who was wondering, yes soloing sea raiders is still very much viable :grin:

Buy Hardwood (Sibir or whatever the far northern Sturgian town is called has it for very cheap) and go to the Smith. Under the tab "refine" there is an option to make charcoal out of hardwood. Beware they put a limitation on forging though, you can only do so many smithing actions per day before needing to rest.
Thanks!
Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else, so there it goes: troops with throwing weapons now try to "lead" their target, so when you circle around them they will aim for the direction you are going to instead of where you are. That is fine and everything, but when you are charging directly at them they now turn around and shoot *behind* themselves, which I find a little silly and definitely immersion breaking. I would suggest one of the two (or possibly both):

1) Make the leading behavior random, i.e. some troops will aim for the current position, others will try to lead.
2) Set it so that if the target is close enough they will aim for the current position instead of leading.

I hope that makes sense!

That said, I am enjoying the game so far. Definitely could use some polishing but the core is there.

And for anyone who was wondering, yes soloing sea raiders is still very much viable :grin:
At the moment using the command "charge" I feel it practical. Although they could add a command that allows you to change the weapon that the unit is using. That way you could order ranged troops to switch to their mele weapon and charge.

Last edited:
Thanks!

At the moment using the command "charge" I feel it practical. Although they could add a command that allows you to change the weapon that the unit is using. That way you could order ranged troops to switch to their mele weapon and charge.

My point was more related to when you as the player are the target. It is really easy to take out troops with throwing weapons by simply charging at them as fast as possible, which is not quite how it's supposed to go I think.

I hope that makes sense!

It really counters the kiting people would do all the time in warband though. I got rekt quite a few times because of it hahaha

Honestly, despite the early bugginess, I know this will be the best game I've ever played. There's a strong base-game that builds on the excellent party management of Warband and the new features (and the possibilities for new features) mean that the mods that eventually come out will be incredible. My character's only at lvl 6, and the bugged quests have stopped me from wanting to continue playing just now.

Very proud of you guys introducing a load order understanding that downloading an entire game again for a mod isn't really plausible in the modern era.

Game is a lot of fun, but I seem to be getting an issue whenever I play the game for longer than 30 minutes, everyone's portraits, including item portraits, begin to disappear / have a hard time loading.

Found a couple features locked behind some commands, started running some playthroughs with a couple settings tweaked, but found the game defaulting to natural settings after short periods of time.

Very impressed with what you guys gave us, can't wait to see what the mod community does. I'm gonna keep taking a crack at the fileset to see what I can change.

Last edited:
First Impression: Why can't I control my troops with my mouse anymore like in Warband? I guess I have to refund because they removed a much needed feature as I don't have Function keys on my keyboard without layer swapping all the time.

I loved it! I think that riding and generally controls and combat feel more fluid and natural, not as boxed in, easily controllable as in Warband.

A question though, how can you rotate the camera on campaign map? I'm used to rotating it all the time for a better viewing angle but cannot seem to do it here, pushing mouse cursor to the sides of the screen doesn't work, nor does Q, E keys.:confused: any ideas?

Last edited:
I need an option to turn off controller vibration. I don't even use it. Also please please please stop the AI wanting to just run in to me point blank to have a fight. I think a minimum distance (maybe related to weapon length/size) would be great. It would make AI with larger weapons take advantage of their extra reach.

I loved it! I think that riding and generally controls and combat feel more fluid and natural, not as boxed it, easily controllable as in Warband.

A question though, how can you rotate the camera on campaign map? I'm used to rotating it all the time for a better viewing angle but cannot seem to do it here, pushing mouse cursor to the sides of the screen doesn't work, nor does Q, E keys.:confused: any ideas?

Right click to rotate my dood

Playing as a bandit princess right now and loving the control, the depth of the politics, and the more personal relationships with NPCs. Wish the party NPCs had more going on though and I'm not sure we can fix that through mods.

Absolutely love the game so far, tbh for me the hype didn't die down since their first ever announcement of the game. But atm I'm more looking for bugs rather than actual playing, there will be time for immersion once the glitches are fixed I'd say.

I have been really enjoying the game, however there are a few decisions I don't really understand, such as limiting army creation to lords and above. There is no logical reason why I should not be able to gather a clan army, or a bandit army, or a mercenary army, without first being named a lord of a faction.

My first few hours have been very enjoyable, though I had some performance issues with recommended settings: in some cases combatants were obfuscated under black fields and especially at the beginning of sieges the game turned into a slideshow until I tweaked troop counts. However, I'm surprised how the game looks great even on low settings, and cities and settings look believable - really looking forward to how it develops.

Back
Top Bottom