Search results for query: *

• Users: jik
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. Calling a dialog from a script

Ok... I don't do much with dialogs, so I really don't know much about them  I know that in some mission_templates, if you use the action key when close too an agent, then it starts a dialog.  But what if I want to start a dialog from a script?  How do I call it?  Can I?
  2. More odd issues...

ok, so I have been having this problem with the music, now it seems that my mission end trigger is miss firing...  Here it is: pretty simple.  Now the oddest thing.  It worked fine before, but all of a sudden, when I finish the mission (all the zombies are dead and the player is still alive)...
  3. Changing Music in a scene

I was looking at the operations, and the play_track operation seems to allow a fade out into a new track: play_track                      = 601 # (play_track,<track_id>, [options]), # 0 = default, 1 = fade out current track, 2 = stop current track Has anyone gotten this to work?  I can't even...
  4. using the action key (F)

Is there a way to access the object (agent/item/etc.) that is selected when the action key (F) is pressed?
  5. making agents stand still -zombies eating people!

Is there a way to make agents stand still in a battle?  I need to force 1-6 agents to hold still while I run a specific animation on them.  The animation part is fine, but once the sequence is done, they start to move again.  I know there is a hold order, but it works on a class basis.  Is there...
  6. loop counters... annoying Local variable never used error

I have to admit, I really hate the lack of proper loop structures in the MS... There are instances where you need to loop a specific number of times, but the counter for the loop (try_for_range,":counter",1,10) is only there to count the iterations.  So when I compile I get the silly error that...
  7. party healing

I know there is a command to heal your whole party, this is not what I am looking for. During the game, as time passes, your party is healed.  How does this work?  I looked through simple triggers and found nothing.  I need to disable this if at all possible.  If not I'll have to trick it...
  8. too many troops!

Since the mod I am working on has troops that are for various "jobs", I have been manually spawning the troops to the scenes.  The first round works find, but it seems that if I have wounded, they are counted twice when adding the troops to the scene.  Here is the code I am using: I have...
  9. some scripted operations

Ok, may not be needed by many people, but I needed them, so here they are.  I put together 2 scripts (for now, may add more to the thread if I make more).  These are untested right now, since I am in the middle of coding where they are needed, but I thought I'd throw them out there for those...
  10. Party operations don't work in mission_templates?

I was trying to manually control the wounded party members (since I am doing a lot of things manually), and tried to run the party_wound_members operation, but I get odd results.  Do party operations not work in a mission_template?  I am about to move it into a game_menu call, but if this is the...
  11. Still issues with adding troop to a scene

Ok, may need a bit of experience with this one.  I am adding/spawning enemy troops to a scene while in the scene.  There are 2 ways that I can see to do this: OR The first works, and has been taken from code posted here.  The draw back is that it seems to not spawn a variety in the gear...
  12. parties joining in mission_templates

I have been looking through the native codes but either I am missing something or it's handled by the game engine.  What I need to do is modify the visitors for a scene to include the player's party only, since there is no enemy party to start with.  I am good with spawning the enemies later...
  13. agent_is_defender

does this check work even if the agent is dead/koed?
  14. spawning enemies in a scene

OK.  I've seen 2 ways to spawn troops during a battle.  First, I looked at the way it's done in the melee fights: the gist is they use this : (add_visitors_to_current_scene, ":random_entry_point", ":added_troop", 1), The only issue I see with this is it's hard to set the teams as you need to...
  15. Tournament Mini Mod

Looking at what's going into this tournament thing, I've decided to make it a mini mod. It will have 4 events: Archery Melee (1 on 1) Javelin (on horse back) Joust Archery: Archery is 4 rounds consisting of 3 arrows each.  The Target is set at a varying distance and angle.  The closer to the...
  16. modules_animations.py help

Ok, this will be the last time I ask. Still having issues with some of the horseback animations that are not listed in the module file, but are used in game.  Does anyone have knowledge about the animation flags? How does the game do horseback cheering, there is no animation for that listed...
  17. Ways to break a lance

Ok, aside from the animations not being right yet, one of the last steps I have is to ahve the lances break when a strike is made.  My first idea is to use a particle system to spray some wood fragments.  I assume (haven't checked the code yet) that you can remove a weapon from an agent, so on...
  18. Never seen this before...

I'm getting an RGL error that says: Unexpected End of File while reading file: Modules\Bloodlines\menus.txt It has to be in one of my jousting menus, but I don't see the issue...  It compiles with no errors... Thanks in advance for the help...
  19. Long term use of regs?

I am seeing a need for my self of some global (short term) variables, which I believe the reg and s variables are used for, but I want to make sure I'm not stepping on toes. For example, reg0 usually holds the value of a spawned object.  But in general, are regs (and string regs) just a short...
  20. What will return to a script

Ok, I'm about to do the setup for my tournaments, and wanted to know a few things. To avoid having to create a mess of global vars, is it possible for things like menus and mission_templates to return back to the script that called them?  Either that or make a dummy party/other M&B object, and...
Back
Top Bottom