after the weirdest siege ever, a conclusion

Users who are viewing this thread

SilverBrone said:
Theo H said:
habeo123 said:
Read lore before anything please. Redwood Nation is in fact the most hostile and warmongering faction in Perisno.

Damn straight, the queen didn't argue when I said to hell with macc lets declare war!!!

Oyus, she did the same for me after I told her 2 reasons. ALL OUT WAR ON THEM! And my village gets raided on the 5th day of the war.

Well the redwoods took there strongest defended town in half a week...so I say it was a good choice.

Redwood are supposed to be the bad guys? Guess I don't have to feel bad when I crush them beneath my heel :smile:

Something unusual said:
ttgg said:
Redwood are supposed to be the bad guys? Guess I don't have to feel bad when I crush them beneath my heel :smile:
No, they are not supposed to be either...

habeo123 said:
Redwood Nation is in fact the most hostile and warmongering faction in Perisno.

Guess it depends on your interpretation of hostile and warmongering :smile: Maybe they are like the native americans, just defending what they think is theirs?

oddly enough I've found out that Drahara are actually more OP than Elvarie, have seen the Desert Assassin stats and gear? And the mounted version is even worse! haha At least they don't conquer half the map in 3 days

ttgg said:
Something unusual said:
ttgg said:
No, they are not supposed to be either...

habeo123 said:
Redwood Nation is in fact the most hostile and warmongering faction in Perisno.

Guess it depends on your interpretation of hostile and warmongering :smile: Maybe they are like the native americans, just defending what they think is theirs?
For the most part thats right, if i remember right from the lore the Elvarie were the original inhabitants of Perisno. They are very hostile, but isnt every faction hungry for power and conquest?

_Cooper_ said:

Well let's see

[quote author=Michadr]
The first settlers of Perisno were the Redwood Elves (In the year 321). They settled in the woodlands of Perisno and quickly beat the other inhabitants into submission through military might and power. There is very little known about the Redwood Elves and where they got their name. Natives and outsiders soon learned that the Elves were a force to be reckoned with. If you faced them in battle, you had to fight or die, because the Redwoods caught all deserters and executed them brutally.
[/quote]

Also
[quote author=Michadr]
Redwoods Elves (year 321)
Perisno (year unknown) (Player kingdom, not established yet)
Hakkon Empire (year 330)
Tolrania (year 342)
Maccavia (year 346)
Drahara (year 359)
Reich des Drachen (year 363)
[/quote]

So basically they arrived as invaders themselves, with the other factions arriving only a few years later, and beat the native population into submission. They are very brutal, and execute their own if they don't want to fight.

Either lore needs to be adjusted or they are indeed the bad guy, as I see it  :twisted:

ttgg said:
So basically they arrived as invaders themselves, with the other factions arriving only a few years later, and beat the native population into submission. They are very brutal, and execute their own if they don't want to fight.

Either lore needs to be adjusted or they are indeed the bad guy, as as I see it  :twisted:

DIS!!! this should be added into freelancer script, if u desert any redwood lord's army, or rebel against the lord, u get -200 relations, that would be perfect!

To put it simply, there are good and bad elves just as there are good and bad humans. A real "evil" faction would be the House of Onyx or Demon Worshippers. The Redwood were discriminated and disliked by the humans ever since they came to Perisno so they have decided to fight them and become hostile to anyone who isnt Elvarie.

Something unusual said:
To put it simply, there are good and bad elves just as there are good and bad humans. A real "evil" faction would be the House of Onyx or Demon Worshippers. The Redwood were discriminated and disliked by the humans ever since they came to Perisno so they have decided to fight them and become hostile to anyone who isnt Elvarie.

Under WW2, there were good Germans and bad Germans, but Nazis made even the good ones do bad things :smile: If their leaders are evil, I have no choice but to teach them a lesson.

Sorry ttgg, i liked you up until that point. All hail the Elvarie!!! Though personally i may prefer bluewood if they are expanded upon

habeo123 said:
I would take a look at their melee proficiency but not archery. But Redwood is designed to be a hard to beat foe and in 0.7 I am aiming to make the player hostile by default to Redwood.

I HAVE RECEIVED THE LIGHT BROTHER!

If they are hostile to player for being human by default, then they should be at war with all factions from beginning too, only way to make that reasonable! haha

I have to say all this seems strange to me.  :roll:
In my current game, Redwood is down to 2 Towns and 3 Castles, being worn down by Tolrania, I currently have 4 Towns and 5 castles, taking over the centre of the map, currently fighting 3 factions including the Zann. I do not think I am super duper, and I have not met the Redwood in conflict yet, but to me, the game seems very well balanced.
It is day 334, and I did not go the vassal route, never even did any mercenary work, I like the hard slog, and while I slowly built up, nobody got battered by anyone else, so I wonder is it the way the game initialises?
I never completed the previous game as the new release came out before I finished, but then there were no massive gains by anyone, so I am happy  :grin:
Leave Redwood alone, I want a challenge later in the game  :twisted:  (assuming they are still around)

Yozzer said:
I have to say all this seems strange to me.  :roll:
In my current game, Redwood is down to 2 Towns and 3 Castles, being worn down by Tolrania, I currently have 4 Towns and 5 castles, taking over the centre of the map, currently fighting 3 factions including the Zann. I do not think I am super duper, and I have not met the Redwood in conflict yet, but to me, the game seems very well balanced.
It is day 334, and I did not go the vassal route, never even did any mercenary work, I like the hard slog, and while I slowly built up, nobody got battered by anyone else, so I wonder is it the way the game initialises?
I never completed the previous game as the new release came out before I finished, but then there were no massive gains by anyone, so I am happy  :grin:
Leave Redwood alone, I want a challenge later in the game  :twisted:  (assuming they are still around)

sometimes the Random God favors people, but in 5 different saves, redwood steamrolled tolrania and hakkon under 100 days. 5 times means it isn't balanced.

There are plenty of options to deal with that: making them more defensive(which is tricky and might involve some coding), push them afar from the rest of the map(forcing the AI not to attack due to distance), reduce the number of lords they have(that makes their campaigns shorter), debuff all it's units(idk if would be such a good idea, but it would be almost harmless), make their government style have less elite troops(also reasonable)...

Challenge here is to give a leash so the player can grow within the game and only see the bigass conquering after day 100(which is by default the D-day in the game, it's when u are powerful enough to take a role in the setting and it's when u are already used to the game)

In my current game strongest faction is... Drahara. They conquered half of Tolrania and Hakkons, took 1 city and 1 castle from Redwoods and now fighting in 4 fronts for 50 days without any problem... Maybe it's because of 75% lords from anihilated Reich defected to them...

ttgg said:
Something unusual said:

Under WW2, there were good Germans and bad Germans, but Nazis made even the good ones do bad things :smile: If their leaders are evil, I have no choice but to teach them a lesson.

Have you ever heard something about the Godwin's law ?
Because you made it true  :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom