A kingdom has conquered the entire map - Help

Users who are viewing this thread

Neurophin

Recruit
Hello
one question: in my current world the northern empire has spread so far that there are no other factions or kingdoms. I have already completed the task in which you get explained how to found your own kingdom and which requirements you need.

But I don't know what to do because I don't have the slightest chance to conquer a castle because the northern empire is so damn strong and I can't join anyone else...
Did I take too long to complete the quest where I have to ask the 10 Lords? Can I still play and improve myself?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

That northern empire is definitely not joking in being an empire

The point is I'm at a loss. I'd like to know if there is any chance to keep playing like this with the intention of getting bigger

This seems to be one of the major problems with the game right now. I don't mind the fact that in an Early Access release, features have yet to be implemented, questlines and unique character quests are missing and so on. Things like that are filler, that will make the game all the better when its released, but isn't the core gameplay of Mount and Blade...

On the otherhand the lack of any decent balancing of the factions and more general warfare, with longevity of a save in mind, is basically game breaking. Unless you are incredibly lucky, within a few hundred days one or two Kingdoms can be so totally dominant that there is simply nothing you can ever do againts them... Which is a problem when it takes that long just to build up a decent force for taking your first couple of castles.

These saves are meant to last thousands of in game days, if not longer, with you slowly (very slowly) building your character up from a near enough nobody to someone who can start to challenge individual castles, and eventually the fragmented nations of Calradia (Presuming you don't go the route of backing an existing nation the entire game). The fact most people seem to see the continent united under two or three superpowers in the first year or two totally ruins that central element of the game, and should in my opinion be the main priority of the development team.

I wanted to raise money and send 4 caravans , I stayed afk for a while . When i return all Calradia conquered by emperor and ı was like whaaaaat

Aserai are the worst for this. Army split in two right at the start and completely wiped out by southern empire within a week. Non of the lords have any money so they can't recruit and are immediately killed by either bandits of minor factions if they leave their settlement.

Aserai are the worst for this. Army split in two right at the start and completely wiped out by southern empire within a week. Non of the lords have any money so they can't recruit and are immediately killed by either bandits of minor factions if they leave their settlement.
You know my pain. ;.;
The lords of the sands are doomed to be molten into glass.

In my game it was the Vlandia. Within about 150 days they had been completely consumed by the Western Empire and Battanians. I'm rather lucky overall however, 400 days in and whilst the Western and Sothern Empires are by far the most dominant, with no realistic hope of any nation stopping them, some of the other factions still exist as tiny powers so I'm hoping to pick a few of them off and play around with the Kingdom mechanics for a little bit before its time to call the save.

IT sucks and Made me stopped playing for now i mean i just leveled Up a bit got an child and then vlandia captured everything 25 HRS for nothing ...

This seems to be one of the major problems with the game right now. I don't mind the fact that in an Early Access release, features have yet to be implemented, questlines and unique character quests are missing and so on. Things like that are filler, that will make the game all the better when its released, but isn't the core gameplay of Mount and Blade...

On the otherhand the lack of any decent balancing of the factions and more general warfare, with longevity of a save in mind, is basically game breaking. Unless you are incredibly lucky, within a few hundred days one or two Kingdoms can be so totally dominant that there is simply nothing you can ever do againts them... Which is a problem when it takes that long just to build up a decent force for taking your first couple of castles.

These saves are meant to last thousands of in game days, if not longer, with you slowly (very slowly) building your character up from a near enough nobody to someone who can start to challenge individual castles, and eventually the fragmented nations of Calradia (Presuming you don't go the route of backing an existing nation the entire game). The fact most people seem to see the continent united under two or three superpowers in the first year or two totally ruins that central element of the game, and should in my opinion be the main priority of the development team.
So true hope they fix it

How did you manage to take a city in the middle of the empire? They'll come at you with 500+ soldiers.
Well when I did it, I had like 400 K in the bank. So I found a few weak targets, save scummed a bit to take them without a reinforcing army arriving and stack wiping me (Usually againts how I play, but during the early game it takes so long to build up a decent army that I didn't want to see 10-15 hours simply wiped out) and then once I successfully sieged one, I waited around for the enemy reinforcements arrived and then just gave them like, 40K to make peace. In a few weeks I had totally recouped any financial losses. Of course it helps if the Empire is at war so none of their armies can reinforce in time... Which they seemingly always are.

Yeah me too pointless
When your more annoyed at a game due to bad gameplay and balancing then you are a dozen or so crashes and the total breaking of a save with 15 hours, the Developers should know they have messed up.

I don't want to criticise too much, because the mechanics are all there and it is fun for awhile... But the lack of lots of sufficient testing seems obvious. There is loads of minor issues you notice a few minutes into a game that should have been caught and fixed well before release, but the most serious is by far the fact a game all about longevity has saves that barely last a couple hundred in game days (Which is nothing in context of the game play).

Back
Top Bottom