2H Sword Thrust Speed

Users who are viewing this thread

Has anyone done a comparison on the speeds of various attacks specifically thrust attacks of various weapons? The Vladian 2-sword thrust speed "feels" awful slow to me. I'm curious about timing when having the attack held compared to starting with weapon down.

The same seems to be true for all thrusts. Can't even get an attack off most of the time if a horse doesn't come from 3 seconds away.

You're probably experiencing the "hold" delay. As you may have noticed, holding an attack for any length of time (pretty much anything other than tentatively tapping left mouse button) and then releasing will cause your character to do an added animation before they swing/thrust. This greatly increases the time it takes for your character to actually begin their attack.

Generally speaking, when using thrusting weapons against incoming cavalry, people will ready their thrust before the cav actually reaches them. This will cause your thrust to be affected by the hold delay every single time and significantly mess with your timing. It's not your fault OP, this is a very unintuitive feature and I don't know why they added it.

P.S. And yes, I fell like 2H and 1H thrusts in general feel a little slow -even inaccurate at times.

Back
Top Bottom