after the weirdest siege ever, a conclusion

Users who are viewing this thread

Michadr said:
zapbib said:
well instead of just standing in a square and getting shot to death the infantry would charge the elves and get shot to death.

so it certainly wouldnt change much the end result, but it seem like a slight improvement of intentions.
In my opinion I would think you would have much more losses with Native AI. Though I am not sure why you can't use tactics to your advantage, like a cavalry charge to divert the arrow barrage, maybe ask them to follow and hit they from the side, the bring your archers closer, hitting them with arrows, while moving in your infantry. You simply cant have your troops stand around while they get drilled with projectiles especially when facing the elves.

Tell that to the AI fighting the redwoods, players can use tactics with infantry to give themselves a chance but AI are paranoid of charging to do so.

The only time there infantry reaches the redwoods lines if is they have enough cavalry and actually charge early with them (not wait in front of the formation near spawn for 5 minutes and get there mounts shot out) then when the elves are distracted the infantry can reach the lines and victory is possible.

And yes Native AI would perform much better since they will form a big massive line which in itself reduces losses big time.
Diagram to show what I mean. X = infantry unit.

Perisno.

X X X X X X X X X
X X X X X X X X X
X X X X X X X X X
X X X X X X X X X
X X X X X X X X X

Perisno formation squares generally travel in a straight line to the enemy. Sometime they turn a bit but not much.
Results are...
1. Elven archers fire their arrows...since the formation generally moves in a straight forward movement and slowly the odds of the infantry evading naturally are decreased.
2. If the arrow is inaccurate due to natural inaccuracy since the infantry are close to each other and in a square the odds of a missed arrow hitting the poor sucker in the next row is high. Unless the arrow sails overhead.
3. Since the formation is compact the rules of focused fire apply. Lots of staggering and shields getting busted leaving infantry and ranks behind them exposed. ect ect.

Native

X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X

1. Elven archers fire their arrows...since native formations move in a angled pattern the odds of infantry evading naturally are increased.
2. If the arrows is inaccurate  due to natural inaccuracy since the infantry are spaced out more and not compacted in a square missed arrows only have a chance to hit targets either side of the target. Which overall if far lower the a square. Arrows sail past more often.
3. Since the formation is spread out more the rules of focused fire do not apply, odds are the elven archers are all targeted different targets which mean less likely shields will be busted. Though infantry with no shields are not protected they still are at less risk of being killed due to the 2 points mentioned above anyway.

Though the native AI does not always use the angled slow movement in battle the fact that infantry spread out is an effective anti missile defense.

Well, technically, this is a spelling mistake not a grammar one...
Words meaning are also very important  :mrgreen:

Katsuki said:
Well, technically, this is a spelling mistake not a grammar one...
Words meaning are also very important  :mrgreen:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Grammar+Nazi

Someone who believes it's their duty to attempt to correct any grammar and/or spelling mistakes they observe. Usually found hanging around Irc chatrooms hounding "n00bs".

:lol:

habeo123 said:
I reduce its melee capability every single patch. Guess it still needs nerf.
that profile picture..... how... i thought it was dead... best game ever.... ****ing Ubisoft making crappy mm X..... **** i want to play this through again so i completed it like 50 times, this is the best game ever... your profile picture says so much about you..... you are the best person i have ever met

BugGG said:
habeo123 said:
I reduce its melee capability every single patch. Guess it still needs nerf.
that profile picture..... how... i thought it was dead... best game ever.... ******** Ubisoft making crappy mm X..... **** i want to play this through again so i completed it like 50 times, this is the best game ever... your profile picture says so much about you..... you are the best person i have ever met
Well since I haven't played MM x yet, I don't know what it is like. But I do like the MM franchises.

Back
Top Bottom