SP - General A way to make castles and cities more interesting

Users who are viewing this thread

just had this idea where you could make castles and cities abit more useful/unique I just love this game so damn much.

Castles
  • Have higher tier recruitment compared to cities on some troops (including noble troops) depending on faction, level of buildings and how the connected villages are doing.
  • Castles also are connected to cities via trainers or something and help improve cities recruitment pools.
  • well maintained and guarded castles can help improve the villages and even maybe cities to an extent.

Cites
  • Cities recruitment pools would be more lower tier but allow for more at once compared to castles. being more militia like.
  • if your city has a good blacksmith workshop you can have a chance of getting better troops.
  • Having a good, well maintained city would improve the morale and food of the castles via trading.

I think a vanilla Medieval 2 style system would be cool.

Castles allow for a smaller pool of higher quality troops whereas towns allow for a larger pool of lower quality troops.

I think a vanilla Medieval 2 style system would be cool.

Castles allow for a smaller pool of higher quality troops whereas towns allow for a larger pool of lower quality troops.
yes definitely, castles for military quality (+patrols) and cities for economic centers. I know that in the upcoming patch the notables in villages connected to castles have an increased powerlevel. This wil make getting noble recruits easier from these villagers.
This is a step in the right direction, but my worry is that this relatively small change stands in the way of a more thought out solution, like recruiting higher tier troops directly from a castle notable (weapon master, constable).
Sticking to tweaking the current system prevents a better alternative.

in my opinion the hole recruitment system needs a few tweaks. I find it strange that you can recruit faction troops from artisans, merchants and gang leaders. these (except artisans, should give relevant troops like caravan guard and outlaws) new notables could be for example, captain of the guard, or militia leader. Give them few more slots to keep te number of faction troop equal to the normal system and restrict the merchant and gangleader recruits to the player as not to muddle the faction armies.

as a bonus the militia leader notable could play into the rebellion mechanic. He could be the clan leader. High relation with him might help persuade him to rebel.

@mexxico, I know you get tagged al lot, but I am really interested in your opinion on the above as i know you worked on the noble recruitment increase from villages connected to the castles.

Last edited:
The idea of getting noble troops form villages linked to towns is great, but I would love if we can have higher level of buildings that give more passive XP to the garrisoned troops so they can work as training centers and made the ownership of a castle worth.

There is already in place, and some governor perks also ... but right now the XP added seems poor to me.

in my opinion the hole recruitment system needs a few tweaks. I find it strange that you can recruit faction troops from artisans, merchants and gang leaders. these (except artisans, should give relevant troops like caravan guard and outlaws) new notables could be for example, captain of the guard, or militia leader. Give them few more slots to keep te number of faction troop equal to the normal system and restrict the merchant and gangleader recruits to the player as not to muddle the faction armies.
???

I greatly agree with this!

The big issue before we can get this however is the lack of T1 troops in all these trees!

Here is my suggestion how to solve that issue.

Back
Top Bottom