Bannerlord Roadmap

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah sorry OP but we do already it just came in here for some reason. Anyways its not like the first post about road maps either which isnt leading anywhere but i respect the request and shut up ^^
Look, anyone can post on any thread, but clogging up threads with nonsense is just annoying tbh. I know It's not but it doesn't mean you get to ruin and hijack the discussion though. There's a time and a place for sh*t posting.

Not telling you to stop posting entirely, just tone it down a bit, think before you speak (Type) as they say..

Look, anyone can post on any thread, but clogging up threads with nonsense is just annoying tbh. I know It's not but it doesn't mean you get to ruin and hijack the discussion though. There's a time and a place for sh*t posting.

Not telling you to stop posting entirely, just tone it down a bit, think before you speak (Type) as they say..
hey relax i know youre not a fan of the sheep approach i get it and i didn't to, since also thought there was other things they should focus at...But were both guilty of this as we discussed things like Monopoly and such...lets leave room now brother and walk on in peace

hey relax i know youre not a fan of the sheep approach i get it and i didn't to, since also thought there was other things they should focus at...But were both guilty of this as we discussed things like Monopoly and such...lets leave room now brother and walk on in peace
Nahh I don't think so, the bit about the monopoly (Different thread BTW) was appropriate to the topic. Now, Going off on a tangent about sheeps, kodak moment, grandchildren is just head scratch inducing. Anyway, I've said my bit.

Nahh I don't think so, the bit about the monopoly (Different thread BTW) was appropriate to the topic. Now, Going off on a tangent about sheeps, kodak moment, grandchildren is just head scratch inducing. Anyway, I've said my bit.
fair enough and once more my apologies OP. Ps screw the road-maps i want good results. road maps will only lead to more *****ing and fighting over what is the best approach and deadlines

Last edited:
There's so many things they could have done instead of updating the sheep texture. For example, they could have added flying birds to add realism and immersion (I'm sure there's no birds atm, correct me if I'm wrong). I would love to make a suggestion thread to ask TW to add flying birds in battles, village, castles and town scenes but I don't think they even read them nor even care about implementing community feedback.

RDR2_Screenshot_084_copy.0.jpg

The occasional bird would be nice but what do we have? New sheep.
Ironically that man was looking for a sheep

You can't have a road map for uncharted territory
also people would had tear em apart if they didnt make it in time on every point as well if there where details in there that didnt fit theirs....But its fair in some aspect since its been pretty calm on the progression lately so i can understand that the mob isnt pleased. But right now they cant even put an silent fart before it heats up. Even if they are fixing things and releasing new stuff if something major went out that wasnt working as intended they would have put more fire to the pitchforks

also people would had tear em apart if they didnt make it in time on every point as well if there where details in there that didnt fit theirs....But its fair in some aspect since its been pretty calm on the progression lately so i can understand that the mob isnt pleased
It would be good enough to tell what they are planning to do as next steps without any dates.

It would be good enough to tell what they are planning to do as next steps without any dates.
yeah it would have calmed the mob for sure but i would rather have em doing what they did before release because this EA thing just destroyed that vision the company had and are known for or at least put it to hold. But well they did it anyways for the fans and prob little economical reasons after all those years. But as we all know we got an choice to take the risk or not and just wait for it if were not sure looking at people that we trusts opinion (good reviewers). People must surely have learned after all these years with EA releases

yeah it would have calmed the mob for sure but i would rather have em doing what they did before release because this EA thing just destroyed that vision the company had and are known for or at least put it to hold. But well they did it anyways for the fans and prob little economical reasons after all those years. But as we all know we got an choice to take the risk or not and just wait for it if were not sure looking at people that we trusts opinion (good reviewers). People must surely have learned after all these years with EA releases
I kind of wish they hadn't started the EA yet, since at least then I'd still be able to happily play warband mods while dreaming about how awesome Bannerlord was gonna be. Reality's been a crushing blow.

I can't really say I believe progress would be any better if they'd chosen not to do ea and kept development private. We saw the results of them working without player feedback at release and it was a muddled mess of a game. At least now player feedback is giving them some idea of the things that work and don't work.

As has been mentioned multiple times in these forums, the game has not been in development for 10 years, it is nearer 4-5 years as they scrapped their original plans and started again. Which I am sure you have picked up on if you have an IQ of 100+?
This gets mentioned all the time and that doesn't make it any stronger of a point. Its not like starting over just erased the 4 years of development time that came before it. It all counts. If you hire a contractor to remodel your house and he spends 4 weeks tearing everything apart and then decides the new design isn't working out so he has to pull it all out and start over from scratch, I dont think you're going to just forget about those first 4 weeks that your house was upside down.

I kind of wish they hadn't started the EA yet, since at least then I'd still be able to happily play warband mods while dreaming about how awesome Bannerlord was gonna be. Reality's been a crushing blow.

I can't really say I believe progress would be any better if they'd chosen not to do ea and kept development private. We saw the results of them working without player feedback at release and it was a muddled mess of a game. At least now player feedback is giving them some idea of the things that work and don't work.

This gets mentioned all the time and that doesn't make it any stronger of a point. Its not like starting over just erased the 4 years of development time that came before it. It all counts. If you hire a contractor to remodel your house and he spends 4 weeks tearing everything apart and then decides the new design isn't working out so he has to pull it all out and start over from scratch, I dont think you're going to just forget about those first 4 weeks that your house was upside down.
No I would of fired him and got in someone who is not a cowboy. I would not charge the new guy for the work the first guy messed up though.

Well i saw em changing the game back and forward because of the feedback and still made the game to easy and to fast so idk about our feedback being healthy. Yeah in some areas for sure but some others it stretched the core other ways. But it isnt just the communities fault but the responsibility lays within the executives decision to steer the boat so to speak. I was against the change and saw that the boat was steering towards that casual gaming style even if i understand that the company mentality of being nice was there to comply, but it also got used by people of Now so to speak who not really are used to M&B in general. But well who am i to judge since were all in the same boat. I was also wrong at times and we all need to find a good middle ground.
However since i know that the company know who they are (of which i saw in the release...i mean it wasn't some drastic change like Dragon age 1 to 2 so to speak even if in some areas its debatable) i hope they go back to their roots but also expand their minds as we can see that they are trying. Its good to get feedback but it can also distract your goals. In other words people dont really know what an "grand masterpiece" is until they suddenly unfold it being something created not only for the public's needs but for the sake of it. So as we can see of today how games being made only for "publics demands" are being watered out and not really something groundbreaking but still entertainment :smile:
Now if the company is broken as some people say or they are focusing only Soon will tell

Last edited:

I think that this way of seeing the making of a video game is fundamentally flawed myself. A video game is closer to art than it is to a house or a car. You can not rush an artist, all you can do is judge (subjectively) the final product. The quality of the final product is more important than the time that it took to make it or the process that created it. It is also nowhere near as expensive or as important for our lives as a car or a house.

I think that this way of seeing the making of a video game is fundamentally flawed myself. A video game is closer to art than it is to a house or a car. You can not rush an artist, all you can do is judge (subjectively) the final product. The quality of the final product is more important than the time that it took to make it or the process that created it. It is also nowhere near as expensive or as important for our lives as a car or a house.
well said... the music and movie industry have this sort of complex even if artists are constantly breaking loose. The creator of The Joker said he wanted to write an movie like Taxi driver but had to use Marvel type of movies to actually get his foot inside the industry. Its sad really that you need this sort of walls just to express yourself. But well its nothing new as most geniuses including science have to break thru some sort of stagnations

It doesn't change the fact that the game's been in development for 8 years. If they decided today to start over and build a brand new game engine, we wouldn't just reset the clock and say "Hey, they've only been working on the game for a day, cut em some slack."

Back
Top Bottom