Arrows adjustment ideas

Users who are viewing this thread

soul_jak

Sergeant at Arms
Small things as I don’t really think nerfing dmg for archers a good balance

1. reduce arrow speed I feel like they shoot faster then irl counterparts
2. Increase arrow drop and adjust for bows (short fast bows are better for close or cav, longbows great for distance

Idk tho just some thoughts

Stuff is already being adjusted next patch, it ****ed enough with my muscle memory enough already.

Projectiles were made faster in one of the patches if I recall correctly. Every class has to relearn muscle memory after changes to combat.
Yes but some classes rely more on muscle memory than others. Archery is a ****ton of prediction.

Personally I'd think that melee fighting requires more muscle memory than archery, which like you said is more prediction and obviously aim. That could've been your point. I reckon archery would be in a better position in the overall balance if the projectiles were a bit slower requiring more leading and adjusting for drop because it's a bit point and click at the moment.

Personally I'd think that melee fighting requires more muscle memory than archery, which like you said is more prediction and obviously aim. That could've been your point. I reckon archery would be in a better position in the overall balance if the projectiles were a bit slower requiring more leading and adjusting for drop because it's a bit point and click at the moment.
Melee obviously has more muscle memory, but changing a little stat like missile speed ruines everything an archer has learned. They need to relearn shooting for every situation for every distance. Thats like inversing block directions...it ****s you up completely...

Yeah nerf archers more so the only meta we see is 6 twohanders vs 6 twohanders, maybe an occasional shieldboy and repeat

oh wait

Melee obviously has more muscle memory, but changing a little stat like missile speed ruines everything an archer has learned. They need to relearn shooting for every situation for every distance. Thats like inversing block directions...it ****s you up completely...
I get what you're saying, but I feel that it's been too powerful since the beginning. Unfortunately no matter what changes are made to balance, someone's going to have to relearn those skills, and it's already happened a few times in the EA process so far. If it's going to happen it needs to happen before ranked gets introduced, where it's assumed the balance at that point will mostly stay.

Regardless, I highly doubt it'll happen at this point, but it would've made archery must more interesting with a higher skill-cap if it worked like OP suggested in my opinion.

Cavalry had to relearn timings after the patch that slowed down spears and lances, archers can also adjust to a different arrow drop/speed. I don't see this as a problem whatsoever, if there is any time to make changes, it is now while the game is still in EA. In fact, this should be encouraged.

And as for the topic of the thread, yes please, let archers have to learn arrow drop as they had to in Warband, it's not okay that someone can place his crosshair on the enemy's head cross-spawn and the arrow will go exactly there. I'm aware there is some arrow drop in the game, but it's never noticeable in a skirmish scenario. I'd speculate vertical aim correction being too strong is a big culprit.

These are some great ideas.

Yeah lets ruin every archers muscle memory...

It doesnt take that long to readjust. I'd rather see the skill ceiling raised abit more than see them nerf damage into the ground and make archers a bad pick. As it currently stands archery is a point and click adventure.

Yeah nerf archers more so the only meta we see is 6 twohanders vs 6 twohanders, maybe an occasional shieldboy and repeat

oh wait

For the people complaining about captain mode balance this wouldn't be a direct nerf to the ai archers so long as they adjust the ai itself. The idea is to add more thoughtfulness into the shots you make.

Afterall, I like archery but CS: Bannerlord might be abit much.

Archery muscle memory is way more susceptible to being useless than melee is my point yes, blocking will mostly stay the same while archery is different.

Arrows are already quite a bit slower than they were in warband. The slower you make arrows the more luck is needed for predictions thus making it more of an RNG fest.

More arrow drop also won't matter that much, currently xbows have less drop than bows in 1.5.5 and it doesn't really make a difference as you just account for it. After taking 100 shots you expect the drop and just make an adjustment for it. The only thing you will do is make it harder and more frustrating for new players as it won't make the archery harder for experienced players.

These are some great ideas.

It doesnt take that long to readjust. I'd rather see the skill ceiling raised abit more than see them nerf damage into the ground and make archers a bad pick. As it currently stands archery is a point and click adventure.

For the people complaining about captain mode balance this wouldn't be a direct nerf to the ai archers so long as they adjust the ai itself. The idea is to add more thoughtfulness into the shots you make.

Afterall, I like archery but CS: Bannerlord might be abit much.
Do you play in competitive skirm? If it is only point and shoot then I would expect there to be more decent archers than there currently are as the skill required is so low.

Cavalry had to relearn timings after the patch that slowed down spears and lances, archers can also adjust to a different arrow drop/speed. I don't see this as a problem whatsoever, if there is any time to make changes, it is now while the game is still in EA. In fact, this should be encouraged.

And as for the topic of the thread, yes please, let archers have to learn arrow drop as they had to in Warband, it's not okay that someone can place his crosshair on the enemy's head cross-spawn and the arrow will go exactly there. I'm aware there is some arrow drop in the game, but it's never noticeable in a skirmish scenario. I'd speculate vertical aim correction being too strong is a big culprit.

Not noticable in skirmish but those distances are tiny. Are captain players gonna have to suffer once again because skirmish players dont like something. I mean in reality a real bow could easly shoot those distances without any arrow drop at all. In captain the distances are so much more that there is always a huge arrow drop and very often it's so far away you cant even shoot that far.

We can't balance the game anymore because people have played it for 9 months and gotten used to it? What messed up logic is dis.
You are right, that should never be the only argument holding a change back. But are there reasons to do such an impactfull change?
I seet it as following:
A missile speed nerf is basically an accuracy nerf. Archers will hit less shots.
I also read before that nerfs to the accuracy are a nerf to the archers fun, which makes sense to me.
Now are archers that OP? Not really, maybe a bit overtuned. I think every archer will rather give away 5 armor points or miss on the glaive, even if it impacts the winrate the same.
I think the BL Archers a great success from a gameplay standpoint. Everyone can have fun with archers, even with little practise. In Warband I was utterly useless as archer but here I can hit quite some shots. But in DivA I still can't do **** as archer.

Arrows are already quite a bit slower than they were in warband.
Isnt that straight up wrong? Can someone confirm?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom