2015-6 Brytenwalda Reworked pulling together the best features of BW submods +

Users who are viewing this thread

How to install this SubMod? Just paste all files at BW folder? Or paste in Modules?

P.S. I have been installed this yet. How to change font at this mod? I have to play Russian, but cyrrilic font is terrible. How can I change this?

100 companions: I believe I lost that one. If you have a version, send it to me. I can easily add a few more companions.
It does kind of undermine the flavor of having so many new ethnic mercenaries in this submod.

Place it into the main Modules folder as it own directory.
It should then appear with the launcher.
I have not done any translation work and won't have time to.
I hope to release a new version by Sunday morning.
GDW

Guys, some very strange thing happened with me in classic Brytenwalda (just delete my post if it is too off-topic):
I went to the help of an East-Angle patrol against a band of Dena pirates. However, in the battlefield, somehow I found myself in cooperation with the pirates against the patrol. We won, and I saw a message, that my relation with sea riders increased from 0 to 4. Since that, the Denas not following nor escaping from me, so I feel that my game is now broken :sad:
Did you saw something like this before?
/srry because my English/

I know that if you aid bandits, your relation goes positive and you can then play as bandit.
Different types of bandits have their own faction which is why bandits don't fight with bandits but only other kinds like kingdom factions or Dena.
You must have been at 0 relation with the party you were trying to assist. Puzzling.

I have a working version of 27 up and running if someone wants a head start on testing. I have to change the module items and troops to make sure the gameplay works out.
Let me know if someone wants the beta version.
Any last minute requests? I can only do so  much.

I started playing your mod a few days ago and he's looking fantastic !
Except for some bug (like companion/minister - idk if it comes from "native" brytenwalda) everthing is perfect.
Great job. I'll follow your next update.

I really am confident I can get it out by Saturday or Sunday.
Did the minister have a problem?
In the new version, you can make a companion your minister.
That used to have bugs of its own however.
SE

Patch A: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8zw3smxhl8u09s9/PatchAfV27.zip?dl=0

Troops: I accidentally overequipped the companions.
Scripts: New script for equipping weapons both in formations and without formations.
There was  a flaw in the one I posted last night.

items: I buffed spears more and made some more of them blunt.
In this new mod, you'll see that troops are much more likely to use spears at the start of a battle. Some may continue with the spears even through the battle.
If it is too much, let me know.
I built a trigger so that the crazy cavalry riders that run ahead will use their one hander instead of the lance.

You will notice that axes are still a bit overpowered considering that they are dual use stabbers and clubs. I might tone that down in the future.

Steam now has the loading screen where you need to select either Warband or VC.
If your press VC you get that error.
This is a traditional Warband mod this related to VC in terms of the code.
I recommend VC by the way; try both.

I have non steam version (Retail?), I bought Warband back at direct2drive and there is no way I can transfer to Steam.

So I am not able to go around this?

I don't know. Ask over on the VC forums help topic.
The Steam issue I mentioned only applied to Steam games.
This mod has nothing to do with Steam although it uses features from recent Warband mods like VC.
You should not have trouble playing it.

When I join a lords army and leave I CTD after visit some village centers.

After I won a figth to free a village form bandits I got the following errors:
script warning on opcode 1704: Invalid Agent ID: 184; Line No: 8: at mission Template mt_village_attack_bandits trigger no: 23 consequences

how can I fix it? I would really enjoy to play brytenwalda again in this version.

I can fix this one if I know where in the code something is messed up.
That opcode string is very useful if it's correct.
This occurred AFTER freeing a village from bandits. Was it your party or were you in a Lord's party?
Did you write that down or get it from your rgl_log.
I am planning on a little patch this weekend and hopefully this can be in it.

What was the first issue: You were serving as a freelancer? This will be harder.
It sounds like it lost track of your slot number. Freelancer is buggy occasionally depending on how you left the party.
I think you formally need to tell the Lord you're leaving. if you just run off, it loses track of your troop_id.
Try it again but avoid it if you don't want to waste time testing.

Hello and thanks for your answer. Just after I found this amazing submod on nexus I start a new fresh game and join a lords army as soldier. After three months in service I visit the Lord and ask him for shore leave. He answer that he will not allow this. So I told him I left his army. The relation with him increase from 4 to 20 and I was unbound again. then I travel to the village of Woerthingtun, Mierce (I hope I write the name correct). Anytime I try to visit the village center I crash to desktop.

So I start a new game and try to play without to join a loard and got for example problems with dialogs with companion. or in battle that some items are missing and the one I posted before.

I dont know where I can find a log but if there is one, I would be more then happy to help to make this submod work for everybody.

Supplement: Today I got this:
SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 2322: Invalid Register ID: 369; LINE NO: 2:
At dialog consequence:
dlga_companion_personalityclash_b:companion_personalityclash_response.
At dialog consequence:
dlga_companion_personalityclash_b:companion_personalityclash_response.

gdwitt said:
I can fix this one if I know where in the code something is messed up.
That opcode string is very useful if it's correct.
This occurred AFTER freeing a village from bandits. Was it your party or were you in a Lord's party?
Did you write that down or get it from your rgl_log.
I am planning on a little patch this weekend and hopefully this can be in it.

What was the first issue: You were serving as a freelancer? This will be harder.
It sounds like it lost track of your slot number. Freelancer is buggy occasionally depending on how you left the party.
I think you formally need to tell the Lord you're leaving. if you just run off, it loses track of your troop_id.
Try it again but avoid it if you don't want to waste time testing.

Back
Top Bottom