Bannerlord Roadmap

Users who are viewing this thread

ah... well then just because things seems to have slowed down right now doesn't mean they arent working. Personally i think its an mix of vaccations, pandemic but also mostly that they are concentrating on the product atm instead of complying all the time of which im hoping they learned from
A community manager is described as someone who communicates with the community. They are the main liaison between the company and the players. When they are silent it does not do any good as it leaves the community without a way to communicate.

A community manager is described as someone who communicates with the community. They are the main liaison between the company and the players. When they are silent it does not do any good as it leaves the community without a way to communicate.
Well i see the company communicates all the time but do they comply to everyone and do they have to ? Nah... I have sent in a lot of requests and wanting for fixes that i got received without having em to answer..Actions to me speaks better then words. How ever we cant get everything directly either as we want it *coughing alliances* since theres also many other factors to have in mind of what we know nothing about (as what do we know what they are working on)..... But sure they haven't been good calming the mob but still the mob havnt been fair either in some areas while others ill admit they have. But mostly i see is just *****ing about timelines of which hasn't been set in stone

Last edited:
Well i see the company communicates all the time but do they comply to everyone and do they have to ? Nah... I have sent in a lot of requests and wanting for fixes that i got received without having em to answer..Actions to me speaks better then words. How ever we cant get everything directly either as we want it *coughing alliances* since theres also many other factors to have in mind of what we know nothing about (as what do we know what they are working on)..... But sure they haven't been good calming the mob but still the mob havnt been fair either in some areas while others ill admit they have. But mostly i see is just *****ing about timelines of which hasn't been set in stone
You are talking about developers. I am talking about community managers, two very different jobs. Community managers main job is communicating with the community.

You are talking about developers. I am talking about community managers, two very different jobs. Community managers main job is communicating with the community.
yes but what should he be communicating about? road maps ? But i get your point and like i said there have been some gaps in some areas but not all since i see em here and there all the time. And communication as i see it most important to get thru our communications to the devs so we can go to a better game in the end...but at the same time we dont own their production just because were consumers even if were equal as important. If you want to own it, buy their shares if they are selling such...but still even then you cant control everything except if youre owning 50.1 procent then you can systematically destruct it towards total control but then you're just reaching lvl 50 asshat (just saying)

Last edited:
yes but what should he be communicating about? road maps ? But i get your point and like i said there have been some gaps in some areas but not all since i see em here and there all the time. And communication as i see it most important to get thru our communications to the devs so we can go to a better game in the end...but at the same time we dont own their production just because were consumers even if were equal as important. If you want to own it, buy their shares if they are selling such...but still even then you cant control everything except if youre owning 50.1 procent then you can systematically destruct it towards total control but then you're just reaching lvl 50 asshat (just saying)
No it should be about discussing players ideas, especially those that cannot implemented and explaining why that is the case. Letting the community know that the company appreciates them sticking with them throughout this early access. Discussing the game in general and asking where the players see it going. The list goes on for possible conversations.

No it should be about discussing players ideas, especially those that cannot implemented and explaining why that is the case. Letting the community know that the company appreciates them sticking with them throughout this early access. Discussing the game in general and asking where the players see it going. The list goes on for possible conversations.
True that to and is very healthy for the company as im certain that they listen to. But it depends also because they have an responsibility of which we have not

No it should be about discussing players ideas, especially those that cannot implemented and explaining why that is the case.

They did that for village management and ambushes; in both cases their explanations were used to heap scorn on the devs, so I can see why they stopped doing it.

They did that for village management and ambushes; in both cases their explanations were used to heap scorn on the devs, so I can see why they stopped doing it.
That should really be discussed with the moderators then. If Callum or Dejan write a reply, they should let the moderators know so they can be on hand to issue out warnings, whilst the discussion is happening.

That should really be discussed with the moderators then. If Callum or Dejan write a reply, they should let the moderators know so they can be on hand to issue out warnings, whilst the discussion is happening.

Warnings for what? Saying mean things about the devs isn't against the rules.

Warnings for what? Saying mean things about the devs isn't against the rules.

To be fair though, communication has always been a problem with TW. It didn't get bad because people started getting passive aggressive (or just plain aggressive), if anything it's the other way around.

Not defending that kind of behavior mind you, I think it's meaningless, if not outright childish, to lash out myself.

I've mentioned something similar to this before but they are wary of using such heavy handed tactics. They already get a lot of criticism over the warning points they do give out. I'm sure you have seen it all since a lot of discussion took place in your thread. Personally, I would rather TW communicate as much as they want, while protected by a troop of bouncer mods! But that's just my opinion.. Also I am not 100% sold on this being the problem. A lot of companies have to deal with trolls and it doesn't stop them from communicating. Personally, I think the trolling would occur less with a higher volume of communication.

However, at the same time, we must also remember that there is still quite a lot of communication in the subforums. MP just released a new roadmap today, and there is quite a lot of communication in the thread from devs. Hopefully they are working on another version of something similar for SP Campaign as well. I would be very happy to see that.

To be fair though, communication has always been a problem with TW. It didn't get bad because people started getting passive aggressive (or just plain aggressive), if anything it's the other way around.

Not defending that kind of behavior mind you, I think it's meaningless, if not outright childish, to lash out myself.

Eh, I thought the Thursday devblogs were pretty good communication with the community. The problem was a lot of the news wasn't really exciting a lot of the time and most apparently didn't bother reading them, outside of a handful.

Also "only" 15-20k players seem to be left since june. I don´t see any big spikes when a major patch had been released. It´s the hardcore fanbase left playing the game.

Concurrent players
  • 12,049 players right now
  • 14,208 24-hour peak
  • 248,216 all-time peak 6 months ago
That's not the right way to interpret those numbers. Those numbers don't show the total # people who have logged on per day, they're concurrent numbers.

Here's a graph of Bannerlord's players from the previous week, courtesy of steamdb:

3OAyL.png

The grey dotted line represents the moving average of the number of players on at any one time. It shows that there are about 10k people playing at any one time. If there were only 20k people left, that would mean those players would have to play for about 12 hours a day to maintain 10k players online concurrently. They would need to play for 18 hours a day if there were only 15k people left.

It's more likely that the majority of people are only logging a couple of hours a day (if that). Say each person played for 1 hour a day. There would then need to be 10000 x 24 = 240k people playing on a regular basis to maintain a constant population of 10k people. It's hard to get precise numbers on how often people play, because steam doesn't release those numbers, but I would say there are a hell of a lot more people playing day-to-day than 15k-20k.

Those numbers don't show the total # people who have logged on per day, they're concurrent numbers.
I have to correct you. Steam reports players per hour (e.g. 7,529 players between 12:00-13:00 means, that 7,529 unique Steam accounts have started up the game at least once during that hour).

I have to correct you. Steam reports players per hour (e.g. 7,529 players between 12:00-13:00 means, that 7,529 unique Steam accounts have started up the game at least once during that hour).

So the 24hr peak metric is the sum of all unique accounts that started up the game within the 24hr period.

Bannerman, what your saying is absolutely ridiculous. The idea that 240k players are regularly playing Bannerlord is not supported by any data whatsoever. Nice try to SIMP though.

Last edited:
So the 24hr peak metric is the sum of all unique accounts that started up the game within the 24hr period.

Bannerman, what your saying is absolutely ridiculous. The idea that 240k players are regularizing playing Bannerlord is not supported by any data whatsoever. Nice try to SIMP though.
Think you need to look up what Simping is all about again though (or i might be missing out on some twitch channel you two are hanging out in this one) ^^ and we get it that you dont like Bannerlord, its fine son :smile: there´s grass for all of us

Last edited:
No it's not. Are you aware of the definition of 'peak'? It shows the peak hour from last 24 hours. You know, the one with the most players in it.

According to the graph, it says "24-hour peak", which to me means, the highest amount of players who logged in during that 24 hr time period. Its doesn't say or identify a "peak hour". So not sure what you're saying.

To throw some of your snark back at you, are you able to read/comprehend the words stated in the graph posted above?

Think you need to look up what Simping is all about again though (or i might be missing out on some twitch channel you two are hanging out in this one) ^^ and we get it that you dont like Bannerlord, its fine son :smile: there´s grass for all of us

eh, Bannerlord is about as mediorce as it gets, so I think the premise works.

Its not so much that I don't like it, its just that Bannerlord is a huge missed opportunity, and is a really lackluster product.

Back
Top Bottom