Search results for query: *

1. Cookie Eating Huskarl

Reverence: FPS Melee with Full Control of your Movement

Better integration with modern devices would be one :lol:
  2. Cookie Eating Huskarl

The Anime/Manga Thread

Oh man, I liked that GATE started from the prelude, but they skimmed it just like the manga. Although I do like that they made Itami resemble a person more in the anime instead of the die hard bruce willis rip off he is in the manga.

In the LN, IIRC Itami only had the prefecture's police to defend the imperial palace for 2 full days before the JSDF managed to mobilized. Both the manga and anime made it look like the cavalry arrived the same day the gate opened.
  3. Cookie Eating Huskarl

What be on yer noggin?

Docm30 supposedly having fun? What sort of heresy am I witnessing here?
  4. Cookie Eating Huskarl

What be on yer noggin?

Bluehawk said:
    The first time he over spoke to the nation was the pre-recorded broadcast announcing Japan's unconditional surrender.
    Oh come on, the emperor wasn't some magical unicorn locked up in the palace
    He's done plenty of decrees before. The "jeweled voice" broadcast was just the first time he used his own voice to address the Japanese public

Edit: Though to be fair, that is more of an Asian cultural thing. It is beneath. Someone of the emperor's stature to address the public with his own voice. By doing so during the surrender, he's particularly showing the public that he fully endorses the surrender and the public should do so as well. Decrees can be contested. The will of the emperor cannot.

;
  5. Cookie Eating Huskarl

What be on yer noggin?

Arvenski said:
    Dodes said:
    There was also the option of a conditional surrender, which the Japanese had offered, but quite possibly that may have been even worse in the long-term.
    Huh, I don't remember hearing about that. What were their conditions?
    He meant "had been offered". The Japanese were already offered a 6 term conditional surrender at the start of the larger firebombing campaign. The Emperor responded via that speech asking Japanese civilians to commit suicide over being made prisoner (according to records of his unofficial meetings, it was because he feared the Americans treating their prisoners well will in turn cause defectors).

jacobhinds said:
    Epicrules said:
    And the atomic bombings were by far the best solution in the long-run. It cut down the 10,000,000 projected total casualties from a mainland campaign to less than 250,000.

This was discussed at length in the sage's guild and as Jhess pointed out somewhere, the 10 million casualties were an insane overestimation that tried to extrapolate the asymmetric battles of Iwo Jima to the entire war.
    If anything, the American side will probably face morale issues after incidents like the suicide cliff and banzai cliff where non-combatants committed mass suicide. Death toll, will obviously fall a lot shorter than 10 million.
  6. Cookie Eating Huskarl

Fallout 4

But by budget, I'll still say TES is the falcon here. Jowood was literally dodging bankruptcy left and right in order to continue pumping out the Gothic series (which shouldn't surprise you why 3 was watered down so badly).
  7. Cookie Eating Huskarl

Fallout 4

Yes, they're not spears. And spears are something that was in previous TES that was subtracted from Skyrim for no real reason really when Howard likes to claim they like variety and their fans. Personally I'm more unhappy about taking out unarmed and making it a sideshow. It used to be possible to be so good in hand in hand that everyone was knocked out on the floor without stamina (so even if they woke up again, they wouldn't be effective in combat). But I guess having everyone knocked out doesn't fit with their deathblow killcam since that runs on a health depletion and not stamina (not saying they could just jury rig the system to work with stamina depletion when entity is barefisted since that would be a) too much work and b) make bar brawls too cool)
  8. Cookie Eating Huskarl

Fallout 4

No, it's a dwarf halfswording. Give it a greatsword and it'll do the same.
  9. Cookie Eating Huskarl

Fallout 4

An NPC race entity that could be coded with their own unique animation skellingtons used them as spears. As for as the rest of the Skyrim universe is concerned, nobody knows how to make or use spears. Please.

Plus, the melee riekling spear on a riekling is used as a greatsword with one locked attack animation, which means funnily enough, you can make riekling carry giant clubs.

10. Cookie Eating Huskarl

What be on yer noggin?

A booster? Or we're talking something that physically stores wifi signals, because that would be novel indeed.
  11. Cookie Eating Huskarl

Fallout 4

Havoc said:
    Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
    Spears. And unarmed. They don't seem to be in any chest in skyrim.

I'm pretty sure you can actually find mini spears in chests in the Dragon Born DLC.
    Please, those are arrows.
  12. Cookie Eating Huskarl

What be on yer noggin?

Then just act the fool. And you probably shouldn't be telling us here and all. TW not exactly being anonymous and all.
  13. Cookie Eating Huskarl

What be on yer noggin?

Havoc said:
    That moment when you're repairing the phone of one of the most important/powerful people in the company you work for and you find an image or two that could destroy his/her entire life.
    Rather, if you don't have the resources yourself to spread said image or have someone else hold on to it for insurance while you blackmail the guy or publicize it, here's how the situation will more likely go down.

He calls up a few more people in positions in similarly power in the industries/bodies that you'll need probably go through to get the news out once he realizes you have it, you get fired for inane bull**** or someone else cooks something up so they can fire you while that someone gets special treatment and you'll be blacklisted from whatever industry you currently work for because no one (not only American Ghetto inhabitants) likes snitches. Plus since it's not CP, the police don't automatically take interest in it (unless it's him making a snuff film). Your other best bet are reporters, the more tabloid-ly, the better since mainstream news will pick up anything real they missed that tabloids covered.
  14. Cookie Eating Huskarl

Fallout 4

BenKenobi said:
    Bringing Gothic anywhere near TES is like comparing Millenium Falcon to Wright's Flyer.
    Nope. The subject used here is fully applicable. TES claims a proper use of AI with their own daily schedule and needs, but still fall short of what Gothic did more than a decade before Skyrim came out (I think skyrim is the first TES with true idle AI, given that I only remember skyrim having labourers actually working). Gothic was ironically one of those RPG that was fun as hell to play with its clunky, but RP wise fair combat system that got worse when they casualized it.
  15. Cookie Eating Huskarl

Screenshot Mega Thread

More Neoscavenger on a new character (played much more conservatively)

6BED0CC5E42A7463250838B9E089E0E1B997E8E1
    3B553C2DBD9FCA239F820C5F8CF7D7F67E20D130

I spent two full turns (equivalent of 2 hours, with 1 AP representing ~12 minutes) chasing him around while intimidating him and demanding he surrender (Poor guy only had arrows because his bow broke on the first turn he tried firing at me). At one point before the screenshot was taken, in the combat screen, he just went full naked and retreated from me when I decided him getting naked was probably a reason to try to talk to him. I was obviously confuse as to the sudden change so I tried checking my inventory and walla. Everything he was carrying is on the floor. I didn't think he could just surrender mid-combat like that since the PC surrendering still relies on NPC response to see if combat ends. :lol:
  16. Cookie Eating Huskarl

Fallout 4

Spears. And unarmed. They don't seem to be in any chest in skyrim.
  17. Cookie Eating Huskarl

Screenshot Mega Thread

Reus said:
    Wellenbrecher said:
    Neo Scavenger
    Danke schön.
    That character of mine is now dead. The progression towards his death was akin to a madness spire in DF. If you'll want to see it, I'll be arsed to post most screenshots of me slowly dying of sepsis, internal hemorrhaging and an infected wound.
  18. Cookie Eating Huskarl

Screenshot Mega Thread

E37EBF1A9400199032001DAC68DBA54D33FD6677

Yes, my character has a staple diet of dogmen and horrors.
  19. Cookie Eating Huskarl

What pissed you off today v. V

Vraelomon said:
    Like I said, not fast enough.
Back
Top Bottom