Armor & Weapon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Kraven

Sergeant Knight
Okay as it stands now the armors are a bit Meh, why? It doesnt resemble real life stat wise at all, how can we change it into be more realistic?
Make these armor types.
(Explanation on the damage types for those who dont know what i mean)
Slashing : 1 handed swords, light weight 2 handed swords (bastard swords and Katana type of swords).
Piercing : Rapiers, Spears, lances, etc.
Arrows/bolts : Obvious aye? I know both actually do piercing damage but they are calculated a bit different cause of range, power etc.
Blunt : Warhammers both 1 handed and 2 handers, shield bashing (if its ever implemented), horse charge damage.
Slashpierce : Axes mainly and poleaxes, etc, why slash piercing? The power of the swings often gives a "kind" of piercing but overall its slashing.

Plate. (strong against slashing, piercing, arrows, weak against SlashPierce, bolts, very weak blunt) Heavy.
Chain. (Strong against Slashing, Slashpierce, weak against blunt, bolts, arrows, piercing) Medium/heavy.
Hard Leather. (Strong against slashing, weak against arrows, bolts, piercing, blunt, slashpierce piercing) Medium/light.
Soft Leather. (Fairly strong against slashing, very weak against arrows, piercing, bolts, blunt, slashpierce) Light
Clothing. (No armor rating) No weight stat.

---

Yeah yeah i know what ya thinking its all good get to the point.
This is just examples of the average armor of each kind..

Plate armor
Type : Heavy full armor.
Weight : Heavy, slows you alot down.
Heavy bonus 80% chance to ignore slashing damage.
Heavy bonus 80% chance to ignore arrows.
Heavy bonus 80% chance to ignore piercing.
Heavy bonus 30% chance to ignore Slashpierce.
Heavy bonus 30% chance to ignore bolts.
Heavy decrease 20% extra damage taken from blunt weapons.

Chain mail (short).
Weight : Medium chain shirt.
Weight : Medium (slows you a bit down).
Medium bonus 60% chance to ignore slashing damage.
Medium bonus 20% chance to ignore arrows.
Medium bonus 20% chance to ignore piercing.
Medium bonus 60% chance to ignore Slashpierce.
Medium bonus 20% chance to ignore bolts.
Medium bonus 20% chance to ignore blunt.

Etc.. ya get my point righty? Well i hope so.
So if the armor fail a chance roll what happens? Well you take full damage aka... a 50 damage hit is a 50 damage hit and not made any less dangerous just cause ya wear armor, since ya armor didnt keep the attack from penetrating your armor.

Not sure this would bring more realism, but from my point of view it would and it would give knights the "Uber de leet knight" feel, but smack them with a hammer and their helmet is bashed into their face and they instantly die from metal bashed into their head, on the other hand it would give lower armored troops a bit more versatility chance to ignore damage from all kind of weapons.

Weapons would need a minor rework to, since 2 handers should have a bigger chance to penetrate armor where as 1 handers doesnt have the same strength behind the attacks, but as i mentioned up there that would be balanced out if shield bash was implemented.

Back
Top Bottom