Bannerlord Roadmap

Users who are viewing this thread

It doesn't change the fact that the game's been in development for 8 years. If they decided today to start over and build a brand new game engine, we wouldn't just reset the clock and say "Hey, they've only been working on the game for a day, cut em some slack."
lol then i would have sharpened the pitchfork myself. But you cant just demand and expect for something to be when you want it to be. However when someone comes up with statement as they did on that Gaming convention many years ago as the people who had waited so long for it then gets broken promises as they felt they got now i can understand that to. Personally i didnt think it was that dramatically bad as people are potraying even if im still missing 50% of the game which includes (from the last warband) some bandit village raids, Npc interaction, prison breaks, village building and feasts. And the biggest new one Bandit takeovers as i saw it being portrayed should be in the game :/ But expecting that all the modding stuff heighten on their pedestals should be in the game is just grasping for a damn hay bell instead of some straws

Last edited:
It doesn't change the fact that the game's been in development for 8 years. If they decided today to start over and build a brand new game engine, we wouldn't just reset the clock and say "Hey, they've only been working on the game for a day, cut em some slack."
While I don't like to excuse the inexcusable, they never owed anything as nobody paid them. They could have secretly worked for years without announcing it, would that change something? Only the expectations raised by both them and the community.

The issue has nothing to do with how long they have been working on the game, it is to do with the lack of communication. @Callum has been on holiday we have been told, but we have also been told that there is now someone there taking over the responsibility (cannot remember the name we were told). However that person seems to have gone completely AWOL which is not good enough.

As I said in an earlier reply, I would not keep on a cowboy worker, nor would I keep on someone who does not come on and do their job of answering the community.

The issue has nothing to do with how long they have been working on the game, it is to do with the lack of communication. @Callum has been on holiday we have been told, but we have also been told that there is now someone there taking over the responsibility (cannot remember the name we were told). However that person seems to have gone completely AWOL which is not good enough.

As I said in an earlier reply, I would not keep on a cowboy worker, nor would I keep on someone who does not come on and do their job of answering the community.
Please do share this information because i want facts before listening in to petty rumors and if so is the case lets pray for Soon to smite this smitty beast. *Its also because im interested in why its taking so long right now, but i also dont like **** talk and rumor spreaders in the locker room*

Last edited:
The vast majority of those reviews have less than 4 hours playtime, and almost all of them were written on release day.

This is not true. I don't know where it comes from either because there is no combination of filters, dates purchase types, etc. to make the majority of reviews have less than four hours playtime. Most of the Steam purchase reviews have ten hours or more playtime behind them. You can filter out the reviews with less than 1, 10 or 100 hours on Steam. And even the hundred hour reviews (about 10% of the total) are still sitting in the same range.

gU5XrT8.png

You have some good points but don't fall into a trap imagining things that aren't true.

My bet is that a lot of players don´t mind to change their review anyway. Of course I can´t back this up.

Also "only" 15-20k players seem to be left since june. I don´t see any big spikes when a major patch had been released. It´s the hardcore fanbase left playing the game.

Concurrent players
  • 12,049 players right now
  • 14,208 24-hour peak
  • 248,216 all-time peak 6 months ago
But anyway, all of this don´t change the state this game is in right now at all.

Just my 2 cents.

This is not true. I don't know where it comes from either because there is no combination of filters, dates purchase types, etc. to make the majority of reviews have less than four hours playtime. Most of the Steam purchase reviews have ten hours or more playtime behind them. You can filter out the reviews with less than 1, 10 or 100 hours on Steam. And even the hundred hour reviews (about 10% of the total) are still sitting in the same range.

gU5XrT8.png

You have some good points but don't fall into a trap imagining things that aren't true.

Well, a full 40% of all reviews are from Day 1, so all those aren't really valid. Take all those out and it drops from a Very Positive to a Mostly Positive. But its still pretty well reviewed overall, but a far cry from Warband's Overwhelmingly Positive

*edit: actually, if you add in the 8000 negative reviews from March 30, then just under half of all reviews were from day 1
Sorry, read the chart wrong. its 104.8K positive reviews but 132K total, so still around 38% of all reviews were written on the first day

Last edited:
Well, a full 40% of all reviews are from Day 1, so all those aren't really valid. Take all those out and it drops from a Very Positive to a Mostly Positive. But its still pretty well reviewed overall

If I take out the first two days' reviews (so starting from 1 APR) it comes out to 88% (Very Positive) on my screen. But yeah, Bannerlord is fine review-wise; it isn't just people who were first day hyped to play.

Most people are not interested in games long term, they play for a few days and buy the next game coming out next week.

Yeah, most people never touch 100 hours for an SP game, even if they love it.

I reviewed the game positively and have over 500 hours in game so far. I didn't make my review until well after release. I am not alone.

As for the players, I think it all comes down to this: The high spike at release is normal for EA games. People buy it, try it out a bit, and then wait a while before trying it again. So, you have some 248,216 peak months ago because a lot of those people played less and less with time or took a break to wait for more updates. However, that doesn't mean the game is dead or that these people aren't coming back and playing more, just not all concurrently as much as at release. We may see small peaks if we get some major content updates, but the tell tale sign will be how high the peak is when they release from EA. I would expect another peak then but if the game is dead then that won't happen.

I have games that are dead that are still in EA and they look a lot different from this. I look at the hub for BL right now and I see over 12,000 in game and 6,102 in group chat. When I look at The Guild 3, which has been in EA for 2.5 years and is still not finished, changed hands from one dev studio to another. This game doesn't even show the number of players. When the game is super dead steam doesn't draw attention to the fact that no one is playing. 168 in group chat for that game. That is what a dead EA game looks like. Now, I have a bunch of other games, brand name games and what have you, none of which have the 12,000 plus in game right now. Very few games in my library come close to this or surpass this. The number is actually good for a single player RPG. Warband still has a dedicated player base and it is less than half as many people playing WB. None of the other RPGs in my library have so many players. Kingdom Come is less than 4,000. CK2 is around 5,000. They are older, but if I look at another RPG in development right now, Torchlight 3. That game is MP and has only 123 in chat. It's more dead than the guild 3 if you can believe it. The only ones that have a lot more players are the really high end MP games like Rocket League, with its 300,000 something players. As a super competitive MP game, BL is certainly not on the same level.

Edit - For additional stats: Torchlight 3 has a 24 hour peak of 351 and The Guild 3 is 210.

Last edited:
IWhen I look at The Guild 3, which has been in EA for 2.5 years and is still not finished, changed hands from one dev studio to another. This game doesn't even show the number of players.
The Guild 3 is one of the worst "big" EA games ever, I mean the original release. The devs now seem to try to get their best out of it, I´m even surprised that they still try to get this game working. There are big updates each 1-2 months. I mean "real" updates :wink: .

I really don´t know why they don´t just drop the game, they must have lost a lot of money with the game. It seems they really believe to get it working and that a lot of players will buy it when it´s finally released, I have no other explanation for it.

The dev blogs are also very good, you know exactly what they´re working on and what their thoughts are. It´s like having a road map :wink: .

Mount and Blade was first released in 2008. Following your line of reasoning one could argue that they have been working on Bannerlord for over 12 years. Sure it was a different engine, but it was basically the same game set in the same universe.

My point is that the whole discussion on how long the game has been in development and how fast they are making progress is moot.

The Guild 3 is one of the worst "big" EA games ever, I mean the original release. The devs now seem to try to get their best out of it, I´m even surprised that they still try to get this game working. There are big updates each 1-2 months. I mean "real" updates :wink: .

I really don´t know why they don´t just drop the game, they must have lost a lot of money with the game. It seems they really believe to get it working and that a lot of players will buy it when it´s finally released, I have no other explanation for it.

The dev blogs are also very good, you know exactly what they´re working on and what their thoughts are. It´s like having a road map :wink: .

All true. I've been hanging on for a long time, but I probably will try it again if it ever releases from EA. And I agree the dev blogs are better despite that no one is playing it lol. I never made the comparison before because the guild 3 is everything gone wrong with EA in the worst way. It is easy to do better than that. However, even more recently released EA games show a lot less activity than BL. I really think it is still very active, as is its forum community here.

Back in the days really good games from large companies took aprox 5 years

Please do share this information because i want facts before listening in to petty rumors and if so is the case lets pray for Soon to smite this smitty beast. *Its also because im interested in why its taking so long right now, but i also dont like **** talk and rumor spreaders in the locker room*
Which part did you want me to prove?
That Callum has been on holiday?
That he has a number two now to answer on these forums?
Or the simple fact that there is a lack of communication?

Which part did you want me to prove?
That Callum has been on holiday?
That he has a number two now to answer on these forums?
Or the simple fact that there is a lack of communication?
"but we have also been told that there is now someone there taking over the responsibility (cannot remember the name we were told). However that person seems to have gone completely AWOL which is not good enough" this statement that you wrote

"but we have also been told that there is now someone there taking over the responsibility (cannot remember the name we were told). However that person seems to have gone completely AWOL which is not good enough" this statement that you wrote
It's Dejan.

It's Dejan.
ah... well then just because things seems to have slowed down right now doesn't mean they arent working. Personally i think its an mix of vaccations, pandemic but also mostly that they are concentrating on the product atm instead of complying all the time of which im hoping they learned from

Back
Top Bottom