Are there plans to add Autoblock to SP?

Users who are viewing this thread

sp0ckz0mbi3

Recruit
Are there plans to add Autoblock to SP? I've found blocking to be incredibly finicky, the time between the wind up animation and the attack make it very difficult to react in time. Combat without a shield just feels incredibly frustrating. This is a real deal breaker for me since it fundamentally changes the way I can interact with the game.

I'm going to have to disagree about the "finicky" blocking, it seems to work just fine for me. And while I hate to be the guy to say something along the lines of "git gud," improving your character's skills along with your own personal skills goes a long way to being able to effectively wield a two handed weapon, and it's also very rewarding when you do get to that point. This is also coming from someone who played with auto block in Warband, not once in my hundreds of hours of gameplay did I turn it off.

But seriously, practice a bit, put focus into two handed weapons, etc. Battanian tournaments seem to have 1v1 rounds with two handed weapons quite frequently, and it's a great place to get the hang of things.

I tried slamming my head against the wall in area practice fights only to over run the playtime on Steam's refund policy. So I hope Taleworlds is offering refunds.

I tried slamming my head against the wall in area practice fights only to over run the playtime on Steam's refund policy. So I hope Taleworlds is offering refunds.
I got a refund after 2:58:00 once I realized that they had stripped this feature. I would encourage you to still try if you are so inclined. You may have to persist past an initial denial and manage to speak to a real person.

You really just need to practice. I know that sounds stupid, but I spent a solid 2 hours just in the practice field, and I can do reasonably well against the AI on 'Good' now.

You really just need to practice. I know that sounds stupid, but I spent a solid 2 hours just in the practice field, and I can do reasonably well against the AI on 'Good' now.
That is an unreasonable amount of time to get a grasp of the combat system. Warbands combat only takes a few minutes to get a grasp of. I ran down my steam refund time trying to practice. I want my $40 back.

If you think 2 hours to practice combat is a long time, I dunno how to help you man. You're likely to invest thousands of hours into a game like this if you keep it. 2 hours to learn how to block and chain combinations w/ stuns isn't that much.

If you think 2 hours to practice combat is a long time, I dunno how to help you man. You're likely to invest thousands of hours into a game like this if you keep it. 2 hours to learn how to block and chain combinations w/ stuns isn't that much.
I've got 250 hours in Warband and it only took 5 mins to get a basic grasp of the combat. Its ridiculous to expect the player to stay in the tutorial ring for 2 hours to get a basic grasp of combat. I don't know if the combat animations or what but the game just isn't communicating with me with how I should fight. If you change a core feature of the game you gotta make reeducating the player fun.

It just doesnt work for those of us who dont have the reflexes for it and locks away a sizeable portion of the combat.

Back
Top Bottom