What pissed you off today v. V

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Vegas crashed (like it frequently does with Lamb's modpack, annoyingly enough), and now most GUIs and text are pretty messed up.

CjMXMTd.jpg
jhI6Xha.jpg

Note the extremely oversized text. Can't find any fix whatsoever and I'm thoroughly annoyed.

EDIT: Here's a screenshot of Boone from a couple hours ago that I took for no reason whatsoever, for comparison.
2r6Rmbw.jpg

EDIT2: Problem solved.

Turns out the .ini got overwritten somehow on crash, fixed it by modifying the default [Fonts] header in all 3 .ini files to what they should be with DarnUI

Code:
[Fonts]
;sFontFile_1=Textures\Fonts\Glow_Monofonto_Large.fnt
sFontFile_1=Textures\Fonts\DarN_FranKleinBold_14.fnt
;sFontFile_2=Textures\Fonts\Monofonto_Large.fnt
sFontFile_2=Textures\Fonts\DarN_FranKleinBold_16.fnt
sFontFile_3=Textures\Fonts\Glow_Monofonto_Medium.fnt
;sFontFile_4=Textures\Fonts\Monofonto_VeryLarge02_Dialogs2.fnt
sFontFile_4=Textures\Fonts\DarN_Sui_Generis_Otl_10.fnt
sFontFile_5=Textures\Fonts\Fixedsys_Comp_uniform_width.fnt
;sFontFile_6=Textures\Fonts\Glow_Monofonto_VL_dialogs.fnt
sFontFile_6=Textures\Fonts\DarN_Sui_Generis_Otl_13.fnt
;sFontFile_7=Textures\Fonts\Baked-in_Monofonto_Large.fnt
sFontFile_7=Textures\Fonts\DarN_Libel_Suit_Otl_24.fnt
sFontFile_8=Textures\Fonts\Glow_Futura_Caps_Large.fnt
sFontFile_9=Textures\Fonts\NVFont_Test.fnt

Druidic said:
All red/orange messages in a Prophesy of Pendor battle.
Who were you fighting, and what sort of troops did you have? Not that I can guarantee being able to provide any good advice, though; I haven't played Pendor in years. :razz:

I usually get to the point where my army, however big or small it is, usually kicks the crap out of any other army, including lords.

They're not the cause though. Turns out I wasn't paying attention when holding down ctrl+space (The way to speed up the game so you don't sit through land travel) and I run into a Heretic army (I haven't saved since 2 battles ago, when I fought off assaults by Ravenstern into Fierdsvain territory.). Ultimately I decided to fight the battle, and get my positions ready.
:facepalm:
Archers are at the front, with infantry and cavalry close behind. Default tactic. The archers mow down anything in front of their line and the Cavalry clean up the mess, while the infantry cover the archers if they don't mow down the enemy.
:ohdear:
I forgot that Heretic armies had demon warriors, and so I was greeted to a large stampede of heavy, non-human cavalry that didn't even flinch towards the swarm of arrows. So my infantry are sent to cover them. Not less than 2 minutes everyone seems to die, including my cavalry which I forgot all about in my rage.
:evil:
Epicrules said:
This is the way of Pendor. It should not piss you off - you have just been inducted to the community.
Well, it was worth it in the end.  :party:

Ugh. I'd forgotten about Heretics and demons. I'd also forgotten about how huge armies are in that mod. I think I only fought against demons a few times, and the one time the I can recall I had plenty of help from friendly lords. My only advice, if you end up fighting them again, would be to get the archers out of the way, since they're just going to get mowed down by the charge if left in the front, and to form a thick (a maybe 3 ranks deep) infantry shieldwall with the infantry as close together as possible (via the "stand closer" order). That way, when the cavalry hit your infantry, they're more likely to be stopped, and your men can start working them over. I'm probably not telling you anything you don't already know, but that's what came to mind.

Also, remember what key you've got quicksave bound to, and hit it often. The ability to save whenever you're on the world map (assuming you selected "Allow me to quit without saving" when creating your character) is there for a reason. :razz:

You mean casualty messages? I do, because I want to know if and when my prize troops are dying like fish on a beach. Sometimes I'll turn them off when I play multiplayer, though, because then they can just be screen-spam. For singleplayer, I usually leave casualty and damage messages on, but I turn off shot difficulty and experience messages.

The one that's a big immersion breaker for me is the one that shows the banners above friendly troops. As long as I don't have the same units as the enemy, I keep that off.

by saws woken,
I now feel broken

Srsly I went to bed at like 1:13 and got woken by a neighbour possibly machinesawing something at 7:45. I can't be having with that

Why can't people be bothered to use google?

[quote author= still on vikings in youtube] They used loads of spears for the Englishmen, since they are the ones that used it, the vikings barely used spears at all, light axes and swords that you could hold in one hand.[/quote]

First google result:

http://www.hurstwic.org/history/articles/manufacturing/text/viking_spear.htm

Because YouTube's the last bastion of the armchair historian. It's years behind in every respect and such classic oldies as the katana-machine-gun myth, the flat earth myth myth and the invincible spartans myth still persist over there.

Probably has something to do with how difficult it is to reply to people.

There's enough Illuminati, alien, ghost, religious, and conspiracy theories and "proof" on Youtube to put History Channel in vittles for 5 or 6 years without commercials.

I visit an elderly woman weekly and God, peoples around her are such greedy evil *******.
Her lover just died.
Before he died his daughter removed 300 000$ from his bank account.
He had Alzheimer's and his ****ty daughter abused his trust.
Said daughter is the reason he died.
She made him live in a cheap subpar neglecting old peoples home.
He died because they fed him foods his doctor said he wasn't allowed to eat.
Then the daughter tried to steal the inheritance from the elderly woman I talk to.
She succeeded in stealing 50 000$ from the elderly woman.

The daughter succeeded in doing all of this because she had VERY expensive lawyers.

There is no justice in this world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom