2015-6 Brytenwalda Reworked pulling together the best features of BW submods +

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello.
I started playing in Brytenwalda Reworked, but I can't find how to read books. I had been in monastery and I learned reading there but I can't choose in camp menu book for reading. And when I'm in city or waiting some time reading prorgress do not moving.

You initiate the book reading in the camp menu. Once you pick a book. You keep reading it while resting automatically.
The next time you camp, you don't need to activate book reading again until that book is done.
Did you try this?

I bought "Epitoma Rei Militaris" and trying to choose for reading it in camp menu. But after I remembered that in this mod I must study reading in monastery at first. I went to monastery and paid money for this. After studying in my inventory appeared book "Read Latin Every Day to Remember". But in camp menu still absent function of choosing books for read. And when I'm rest, reading progress not moving from zero.

9 STR Skills
Ironflesh _STR
Power Strike _STR
Power Throw _STR
Power Draw _STR
Weapon Master _STR
Shield _STR
Athletics _STR
Horse Archery _STR
Spotting _STR

10 INT Skills
Foraging _INT
Trainer _INT
Tracking _INT
Tactics _INT
Path-finding _INT
Inventory Managment _INT
Wound Treatment _INT
Surgery _INT
First Aid _INT
Engineer _INT

7 CHA Skills
Riding _CHA
Looting _CHA
Persuasion _CHA
Entertain _CHA
Prisoner Managment _CHA
Leadership _CHA
Trade _CHA

You must not like AGI very much as a stat. As strange as it is I mostly agree with this change. Even the STR Spotting and CHR Riding. CHR Looting is weird though. (Though not as weird now that you can't steal cattle.) And it would be nicer if they were sorted by stat. And if this "Skills" was removed from the image file. Come on, we all know these are the skills and this is just ugly.

RIZfD3L.png

--

I don't want to do the brother rescue quest. The ass doesn't even give you any denars to recruit with unlike Native. and the bandit leader outside the town is immune to all my weapons and seems to have infinite throwing spears. but wait I can't even get to that point this time around because after recruiting 5 volunteers, bribing the village elders is no longer working, the recruit volunteers option is missing and then the merchant pulls this one on me:

Lzr9y3t.jpg

--

kpYpOZe.png

Wait. Am I seeing that right? I'm sure he only asked for 4 heads of cattle.

--

This button doesn't work.

0faS4tU.png

Good feedback. I can use pics and debugs.

There are two skills files. If you want to use agility, use the alternate "Skillswithagility.txt" in the module file.
I think it's a waste of skill points and prolongs leveling up.

I can add money for recruiting.
I have not had the problem I guess because I always play as nobility.
You shouldn't have problems recruiting as a commoner unless you are a different religion or ethnic group from the landing point.
I will solve it by having him give you freebies at the start.

I'll take a look at the cattle quest. That was with a village elder?

Hey gdwitt, much praise for your reworked mod of Brytenwalda! Uhm, I do have four suggestions though, which I hope one day will be implemented, even with all your other concerns. First is spear combat in this game, is it possible to make it faster (rapid thrusting), capable of slashing IF used two-handed (also IF the fighter has no shield) and be used in more constricted spaces via overhand grip? The reason I mentioned overhand grip is not because I'm a historical purist or anything, and I don't want to get involved in the overhand vs underhand debate, but because I've seen it used in another mod - The Sword and the Axe (so it can be done) - and because it might be a solution to being unable to use said weapon in tightly packed encounters. Spears are supposed to shine in formation melee, and especially when the men two rows behind are able to stab over their comrades shoulders' at the enemy. In the Mount and Blade underhanded, needs-elbow-room-way, spears are slow, easy to predict, and are just encumbrances in tight melee. I'm not saying to make spears usable when the enemy is literally in-your-face; negation of distance advantage is how sword users overcame polearms, but spears must be still maneuverable even with allies in the same rank at your side (e.g you're all standing in a line). For the slashing, I'm not an expert on Post-Roman fighting techniques, but if you don't have a shield and you only have a spear and are surrounded by enemies, would one limit oneself ONLY to thrusting (a spear is a very long stave with a pointy end, and staves have been used to give whacks and not just thrusts for a long time)?

My second suggestion is related to making spear combat faster - can all weapon speeds be increased proportionately? Weapons like greataxes are easier to wield than thought, as their supposed extreme weight is all misconception. Weapons like those are lighter than they seem and are well-balanced unless poorly made. Please take note of my "proportionately" - swords are faster than greataxes, and spears are supposed to be faster than both (rapid thrusting), but I kinda want all combat to be faster paced.

Third is haha, aesthetically related. Must Brytenwalda players be forced to look at those frog-like faces all day? Is it possible to use faces like from Perisno (for the women) or from Prophesy of Pendor, or from the Game of Thrones mods if they give permission?

Fourth and last suggestion is tournaments. I'm inspired by A World of Ice and Fire and their tournaments (well the last time I played their release, a year ago I think) in which it's a free for all team-battle in which all participants bring their own weapons and armor. The whole need for uniforms (and this is not just in Brytenwalda but in a lot of other MnB mods) and enforced weapons rules is absurd in time periods before high chivalry and heraldry. The only handicap type rule that makes sense is if the judges require all the fighters to compete on foot or mounted to even the odds - a man on horse vs a man on foot is not a fair fight. Armed competitions always had their competitors bring their own equipment as a requirement, it kinda signified status and right to join, and uniforms are a very modern concept, even Roman legionnaires had a bit of variety in armoring themselves and their foederati were even more diverse in looks (which what these British tribesmen and Saxon invaders were). If there is a need for the old random weapons in basically no armor type tournament can it be a separate tournament of one-on-one fights? That would be awesome in itself. Finally, the rewards system, can it be made more exciting? I'm not saying to give out cash prices that would rival a city's income, no. However, can there be a variety of prices, like horses, or helmets, or armor, or different weapons for the champion? It would make the competition even more interesting.

Thanks for reading it if you did gdwitt, and I know my suggestions are a lot and probably would require a team to back you up. However, maybe many releases from now, some parts of my request may be put into reworked, if the other players would agree with my ideas.

I really only have time for bug fixes, but can easily implement fixes if another mod has them available for me.

I like that you mention specific mods. It allows me to contact the creators for code.
What is exactly wrong with the current spear thrust? underhand is pretty fast. Overhand is my own accidental discovery. I agree it is a bit slow and I wish I could improve it.
Weapon rating can be added to all spears, but I haven't noticed that increasing it changes much.

Any other mods with great spear dynamics would be helpful.
But this won't be until after October 3.

Faces are unusually difficult to change unless someone has the source code, not the text code.

Tournaments: this appears to be too much work for now unless I can pick it up directly from source code elsewhere.

If I get more feedback by PM about the need for this I might move it up the timeline.

I get the sense that people are playing other games until Bannerlord releases, but maybe that is not the case.
I should release a new minor patch this weekend.

Great new Patch B for version 27!!!
Either at
https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/mount-blade-warband-mods/brytenwalda-reworked/  or
http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/5994/?
Main changes:
Weapon choices in dynamics has been revamped. Troops should switch to a spear if put in formation, then a sidearm if the enemy is nearby.
Add the above trigger to more mission templates.
Fixed Latin book.
The Merchant gives out gold and a weapon if you can't get 5 men on your own.
May have fixed the "go back" button at the start menu (it is difficult).

Revised module_items all spears. Speed ratings up ~6 while most thrust damages were reduced 1.
A better fix would be to have a better overhead thrust animation, but I don't have one that I can get to work yet.

Slightly increased penalty in new formula for unrested morale penaltry.

I might have fixed the bug where the companions approaches you after battle and says something bizarre.

Are the taverns supposed to be stuffed with guys who get angry at "chatter"?
One time I was wounded and the merchandise asked me to do the guardsman killing quest. I told him I'd think on it , but now he just says not to chatter.

Been having a unlucky campaign, where I wanted to be a true Merc, but ran off to go help Laigin after they lost my hometown. When I tried to Merc for them, not a single lord offered to let me, but instead they all send me on constant letter quests to Mumain. Also Ard Tiarna something Ronan isn't wearing any clothing.

The "chatter" dialog should only come up once in every 10 or so taverns.
It means that the game couldn't find a dialog to match the character and is the fallback. Just walk away.

The merchant falling back means something is bugged with the quest.He doesn't know what to say.
Has anyone else had this issue?
Maybe there is no flag for you since you turned his quest down the first time.

You can't be a mercenary party until you reach a certain level or reputation, I am not sure which but if you give the dialog string I can look it up and post it here. They will send you on lesser quests until your level reaches that point.

When a Lord appears undressed it means I gave him an armor that is too heavy and he can't wear it.
Thanks for telling me the specific name.

I don't think it's unlucky. You ran into several unusual bugs and have helped me see where I can fix things. Just keep focused on your game as these are not intrinsic bugs.

It seems to be a laigin specific thing:everyone else was easy to join but they were impossible, despite having positive relations with all of them.
I've found a far more problematic bug:None of my troops listen to my orders. I can give an order to hold position and they form a long line. After that?
Formations:They clump into a very loose shieldwall and move off in one direction. It's like they're pushing eachother away.
Sometimes nobody even listens to my hold ground order and they walk on to their doom.
Also every unit in the game has been assigned to something like unnamed 3 or 2 so if I don't reassign them, even forming those mock shieldwalls won't work.
Some castles don't have doors to their prisons either:Caer Daun is one. If you like I can check through all of them for you.

This merchant bug happened to me as well, when he asked for help i said that i would think about it so that i could equip the armor that he gave me has a reward and when i came back to talk to him again he was displaying this "chatter" dialog.

it didnt care when it happened because helping the merchant would only give some aditional gold and i alredy have a lot

So I think the merchant bug occurs when one turns down his quest.
It Native, there is no option to go back and ask for a quest and the merchant disappears.
I need to figure out how to disappear him or add a new trigger for returners.

There seems to be a problem with the AI in villages.
Whenever I walk around a small village the villagers only walk in one direction and then get stuck on the invisible walls at the edge of the village.

Archers: I haven't changed any orders for archers recently. Do they respond to anything? What keys are you pressing to give orders?

AI in villages: I will have to check it out. This is not something I've touched. I wonder if there is a modder that can comment. It is pretty standard for about 10% of villagers to walk into walls after a few mins from my playing.

I am working on tracking and fixing these bugs for the next patch.

I really can't understand spearwork in this mod. I play a crazy fantasy game like Perisno or Prophesy or Pendor, spears can still do damage. I play something like Clash of Kings, spears can still do damage. In this supposedly historically-based mod, spears just glance off like they were needles, and you need to use some sort of obscure footwork to get in one lucky strike. In all the mods I mentioned you don't need to do that much or be that good to figure out how to use spears. What's with Brytenwalda?

Hey Gdwitt, did you use or take inspiration from this guy's submod: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=272406.0 ? Or is his actually not as good as it looks? It seems no matter how much people mod in warband, and no matter how good they are, spears are really hardcoded to not be that good. Or maybe it's because I've only been seeing how your spears work in custom battles. Maybe the heavy spears in the main game will give a better experience.

P.S. Did you also use "Papa's" (awkward...) improved battle animations? If you did, I'm realizing the scope of the submods for Brytenwwalda and  conversely YOUR work in condensing them in such a sweet package...

Spears have always been a problem in most Warband mods.
I actually worked with Vladimir's animations and found one that was better for this mod.
I increased spear damage and speed.
Still it is hard to make a strike. But they do good damage when you do so.

I would like to see Papa's battle animations. Any new updates? I thought that was very old mod?

Back
Top Bottom