Resolved Bannerlord 2 crashes during second loading screen after sword blacksmith animation

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

sfctrev

Recruit
Hi so I have tried to run Mount and blade 2 and as soon as I try to run the game I can only get to the second loading screen right after the sword animation loading screen before it crashes and asks me to make a crash dump. I have tried reinstalling, turning off steam overlay, turning off firewall, and deleting the CNS folder and running in windowed version and still can not work I have no mods on my version and the weird part is my brother has the same exact computer same specs and everything and will run fine but will not run on mine.

Hi! Did you remove the mods by following the instructions in this article? If you did, could you please follow the steps here to solve your possible crash and launching problems? Please let me know if the problem persists. Thanks in advance.

Hi so I tried all the steps I have no mods on my computer since I bought the game when It came out I also tried a clean install and to delete the programs data folder and the document folder and still nothing I have also turned off my firewall and still crashes at the same scene. Also my windows NVidia graphics card and game are all up to date.

Having this same problem, crashes right after the blacksmith cut scene. Hoping to see this answered. I also have never put any mods on the game and haven't been able to play for some time now. Tried reinstalling and also drivers are up to date

Sorry to hear that. Could you both send a crash dump through the crash uploader and post the crash report ID here? Also, please upload the save file which saved right before the crash to upload.taleworlds.com so that we can reproduce the issue faster. You can find the save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves
Please include the link to this thread in the description box on the upload website so I can identify it.
Thanks in advance!

Sorry to hear that. Could you both send a crash dump through the crash uploader and post the crash report ID here? Also, please upload the save file which saved right before the crash to upload.taleworlds.com so that we can reproduce the issue faster. You can find the save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves
Please include the link to this thread in the description box on the upload website so I can identify it.
Thanks in advance!
A little reminder for the crash report ID: A pop-up should appear to send us the necessary files. Clicking yes on that, the crash uploader will show up, and after clicking "Send Dump", an ID is generated that automatically copied to your clipboard, which looks like 2021-01-18_01.42.57_4fad524b502dc5d39f47374f5b22806b . You can reach your clipboard with Win+V.

2021-01-25_15.46.29_6b25baaf3d80a277d296d91645801871 here is the crash dump code also I have been able to play on my brothers computer and it is the same computer down to the specs of it is the exact same computer including the firewall software.

Forwarded to QA team for further investigation. I'll update this thread when I hear back from them. Thanks for reporting!

Just an update the game still does not load past that screen with the new update

You can use the following identifier if you prefer to seek help in person: 2021-02-04_22.33.36_2b35ef93b8c14b7f1e15cf1b65f601f6 (Copied to clipboard)

I've had this same issue for months as well, just uploaded my own crash report, code is 2021-02-10_05.01.24_ed7891d506555d53dbabb78d3b538de2

Hi! We are aware of this problem and are still working on it. Thanks for reporting and sorry for inconvenience!

If you are experiencing a crash after the intro video please try this workaround
Navigate to this folder:
"SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\GUI\GauntletUI"
And delete “spriteData.xm”l file and try again. It is not necessary to verify the game files after this. The game will create the file again when it launched again.

I don't see that file in that folder, would it be in the spriteparts or spritesheets folders that are in that folder?
If you don't have the files please make sure you verify the game files. IF you still crashing after that please upload your crash dump files and send us the Crash ID so that we can take a look at it. More info about it can be found here:

Back
Top Bottom