Users who are viewing this thread

I think Vlandia for now is the most "illogical" faction, i've remade it to better illustratte how it should be:
vlandia_ettenrocal.jpg

Just read this from Wyzilla in Pacth Notes - b0.8.0 thread and i totally agree:
Why do the Knights have no maille chausses yet the sergeants, ie foot troops, have maille chausses. If you're going for a Norman kind of look, then having no armor on the legs is on the money, but if armored chausses exist they would be worn by cavalry, not infantry. Maille chausses would probably be the least concern of any infantryman who has to pay for his own gear. Additionally a transitional great helm seems an odd choice for infantry, as there's not really anything pointing to such helmets being used by non-cavalry units, and probably a reason behind that. It would also help distinguish knights/sergeants from each other if all knights had transitional great helms while the sergeants had conical helmets or kettle helms to set them aside from cav.

Didn't see there was mails chausse, so indeed Knights should have those and not sergeants.

The reason for transitional helmet not being use by infantry is that it is really protective ok but really much diminishing your senses (vision and hardness of hearing). Knights are most of the time fighting mounted so the advantage of this helm when mounted is far better than when fighting on foot where it becomes a disadvantage. That's why i said before it's a knight helm.

I like the new Huscarl !

Last edited:
The only new troops I don't like the look of are high tier ones like legionnaire and huskarl. Idk whether the new looks is more thematically fitting, but they just aren't as impressive. They should stand out more and be easy to tell they're high tier.
I think that the new Varyag look is alot more of what it should be. It's going away from the scandinavian viking look to a more realistic Rus viking approach.

I think that the new Varyag look is alot more of what it should be. It's going away from the scandinavian viking look to a more realistic Rus viking approach.
I get that, I just think they don't look high tier enough. They're supposed to be the best infantry in the game yet they appear some generic mid tier. I think they could reach some nice middle ground look between the current varyag and druzhinnik for something more appealing to my personal taste.

There's a version of the Varyag with a massive fur cloak that highlights the character's shoulders and covers their neck. If that was default, the Varyag would look a lot more menacing and cool. Also, they have no gloves for some reason - if they had some, that'd add to the general overall look.

Maybe they could differentiate each empire factions making one more western Empire style (using this helm
AxiosXiphos prefer) and one or two like now more "Byzantine" style.

Historically the picture of Jerald of Rivacheg depict a Byzantine soldier of 13 th century with a byzantion helmet. Could still be use in Bannerlord. It could be use also in one of the three empire faction.

That would actually be a really nice way of making the factions not 100% copy-pastes.

I think Vlandia for now is the most "illogical" faction, i've remade it to better illustratte how it should be:
vlandia_ettenrocal.jpg

Just read this from Wyzilla in Pacth Notes - b0.8.0 thread and i totally agree:

Didn't see there was mails chausse, so indeed Knights should have those and not sergeants.

The reason for transitional helmet not being use by infantry is that it is really protective ok but really much diminishing your senses (vision and hardness of hearing). Knights are most of the time fighting mounted so the advantage of this helm when mounted is far better than when fighting on foot where it becomes a disadvantage. That's why i said before it's a knight helm.

I like the new Huscarl !

Did you fought in such helmet to claim this bull**** ? I do, and it's fine. Helmets for Sergeants are ok. Sure, Knights should have mail chausse instead of sergeants but leave helmets alone, they are fine.

Did you fought in such helmet to claim this bull**** ? I do, and it's fine. Helmets for Sergeants are ok. Sure, Knights should have mail chausse instead of sergeants but leave helmets alone, they are fine.
i do too and i am not sure it the best helmet for infantry. Not only because the limited senses, the biggest problem is you get tired very fast because you cant breathe very well. I suppose mounted warriors dont get tired so fast.
And you can think that late medieval warrior did fight on foot with full closed helmets. But they were wearing full plate arneses so all their body was protected at the same level. Full helmet with a chain mail may not be as efficient, because while your head is very well protected, the rest of the body isnt at the same level. So you get the penalties of the full helmet and not all the benefits

I still think that they need a major rework on Sturgians Varyags
They can put on them Chainmail with Laminar armor and Mixing it with Nordic\Khazar Helmets with and without Chainmail masks.
Varyags right now do not look like an elite class
But on other factions its perfection except the Legionnaires but again its minor tweaks

Last edited:
I think fighting into reenactment is not exactly the same as fighting in the medieval times: a real batttle, in real conditions. But maybe you're a time traveller :rolleyes:. A sergeant in medieval army is more near of a high rank servitor/soldier than a sub officer like nowadays. Find me any historical pictures of medieval sergeant with such knights helmets ! I'm not the only one saying it's wrong for a sergeant getting this helmet. If it was an helm more with a faceplate i would be more mixed but this helmet is a knight helmet. My arguments and those of many others are more than "Bull****" i think.

the biggest problem is you get tired very fast because you cant breathe very well. I suppose mounted warriors dont get tired so fast.
This seems a very valid point too.

Last edited:
I have been researching about that helmet and its without doubt a cavalry helmet.
Its a flat top helmet, a variant of the great helmet, which was used by cavalry mostly for the charges. There are sorces that says that the wearers could even discard the helmet once they engage in melee, because it was weared over a small basic open helm called Cervelliere.

Source https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_helm and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cervelliere

The one in the game is Enclosed Helmet, father of the Great Helmet, and yes it used by the cavalry
I still think that the best helmet for Sergenet is the kettle helmet
If the game has kettle helmet with chainmail or chinguard\neckguard it will fit perfectly with the armor

@Piconi @CKyHC @Terco_Viejo Can you organize a special image manipulation week for the last 7 days of March? Therefore we can count down last 7 days of beta, together.

7 days, and 7 images/screenshots manipulated, and sharing each day one.
or
7 days, and 1 image/screenshot but (7) parts appears each day.

etc.

What do you think?

Qcpvk.jpg
It's a second Crusade era helmet, but it is essentially just a pre-Greathelm. It would be a Knightly helm not a footmans.

Zz_sU.jpg
I'd settle for padded hose and long split cavalry hauberks.

I think fighting into reenactment is not exactly the same as fighting in the medieval times: a real batttle, in real conditions. But maybe you're a time traveller :rolleyes:. A sergeant in medieval army is more near of a high rank servitor/soldier than a sub officer like nowadays. Find me any historical pictures of medieval sergeant with such knights helmets ! I'm not the only one saying it's wrong for a sergeant getting this helmet. If it was an helm more with a faceplate i would be more mixed but this helmet is a knight helmet. My arguments and those of many others are more than "Bull****" i think.
I'd swap the enclosed helm as the up-armoured (as it's a late 12th early 13th century helmet) and have an nasal Norman-style helm for the base Knight rather than the faceplate one. I'd just like to see more 11th century Norman style in Vlandia in general, first crusade at a push. They're edging into second crusade era already.

Jerald of Rivacheg Indeed, i totally agree with you and i would like too to see a Norman 11th century style for Vlandia, i was just trying to "fix" with historical logic the current troops. You can see in the old artwork for Vlandia they have a better norman 11th century style than now.

="Vlandia Artwork"
latest

And the iconic helm of Bannerlord that is not in Game !!! is norman from 11th 12th cenutry too.
mount-blade-ii-banner-5e4e79ad631c4.jpg

c10d8b82a029cc064d59cda70c816587.jpg

Qcpvk.jpg
It's a second Crusade era helmet, but it is essentially just a pre-Greathelm. It would be a Knightly helm not a footmans.

Zz_sU.jpg
I'd settle for padded hose and long split cavalry hauberks.

I'd swap the enclosed helm as the up-armoured (as it's a late 12th early 13th century helmet) and have an nasal Norman-style helm for the base Knight rather than the faceplate one. I'd just like to see more 11th century Norman style in Vlandia in general, first crusade at a push. They're edging into second crusade era already.

I agree on that, but again its a game after all, and we can mix some of the timeline.
That`s why i said kettel helmet will fit sergeant, and the Enclosed Helmet will fit the knight.
After all, the evolution of the knight helmets came from western europe, and that's what the vlandians represent

Jerald of Rivacheg Indeed, i totally agree with you and i would like too to see a Norman 11th century style for Vlandia, i was just trying to "fix" with historical logic the current troops. You can see in the old artwork for Vlandia they have a better norman 11th century style than now.

="Vlandia Artwork"
latest

And the iconic helm of Bannerlord that is not in Game !!! is norman from 11th 12th cenutry too.
mount-blade-ii-banner-5e4e79ad631c4.jpg

c10d8b82a029cc064d59cda70c816587.jpg
I agree with both of you, I would like to see 11th century Norman style for Vlandia too.

I agree on that, but again its a game after all, and we can mix some of the timeline.
That`s why i said kettel helmet will fit sergeant, and the Enclosed Helmet will fit the knight.
After all, the evolution of the knight helmets came from western europe, and that's what the vlandians represent

Exactly, it would just represent the era better - I understand, and yeah the artwork got me really excited to see them and the Bannerlord poster child with that Italo-Norman helm made me think we were talking Norman invasion of Italy at the latest for their inspiration but they seem to have gone further I assume to make them fit the perception of a Knight to those less obsessed about detail. I won't mind if these later style helms are rare top-tier singleplayer gear.

I'd say go up to the 1200 line for the helmets but there is a lot of variations missing from that chart that should be more dominant looks. Spangenhelm construction and single piece risen helms should also be distinguishable from one another to show wealth in Singleplayer. So only the knights should have risen helms the rest should probably be various riveted constructions for Multiplayer. But these are just nitpicks.

Last edited:
For the armor of the legionaries of the empire, these epimetheus designs of late roman army could be take it into consideration
etL1qMb.jpg
1Q0jpIF.jpg
ZDLZFyP.jpg
iV6iGI4.jpg

I think they should also remove the generic names of the infantry troops such as: "imperial trained infantrymen" and "Imperial infantry Veteran" and replace them with legionary, trained legionary and veteran legionary.

The design of the Vlandian knights are very good, but I think they would look better if heraldic designs were added to the horse's armor as well.

L3I22JP.jpg
48FQV5s.jpg
KxGNnBD.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom