Axes

Users who are viewing this thread

LDominating

Regular
Axes feel clumsy to use for a few reasons, 2H,1H and especially Throwing.

Issues of Axes getting "stuck" in your enemies without them beign staggered which is promptly follwed by them ***** slashing you,happens very often.
I'm very sure I'm not hitting them with the handler,because it says cut DMG,but my DMG is greatly reduced even with high speeds.
These two happen to both 1H and 2H.

Throwing axes are underwhelming..
They deal cut dmg even when throw.
Have less ammonition than Javlins.
And I'm sure they have no dmg bonuses when thrown to shields.
They're also much more expensive than a lot of javelins.

The only advantage they have is the much smaller recoil and better accuracy.
Really accurate when moving.

I agree, kinda baffling that throwing axes and knives have far less quantity, and while axes should feel clumsy and unwieldy, its an axe, they're unbalanced. They dont leave enough of an impact when you hit someone and get that stuck/didn't penetrate animation. There needs to be a distinction between bouncing off their armor, where they deserve to get a free hit on you, and getting it stuck in them, where both of you should be staggered until you get it out.

I usually keep a 2h axe on me because it is quicker for cleaning up fleeing enemies when you can take them two at a time, and once you get the hang of them, the larger ones like the executioner's axe seem to be more accurate and quicker/more effective than a glaive. But they do take a bit of getting used to, and there are down sides to going with only a 2h axe.

I just wish I could poke at someone with an axe that is shaped to a foot long point at the tip. But then I guess there would be no artificial class distinction with swinging polearms. IT's a touch more dangerous to charge straight at an enemy when you can only hit them when side on.

So to get the better cutting power and multiple hits of an axe, you have to sacrifice the jabbing ability of the glaive - either that or drop a quiver for a spear.

Throwing Axes w/out shield breaking seem completely pointless, and usually get infantry killed faster if you don't hold fire with them.

A throwing axe in an infantry troop's equipment is nerfing them rather than helping, effectively. I avoid using anything that uses them, because I will often forget to micromanage them and end up taking way more losses when they make contact with other infantry due to their fumbling to switch between throwing weapon and regular weapon - or worse using their throwing weapon in its useless melee mode...

I agree axes currently kind of suck in general, they don't get enough extra damage or armor penetration and shields are too high HP for their shield break to help much. Right now they're just inferior to swords - and some swords get bonus vs. shield currently(I use Battanian Backsword) so...

Back
Top Bottom