Are there any mods that remove female lords?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh you mean like the people rallying against having female lords in the first place? Or Gay marriage? Or female troops? Or any number of things
?? makes one wonder

I have no clue what those people are doing, but this guy is asking for a mod he can play on his own. He isn't asking to change the vanilla game which is a different issue. If you want to use a gay marriage mod, go ahead, who will stop you? Want all female soldiers mod? Okay, don't care. If anyone is complaining about you using a gay marriage mod, who cares? I wouldn't post in that thread saying "HOW DARE YOU!?" That won't affect my experience at all. Those are completely different arguments. The fact that you care about what this guy wants to do in his own game that doesn't affect you in any way shows that perhaps you should see a psychiatrist.

All you are accomplishing is showing that you just want to be the mind police and try to tell this guy how he should think. He didn't insult anyone, didn't act like a jerk, just asked if there was a mod to play the game the way he wants to. Stop trying to control him.

Second this game does not resemble any age we know of. Romans? British/French Knights? Sultans? Celts? Mongols/Huns? Vikings? All in the same time period where?
Try Kingdom Come for your "all I want is a game that represents the dark ages without adding in anything PC"

With that sentence you could also justify dragons and Magic Wizards in Bannerlord. Everything "unrealistic" in Bannerlord is just there for better playability, but more female lords doesen't add anything, so there is just no need to break realism to implement a completely senseless feature.

With that sentence you could also justify dragons and Magic Wizards in Bannerlord. Everything "unrealistic" in Bannerlord is just there for better playability, but more female lords doesen't add anything, so there is just no need to break realism to implement a completely senseless feature.

Don't do it man, I can guarantee you are going to be bombarded with people demanding you think like them and telling you how you are a pathetic loner with no hope with women.

Yawn.
Female lords are a senseless and unrealistic feature now?
Yawnnn. Time to take out people not having shields and people getting to use 2handers since its Senseless and irl no one would take a 2 handed and no shield in any medival battles
If their was Magic in BL their would be lore behind it. Like it is for female lords.
See Lady Isola of Suno, See many Swadian Queens refered to by the Swadian Butterking. See Mathield
Warband is a more feudal society so therefore it makes since their to not have many Females in war. In 210 years Caldaria has gone back in that sense of Female Lords and Warriors
I don't get why it bugs you so much to have females in a Fantasy game. Mount and Blade has some Realism and has never been a Medival Sim. If it was you'd have a 99% chance to spawn as a dirty Peasent in rags(Die before ypu reach Childhood)working till you die in war, by bandits, plague or at the ripe age of 50.

Last edited:
Oh you mean like the people rallying against having female lords in the first place? Or Gay marriage? Or female troops? Or any number of things
Just look nexus comments. No one care,all comments about bugs or features.And some stupid comments from lefties of course.

Right now it is like:
- Want to make all lords female.
- okay, fine.

- want to make all lords male
-WHAAAAAAT!!!? YOU ARE SEXIST WOMEN HATER VIRGIN

I still cant understand why anybody care about how some random dude plays the game

Last edited:
Yawn.
Female lords are a senseless and unrealistic feature now?
Yawnnn. Time to take out people not having shields and people getting to use 2handers since its Senseless and irl no one would take a 2 handed and no shield in any medival battles
If their was Magic in BL their would be lore behind it. Like it is for female lords.
See Lady Isola of Suno, See many Swadian Queens refered to by the Swadian Butterking. See Mathield
I don't get why it bugs you so much to have females in a Fantasy game. Mount and Blade has some Realism and has never been a Medival Sim. If it was you'd have a 99% chance to spawn as a dirty Peasent in rags(Die before ypu reach Childhood)working till you die in war, by bandits, plague or at the ripe age of 50.

The game already has female lords, if the guy wants to remove them with a mod, it's not your concern. If the guy wanted a mod with all green people, blue people, white people, black people, maybe all midgets, so what? But I think you probably are only offended by the "All men" or "All white" in these examples. Damn, I want a mod with people wearing only spandex and I want it now, please?

The game already has female lords, if the guy wants to remove them with a mod, it's not your concern. If the guy wanted a mod with all green people, blue people, white people, black people, maybe all midgets, so what? But I think you probably are only offended by the "All men" or "All white" in these examples. Damn, I want a mod with people wearing only spandex and I want it now, please?
Who brought up white people? You did interesting?? oh and you must know me so well to say I'd be offended by white people? Wow. Let me Guess American? Oh British?
How do you have a Persian Kingdom esthetic without Persians...?
Why remove something from a game that has been worked on for years with love by a company because you're easily offended by the presence of Female NPCs with Titles?? I personally dont get it. TW might as well as give us a blank white screen with no textures and just numbers, sure would make things go faster for them if people are just gonna butcher it anyways. Sounds like some problems in that person's mind.

I tried asking this on reddit, but reddit being a far left hive mind my post was removed.

Basically, all I want is a game that represents the dark ages without adding in anything PC, but I guess we just cant do that anymore, so i guess the only thing that can suffice is some sort of mod.

Ive heard from other users that the lore supports female lords, but I dont care, I didnt play this game for its lore, Im playing it because it most resembles our medieval history, except for female lords.

So, any mods avaliable?

Not interested in the mod discussion itself, but regardless of "left" or "right," female lords actually were a thing in Medieval history, and while it is true a House would try to avoid it if possible, if there was no other choice, so long as the claim of inheritance remained legit, there was nothing really stopping a female to become the head of a House, or even Kingdoms.

Yes, it was uncommon -- which is why in the game, it is also uncommon... outside of Rhagea of the SE, only one or two I remember being female lords.

So your "excuse" of "our medieval history" is actually not so much of history, but more of your preferred fantasy. I mean, if it's not cup of your tea, fine by me. I'm just offering a FYI for your incorrect notions. Thx.

Who brought up white people? You did interesting?? oh and you must know me so well to say I'd be offended by white people? Wow. Let me Guess American? Oh British?
How do you have a Persian Kingdom esthetic without Persians...?
Why remove something from a game that has been worked on for years with love by a company because you're easily offended by the presence of Female NPCs with Titles?? I personally dont get it. TW might as well as give us a blank white screen with no textures and just numbers, sure would make things go faster for them if people are just gonna butcher it anyways. Sounds like some problems in that person's mind.

Why add gay marriage when that wasn't what the developers intended when they worked on it for years with love, blah blah. Why add all female soldiers, etc. It isn't your business what he wants in his game. It is as simple as that. If it was being forced on you, then you would have an argument, but it isn't. However, what you are trying to do is force your ideas on him. So many mods for hundreds of games remove things, add things, are you in all those forums trashing those people for how they want to change the game? What about cheat mods? Have a problem with those too? Or is it just the "woman" thing that gets a rise out of you?

Alright I don't know what the hell this thread devolved into or how people can suddenly become armchair psychiatrists so quickly but whatever the hell players choose to do with their SINGLE PLAYER game is no reason to insinuate they have mental problems. Jesus the internet is such a friggin **** show.

Anyway, OP, there are some lord editing mods on nexus I'm not sure what they're called but I believe that would do it if you did it all yourself. Might be better to just search for them at nexus or mod db next time. The internet is a weird place.

As with all things it's a matter of degree. Female rulers, nobles and soldiers were rare or practically nonexistent depending on the time and culture you look at. While I don't really have a problem with it, i can't blame someone for wanting a slightly more realistic experience.

Soldiers, yes. Practically non-existent.

Rulers and head of noble houses? Nope. Certainly not the norm, but not so rare as to be unthinkable or unpractical for depiction, and very far from 'non-existent.'

Why add gay marriage when that wasn't what the developers intended when they worked on it for years with love, blah blah. Why add all female soldiers, etc. It isn't your business what he wants in his game. It is as simple as that. If it was being forced on you, then you would have an argument, but it isn't. However, what you are trying to do is force your ideas on him. So many mods for hundreds of games remove things, add things, are you in all those forums trashing those people for how they want to change the game? What about cheat mods? Have a problem with those too? Or is it just the "woman" thing that gets a rise out of you?
cheat mod is already in base game.
Why would I replace all male troops? I'm not offended like OP by something as simple as that.
Uh Does Gay marriage take out whole parts of a game???
And when you use a fallacy such as irl their where never Female Heads of houses or Rulers.
So the 3 Heads of houses that are female in BL hurt people that much?

Not interested in the mod discussion itself, but regardless of "left" or "right," female lords actually were a thing in Medieval history, and while it is true a House would try to avoid it if possible, if there was no other choice, so long as the claim of inheritance remained legit, there was nothing really stopping a female to become the head of a House, or even Kingdoms.

Yes, it was uncommon -- which is why in the game, it is also uncommon... outside of Rhagea of the SE, only one or two I remember being female lords.

So your "excuse" of "our medieval history" is actually not so much of history, but more of your preferred fantasy. I mean, if it's not cup of your tea, fine by me. I'm just offering a FYI for your incorrect notions. Thx.

There was also the whole thing with a prince being too young when his father died and then essentially the queen ruled until the boy came of age, usually with the support from a noble or nobles.

For anyone interested The Wars of The Roses has this and was a fairly interesting period during the 100 year war.

cheat mod is already in base game.
Why would I replace all male troops? I'm not offended like OP by something as simple as that.
Uh Does Gay marriage take out whole parts of a game???

Buddy, you just don't seem to get the point. I guess no matter how much effort I put into trying to explain I just won't be able to get through.

Soldiers, yes. Practically non-existent.

Rulers and head of noble houses? Nope. Certainly not the norm, but not so rare as to be unthinkable or unpractical for depiction, and very far from 'non-existent.'

My issue isn't with the amount of female heads of families in the game currently. My issue is with all the damn female gang leaders! I honestly think you could find way more female soldiers throughout history than you could find female gang leaders. I think you could probably find more leprechauns than female gang leaders UGH

These games are hardly realistic and have never really sought to simulate medieval times nor late antiquity. You can't use the "realism" argument to exclude a whole gender in a fictional setting that thankfully does not have follow the unfortunate reality of sexism...

I don't think OP is sexist nor are most of the people defending them, but you have to understand that it is kind of disappointing to see posts like this that ask for such mods/features. Why not include greater female representation? There are many female gamers and male gamers who like to experience more diverse settings highlighting different experiences with which they can better connect. Including a more diverse cast can only be a net benefit to the community as it draws more players!

My problem is that most of this backlash appears when games/developers move away from the all white all male model of world building (slight exaggeration; almost wholly white/male). Why is it so bothersome to include women (or people of colour in other cases)? That is the concerning part, that simply the presence of female characters generates activity like this.

For the record, history is full of examples of female warriors and/or queens, not in the same abundance as men but certainly a notable amount. Read about, Boudicca, Zenobia, Cleopatra, Nerfititi, and many more.

There was also the whole thing with a prince being too young when his father died and then essentially the queen ruled until the boy came of age, usually with the support from a noble or nobles.

For anyone interested The Wars of The Roses has this and was a fairly interesting period during the 100 year war.

Of course. But that's normally viewed as some form of regentship -- which people can make a legit argument that it's not really 'femals being lords." However, the interesting bit is that even without counting in female regents, females did ascend to lordship and queenship actually without much problems, because although the traditions differed between regions, female inheritance wasn't something that was fundamentally made impossible or anything. In most cases the law of inheritance did prioritize male heirs over females, but when there were no males? The female heiress naturally ascended.

And surely, through about 1,000 years of Medieval ages (in the wide sense), PLENTY of noble houses met such situations -- and no, bringing in outside son-in-law to marry the female heiress, does not mean that son-in-law inherited the House.

As a matter of fact, the whole weakening of the French crown and the subsequent dynastic crisis of France that led to the 100 years war, began when Philippe of Poitier made a stunt to try and bar females from inheriting the crown. After the death of Louis X, there wasn't a precedence of a Queen in France, but people didn't particularly see a problem with a Queen on the throne. Philippe challenged that notion, and consequentially dragged in the long-dead Salic laws to force his position to disqualify a female from the French throne.

Then came the irony, that when Philippe himself died, his House met the exact same situation where Philippe had no male heirs, and only females. His enemies used the exact same argument to disqualify the female heirs from the throne... and this meant there was a huge confusion in succession as to whom the crown should go...

...and lo and behold, the English royal family, that had ties with the French through isabelle of France, now got entangled in the mess.

So, trying to stop female inheritance, was actually abnormal, because Philippe's citation of the Salic laws caused a huge controversy back then, because many argued it was a long-dead law not in use, and therefore invalid.

These games are hardly realistic and have never really sought to simulate medieval times nor late antiquity. You can't use the "realism" argument to exclude a whole gender in a fictional setting that thankfully does not have follow the unfortunate reality of sexism...

I don't think OP is sexist nor are most of the people defending them, but you have to understand that it is kind of disappointing to see posts like this that ask for such mods/features. Why not include greater female representation? There are many female gamers and male gamers who like to experience more diverse settings highlighting different experiences with which they can better connect. Including a more diverse cast can only be a net benefit to the community as it draws more players!

My problem is that most of this backlash appears when games/developers move away from the all white all male model of world building (slight exaggeration; almost wholly white/male). Why is it so bothersome to include women (or people of colour in other cases)? That is the concerning part, that simply the presence of female characters generates activity like this.

For the record, history is full of examples of female warriors and/or queens, not in the same abundance as men but certainly a notable amount. Read about, Boudicca, Zenobia, Cleopatra, Nerfititi, and many more.

Actually it's pretty much dead giveaway the op is wholly sexist ,so you don't really have to shy-away from that. But even still, in my case I would still somewhat respect his preferences, so long as he doesn't force his own preference on the game. So if he wants a mod to remove all females, sure. He can go have fun with it.

Let's keep things dry and real here -- he wants to play the fantasy he wants, who is to stop him? It's his right.

All there is, is simply correcting his comments and false excuses. That's the only thing I'm interested in. His view of history is just plain wrong, so it can't be used as one of his excuses. That's the only thing I care about in this disucssion.

I still cant understand why anybody care about how some random dude plays the game

OP can play the game however they want, and I have no issue with it. Seriously, go play all dudes! I don't mind! You don't have to justify it! But OP did try and justify why, in a way that's just flat out wrong and yeah, sexist when they claim to care so much about historical accuracy but can't be bothered to google 'female medieval warrior' before declaring their existence fantastical nonsense.

Actually it's pretty much dead giveaway the op is wholly sexist ,so you don't really have to shy-away from that. But even still, in my case I would still somewhat respect his preferences, so long as he doesn't force his own preference on the game. So if he wants a mod to remove all females, sure. He can go have fun with it.

Let's keep things dry and real here -- he wants to play the fantasy he wants, who is to stop him? It's his right.

All there is, is simply correcting his comments and false excuses. That's the only thing I'm interested in. His view of history is just plain wrong, so it can't be used as one of his excuses. That's the only thing I care about in this disucssion.

His view of history is just plain wrong: you care to elaborate on this? I'd love to know what history you have been studying. What culture on earth has a tradition of female warriors? North America Indians? European? Islam?

claim to care so much about historical accuracy but can't be bothered to google 'female medieval warrior' before declaring their existence fantastical nonsense.
And i want horned "skyrim" helmets and double edge axes for vikings, becouse i want to see vikings like this, who cares?
His view of history is just plain wrong: you care to elaborate on this? I'd love to know what history you have been studying. What culture on earth has a tradition of female warriors? North America Indians? European? Islam?
And if he even can name few female army leaders. It will be like what? Once in 200 years?

I can name:
Boadicea 61 A.D.
Jeanne d'Arc 1431 AD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom