Are caravans worth it? [EDIT: THEY ARE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Now that the workshops have been driven into the ground with the new patch that just came out I'm desperately looking for alternative options to be able to afford my 1000 dennar party. Has someone tried caravans? are they a good source of income?

As always ty guys, this community is awesome.

EDIT 02/04/2020:

I have been experimenting with different ways to increase income and here are my conclusions, along with a picture of all my current economic information:

caravans.png

So here are the bullet points:
  • Caravans can reach 2k income, that's the highest I have seen them.
  • Workshops seem to be all over the place, after e1.0.2 update my wood workshop went back to 30k for a bit then jumped down again.
  • I found olive press to be completely useless at Charas, maybe they aren't somewhere else.
  • Pottery shop is doing better for me than wood workshop atm.
  • I made sure that all the workshops had plenty of their raw materials at their disposal in their various cities.
As you can see caravans are where it's at right now.

Last edited:
Now that the workshops have been driven into the ground with the new patch that just came out I'm desperately looking for alternative options to be able to afford my 1000 dennar party. Has someone tried caravans? are they a good source of income?

As always ty guys, this community is awesome.

300-600 gold daily

Yeah, they are totally worth it. I have an army of 200 men and have 4 caravans. Each of them brings 800-1500 dinars on average, so I'm pretty rich right now by doing nothing except the 60.000 dinars investment at the beginning, but it is worth it.

Yeah, they are totally worth it. I have an army of 200 men and have 4 caravans. Each of them brings 800-1500 dinars on average, so I'm pretty rich right now by doing nothing except the 60.000 dinars investment at the beginning, but it is worth it.
800 to 1500 per day? Sounds like its next on the nerfing block!

really? Right now I can’t seem to make any money on the caravan I sent out, in fact I am losing money over wages. Any ideas?

So I have had a caravan for...probably a few months at this point and I'm still losing money on it. It's about even most of the time, but overall I'm still probably losing on average around 10 deners a day. Aside from leveling trade is there anything I can do to make my caravan profitable? Or should I just disband it and accept the 25k dener loss that I have suffered.
In the future what can I do to maximize caravan profits? I just created a caravan in a random city but I imagine that that may be part of my problem.

So I have had a caravan for...probably a few months at this point and I'm still losing money on it. It's about even most of the time, but overall I'm still probably losing on average around 10 deners a day. Aside from leveling trade is there anything I can do to make my caravan profitable? Or should I just disband it and accept the 25k dener loss that I have suffered.
In the future what can I do to maximize caravan profits? I just created a caravan in a random city but I imagine that that may be part of my problem.
If you have a expensive party, around 1k dennars, I wouldn't stop building caravans until I had at least 3, currently I'm capped at caravans because I managed to catch and beat up a noble that had an army of around 140 that carried 120k dennars on him. I don't know how often this can happen, but if every big noble carries a treasure with them they are the most reliable source of income right now.

Back
Top Bottom