Users who are viewing this thread

Hm. First try crashed on load screen second (possibly due to the spawn coordinates) crashed upon battle start. Both with 200vs200. Odd.
Try ruins map for the benchmark with default spawn points. So far that map never failed me. Or try sergeant map 10

But my test didn't show much difference between each two actually. More or less same FPS drops and such.
Just a note though, never use Khuzait or any caped guys for 500+vs battles. Horses and hair physics are literally killing the performance

Try ruins map for the benchmark with default spawn points. So far that map never failed me. Or try sergeant map 10

But my test didn't show much difference between each two actually. More or less same FPS drops and such.
Just a note though, never use Khuzait or any caped guys for 500+vs battles. Horses and hair physics are literally killing the performance
100vs100 infantry vs infantry 90fps solid on Ruins 2 however crashing on loading for 200 vs 200. Very odd. I didn't have a single performance dip on that first test, it was buttery smooth.

150 vs 150, drops to 30fps at it's lowest average probably 45fps. So odd these MP AI just seem to tank the performance.

Last edited:
This is strange
This is on high graphics settings however, will try a low settings test. Not sure if it's something on my PC's end that's tanking, but it's a fairly modern system.

Update: Odd, I was able to do 700vs700 on high settings before (OG Battletest) now I can do 700vs700 but only on low settings. Regardless it's really nice having such a scale. Very impressed. FPS is far more stable than the first version for me. Rather than lowering as the battle proceeds it rises as expected. Thank you for the work!

Last edited:
Same for me I could do 700 vs 700 on high settings but its near unplayble, when setting it to low however it ran much better. Although I have been noticing that it seems certain troops cause more lag than others, 700 fianns vs peasants worked fine but when doing 700 sargents vs 700 peasents it crashes same thing happened but the other way round when using the first version of battle test.

Okay lets find a naming for this now.
Original BattleTest from modbed = BattleTest
This thread, first page dll = ACB ( Advanced custom battle )
Last dll I have sent in here = ACBO ( Advanced Custom Battle Optional )

@Jerald of Rivacheg So which version are you using right now? And which version was smooth with High settings

@Daiball14 Same question for you as well. Which one are you using now? And your case is extremely odd now because even though unit types have different impact on performance, it's unusual to see otherway around when you change dll.

Same for me I could do 700 vs 700 on high settings but its near unplayble, when setting it to low however it ran much better. Although I have been noticing that it seems certain troops cause more lag than others, 700 fianns vs peasants worked fine but when doing 700 sargents vs 700 peasents it crashes same thing happened but the other way round when using the first version of battle test.
That's odd, I assumed mounted and missile troops would cause more instability. I was doing Sturgian Warriors vs Peasants and it seemed fine after lowering the settings.

@Jerald of Rivacheg So which version are you using right now? And which version was smooth with High settings

- On Battletest I was running 700 vs 700 high settings.

-On ACB I was having massive performance hits and stuttering troop movements. Regardless of graphical settings.

- I am currently using ACBO and had to lower graphical settings to low but other than that it's running great.

- I am currently using ACBO and had to lower graphical settings to low but other than that it's running great.
- On Battletest I was running 700 vs 700 high settings.
-On ACB I was having massive performance hits and stuttering troop movements. Regardless of graphical settings.
Which Battletest were you using though? Because he also released something 6 days ago and this ACB kinda based on that because codewise lastest release had better implementation. But if you were using that, and ACBO is not working as same with that one.. then I'm not sure why causing this because there should be nothing directly impacting to that.

I will add this as optional then. It's interesting to see that every GPU and CPU have so much different behaviour. Especially when I compare the results of you and dailball, it's just unpredictable.

@Daiball14 Same question for you as well. Which one are you using now? And your case is extremely odd now because even though unit types have different impact on performance, it's unusual to see otherway around when you change dll.
At first I used Battle Test 0.2 which for the most part ran 700 vs 700 pretty well at high settings apart from certain troops causing it to crash but today I switched to ACB and on high settings and it gets really laggy. on low its fine but still have that crash problem but now different troops cause it and some don't quite strange.

At first I used Battle Test 0.2 which for the most part ran 700 vs 700 pretty well at high settings apart from certain troops causing it to crash but today I switched to ACB and on high settings and it gets really laggy. on low its fine but still have that crash problem but now different troops cause it and some don't quite strange.
Can you try this then? I would like to see if this makes any difference or not. Backup your old .dll and replace it with this one

Some maps also run a lot better than others but think that's just down to optimization as the game has not released yet.
All maps have their own PostFX settings ( which wasn't like that in Warband - it was global settings ) therefore it makes sense. Released version won't be like this, I can assure you

Which Battletest were you using though? Because he also released something 6 days ago and this ACB kinda based on that because codewise lastest release had better implementation. But if you were using that, and ACBO is not working as same with that one.. then I'm not sure why causing this because there should be nothing directly impacting to that.

I will add this as optional then. It's interesting to see that every GPU and CPU have so much different behaviour. Especially when I compare the results of you and dailball, it's just unpredictable.

I am indeed using 0.2 from the 2nd of February. Perhaps it's the fact that it's a real map unlike the flat test map that Battletest 2.0 has as default?
It is very odd. I'll play around with the settings, it might be just one single graphical option that is causing a big impact on perfomance.

I am indeed using 0.2 from the 2nd of February. Perhaps it's the fact that it's a real map unlike the flat test map that Battletest 2.0 has as default?
Ah right. That's true. I totally forgot that Battletest didn't have map option. Flat test map should be more performant because of the following,
No collision detection required, it's flat. Nav meshes are flat and in a map, you have less navmesh which is a huge improvement for AI to calculate where they want to go. No extra objects, not even far objects, meaning that less and less triangle drawing for the renderer. No spawn weirdness and pathetic AI to overcome invisible terrains and such. So it makes sense.

All maps have their own PostFX settings ( which wasn't like that in Warband - it was global settings ) therefore it makes sense. Released version won't be like this, I can assure you
As I told in here, this probably won't be a problem in released game. Meanwhile, rather than batch-lowering your settings, you can try and play around to see which setting is actually causing this.

Okay... this is very odd my performance was drastically incrased when using the new dll I could run 700 sargents vs 700 peasents at low settings although it crashed on high but when doing 700 fiann vs 700 peasents I could run it on high at about 30 frames per second.

Back
Top Bottom