What be on yer noggin?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but anyway - I have some important news!

I invented a little box that your charge up with wifi and take with you so that you'll have wifi in places that doesn't have wifi.

It physically stores the wifi for later use and has a little gauge on the side to tell you how much wifi you have left.

Teofish said:
Yeah, been bloody unbearable today. 30 pissing C's and humid as ****.

Sounds pretty bad, but I still can't shake my urge to complain about how the good weather always stays south of Dovre. I really want to go swimming but it's been to  cold all summer. Could be shaping up now though.

Urgrevling said:
Teofish said:
Yeah, been bloody unbearable today. 30 pissing C's and humid as ****.

Sounds pretty bad, but I still can't shake my urge to complain about how the good weather always stays south of Dovre. I really want to go swimming but it's been to  cold all summer. Could be shaping up now though.
You're bloody welcome to it.

Havoc said:
It physically stores the wifi for later use and has a little gauge on the side to tell you how much wifi you have left.
That does sound like a recipe for getting showered with cash, if you manage to pull it off.
Unfortunately, I've not got any ideas. If you're a big player in the telecom industry, maybe you could encode "wi-fi" through the cell network and move it around like that, though if that were feasible, it would've probably been done (and that's probably what "mobile internet" is). I'm thinking about attaching something to your home router, then carrying the "wi-fi" box around with you, with the two of them paired up in some sort of a VLAN, as if you're home.
But that's probably an impossible/very difficult thing to do. I've got no knowledge of how cell networks operate, after all.

@weathertalk: I was going to laugh at all the UK people's intolerance to heat and underline how terrible it is around here in my Bulgarian home base, but today's a fair 25°, and yesterday was similar with a bit of showers at some point, and then I saw how hot it's been over there, so I'll say nothing. (My phone is also convinced that I'm in the middle of a thunderstorm right now, with the sun shining outside, which makes everything even stranger.)

I live right next to a lake so it's usually somewhat humid, but since it's been raining for the last literal 40 days or so it's been unbearably humid.

krik said:
I live right next to a lake so it's usually somewhat humid, but since it's been raining for the last literal 40 days or so it's been unbearably humid.
It's what you deserve for rebelling against your rightful Mexican overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom