after the weirdest siege ever, a conclusion

Users who are viewing this thread

why not make this faction a bit special:
- few lords and small area (eg a city and two castles)
- less troops but all elites
- The player cannot recruit their villagers simply  because they don't  have any village  until it reaches a certain conditions (yes POP influance  :oops:) ...

Theo H said:
xdj1nn said:
Theo H said:

1. Partially true
2. False.
3. Diplomacy AI in a higher mode fixes this if done with the highest AI level in M&B

1. Glad you agree.
2. You don't seem to know a thing about how the AI functions. They need to be in range of a marshal to join and therefore fight in campaigns and take and defend land.
You ever seen an AI say this...I don't know where to find the main army. That means they are out of range and therefore cant assist there faction in campaign.
3. What settings don't change much, formations AI is in need of some work and they move to slow. This is a fact and others have posted noticing this as well. Having high settings still has the issues which I mentioned. But its being addressed and I wait eagerly to see what the results they will be.

I know a lot about the M&B AI actually, Elvarine have the best campaign army in the whole game, true, but what makes that happen is the elite troops combined with tons of money, if u do a distance check on both sides in their territory it isn't different from Maccavia or Drachen lands... The really small territory faction is the Valahir... So to counter-balance their elite army the best options would be to reduce their village numbers / reduce their territory overall making some lords poor / reduce the number of lords and territory / give them more weaknesses

Idea for the devs: Add and raise the Lords refusing to accompany marshal just like 1257 AD. That thing works wonders

There is no point to nerf elvarines significantly... Just change some of their mid-tier troops melee weapons and slightly rebalance weapon profiencies + lower starting relations between their lords.

xdj1nn said:
Theo H said:
xdj1nn said:
Theo H said:

1. Partially true
2. False.
3. Diplomacy AI in a higher mode fixes this if done with the highest AI level in M&B

1. Glad you agree.
2. You don't seem to know a thing about how the AI functions. They need to be in range of a marshal to join and therefore fight in campaigns and take and defend land.
You ever seen an AI say this...I don't know where to find the main army. That means they are out of range and therefore cant assist there faction in campaign.
3. What settings don't change much, formations AI is in need of some work and they move to slow. This is a fact and others have posted noticing this as well. Having high settings still has the issues which I mentioned. But its being addressed and I wait eagerly to see what the results they will be.

I know a lot about the M&B AI actually, Elvarine have the best campaign army in the whole game, true, but what makes that happen is the elite troops combined with tons of money, if u do a distance check on both sides in their territory it isn't different from Maccavia or Drachen lands... The really small territory faction is the Valahir... So to counter-balance their elite army the best options would be to reduce their village numbers / reduce their territory overall making some lords poor / reduce the number of lords and territory / give them more weaknesses

Idea for the devs: Add and raise the Lords refusing to accompany marshal just like 1257 AD. That thing works wonders

Compared to macc and drachen there is not much difference in land size that is true. But by default they don't have any reason to fight them early game since they don't have conflicting territories.
But the enemies they do fight early on are spread out more. Hakkon and tolrania. Some of the outlying castles toranian have are pretty counter productive for them. A good way to balance them out would be move some of there outlying castles closer to the towns. An isolated lord is a useless one.

Though by default the redwoods have less fiefs at game start than there closest rivals as it is.

xdj1nn said:
Don't if it produces a similar result than in 1257 ad (way too much raid vs. siege).

magitsu said:
xdj1nn said:
Don't if it produces a similar result than in 1257 ad (way too much raid vs. siege).

Weaker armies hit villages more as part of the campaign so yes it does.

I would take a look at their melee proficiency but not archery. But Redwood is designed to be a hard to beat foe and in 0.7 I am aiming to make the player hostile by default to Redwood.

habeo123 said:
I would take a look at their melee proficiency but not archery. But Redwood is designed to be a hard to beat foe and in 0.7 I am aiming to make the player hostile by default to Redwood.

Nothing a little restore relations bribe cant fix eh?

Or are you guys gonna implement a quest line of sorts to allow positive relations to be attained?

habeo123 said:

Hostile by default, no problem  :cool:
*after one single battle against the redwood*
AAAAAAAAARGH  :cry:

So we could not begin the game in the town of Forniron anymore ?

habeo123 said:

I don't like your ideas... I would support that only if we had the options to be an elf in the start game, so u could chose to be elvarie and hated by all humans, or to be human and hated by elves...

Gotta say, i like the idea of them being a hostile faction. Though it makes no difference really, i'm almost always hostile towards them anyway... lousy Redwoods, burn em all i say

xdj1nn said:
habeo123 said:

I don't like your ideas... I would support that only if we had the options to be an elf in the start game, so u could chose to be elvarie and hated by all humans, or to be human and hated by elves...

I agree, but no need for hatred, some will hate elves, some will not, and elves (most of high-elves at least) will consider humans as lower race

idea :
2 "small"  overpowered elvaries kingdoms (bluewood and redwood )
1 hidden amazon-female kingdom !!!
and of course all others human kingdoms

during the creation of your caracter you can make a choice :

human or elve

if human : woman or man

if you choose a male character then your goal and unify the human kingdoms and destroy the elvine threat

if you choose a female caracter then you will have a sub-choice  to be an amazon and help your sisters to dominate all perisno (your  army composed entirely by women)

if you choose elve caracter : unify the two elvarie kingdoms and enslave the (human)  inferior race

I don't really think it is a problem they are so strong as they are. They are elves and I've never heard of elves not being a bit stronger than men. Perhaps something could be done to their AI so they are far more defensive and tend to stay in their forests? Then it would be at your own peril if you decided to mess with them.

Besides that you should just let them be, attack them in the field and loot their villages. Then you will always have a source of income :grin:

DahndI said:
I don't really think it is a problem they are so strong as they are. They are elves and I've never heard of elves not being a bit stronger than men. Perhaps something could be done to their AI so they are far more defensive and tend to stay in their forests? Then it would be at your own peril if you decided to mess with them.

Besides that you should just let them be, attack them in the field and loot their villages. Then you will always have a source of income :grin:

beats me, your idea was the best overall so far...

Anyway, I like the idea of having the Bluewood elves, but I would like it more if you could lead their rebellion and instead of having Perisno Culture, having Bluewood culture, I've suggested it as an Epic Quest, but idk if they plan to add anything of the sort... Tho having bluewood and redwood elves fighting each other would be awesome even if not lead by the player.

A possibility to force them into a passive stance would be to throw their lands very apart from any other human kingdom, having to travel the equivalent of a whole kingdom just to reach them would force the AI into a defensive instance automatically, if added with a bluewood faction near it, it would make they only fight each other, but they would also be doomed economically, because big empty spaces tend to have tons upon tons of bandits, which would make caravans get raided a lot...

Idk what's the best idea, everyone here gave a cent, most ideas are quite interesting, it sits upon the devs to chose from a wide range of changes possible to make elves more interesting

Read lore before anything please. Redwood Nation is in fact the most hostile and warmongering faction in Perisno.

habeo123 said:
Read lore before anything please. Redwood Nation is in fact the most hostile and warmongering faction in Perisno.

It doesn't change the fact we need "elvarie" option :grin:

habeo123 said:

Damn straight, the queen didn't argue when I said to hell with macc lets declare war!!!

Theo H said:
habeo123 said:

Damn straight, the queen didn't argue when I said to hell with macc lets declare war!!!

Oyus, she did the same for me after I told her 2 reasons. ALL OUT WAR ON THEM! And my village gets raided on the 5th day of the war.

Back
Top Bottom