Stop Raging At Clans For Playing In Groups - They Aren't The Problem

Users who are viewing this thread

I agree with some of your post, though I do want to clarify that the most recent combat update turned the game into a spam fest for pvp and crushthroughs are pissing people off, especially good players because it can be the difference between a clutch and you putting up a correct block but because of "realism" it goes through and kills you anyways.
I know. I play skirmish as well.

I agree that it's probably wiser to get things together in skirmish first, since it's the more basic mode and one the straight up pvp has been balanced and worked out, balancing captain shouldn't affect skirmish balance too much.

The devs have failed to establish why making 2 different sets of classes for each mode would be an impossibility. It is very much possible to just make skirmish focused classes that work well in small 1 on 1 combat, and then have a separate set of classes specifically catered toward captain mode balance. Both groups would be happy, and the coding effort required to make this change would be minimal.

As you have mentioned making changes in the game affects all game modes AND Single Player because they all use the same core of the game where all simulations and combat happens. We can not split the game mechanics for different game modes but we will always make adjustments where it is necessary.
Would you think different perk options (and troop count difference) be enough or would it require more separate balancing?

The basic combat parameters and game mechanics would be the exact same across all modes, but the classes and perks would be different. Perfect solution. @AVRC

You could even have 2 tabs in the Armory section of the Multiplayer menu one that says [Skirmish] the other [Captain] If I click on [Skirmish] tab I will be shown the different classes for skirmish mode, what all their equipment and perks are, etc. And then if I click on [Captain] a whole new set of unit classes would appear with different weapons/armor and different perks designed specifically for captain mode. In this way you gaurentee that if anyone is ever confused about which unit is good or what the classes are, they have a place that will explain to them in detail the different classes. That way there can be no claims that having 2 different sets of classes will be "too overwhelming" for casual players, as some developers from TaleWorlds have suggested.

The basic combat parameters and game mechanics would be the exact same across all modes, ONLY the classes and perks would be different.

Below are just some mock-hypothetical differences you could accomplish, and are not actual suggested value adjustments.

Skirmish:
Warrior: Stats - 100 Hitpoints, 25 movespeed, 22 armor. Perks - 2-handed axe, shield, 1-handed spear.
Brigand: Stats - 95 Hitpoints, 29 movespeed, 15 armor. 4 Starting javelins. Perks - Extra javelins+2, Strong javelins, improved armor.

Captain:
Warrior: Stats - 120 Hitpoints, 23 movespeed, 17 armor. Perks - Strong Shield, 2-handed Spear, +4 additional units(Reinforcements).
Brigand: Stats - 135 Hitpoints, 32 movespeed, 13 armor. 8 Starting javelins. Perks - Extra javelins +4, Longsword, Bigger shield.

If you are worried about them having the same name and causing confusion, just change the name of the captain classes. From warrior to soldier, from Brigand to Bandit. Problem solved. We captain mode players would gladly take time out of our days to help design these new classes and perks if you need any extra help.
And finally to reiterate one final time to get my point across:

The basic combat parameters and game mechanics would be the exact same across all modes, ONLY the classes and perks would be different.

Please tell me this is something that is achievable, because if not I find it very unlikely that you will ever create an enjoyable experience for both modes simultaneously. As long as the two modes share the same perks and classes, the Skirmish side will be happy for a short time, until changes meant for Captain ruin the balance of their mode, and then the Captain side will be happy for a short time, until the balance patch designed for Skirmish comes around and ruins the balance yet again, then Skirmishers will be happy once more and the cycle repeats on and on and on and back and forth until both sides get fed up with it.

If having different perks / classes is not possible, will someone explain to me why Berserkers in Skirmish have a light shield that spawns on their unit, whereas in Captain mode, only the "captain" unit spawns in with this light shield? It seems to me this distinction is VERY possible, and we have evidence for it.

Last edited:
If we keep suggesting it maybe they'll listen eventually.
The underlying systems of the game feel very hardcoded. This can be clearly evident from having the same class system for both modes or even the servers crashing after each round. I think this would take an entire rework of the multiplayer code that could take months, and unfortunately because of this I don't think we will ever see any separation between captain and skirmish. Considering all of the changes from EA launch to now were only minor fixes or slight combat changes I doubt any complete overhaul on the games systems will ever happen.

The underlying systems of the game feel very hardcoded. This can be clearly evident from having the same class system for both modes or even the servers crashing after each round. I think this would take an entire rework of the multiplayer code that could take months, and unfortunately because of this I don't think we will ever see any separation between captain and skirmish. Considering all of the changes from EA launch to now were only minor fixes or slight combat changes I doubt any complete overhaul on the games systems will ever happen.
If they ever want to create a multiplayer experience that lasts for more than 1 year, they should definitely consider recoding mp.
I maintain the stance that it is literally impossible to balance a small scale 1 on 1 focused mode and at the same time balance a mode that is focused on large scale battles using the same classes and perks. Surely, they can just add additional perks that are locked behind whatever game-mode the game detects you playing and the same goes for the classes, i'm not a coding expert but it seems to me this is something that shouldn't be too difficult, and is definitely worth coding in to their game.

Last edited:
The server is not actually crashing at the end of game, it's rather shutting down because they use dynamic cloud based servers afaik, these are not real dedicated servers. But they said they are working on them, let's just hope it won't take forever while having the needed features for administration and customization

The solution is very simple, if you are a noob and you are tired of losing to clans
....you should form your own clan, get better and play... that's what i did.. i remember a few months ago i was alone, non of my friends played the game and i was left alone with a team of randoms and ended up losing many battles.. than i started making friends with other regular players.. and we decided to join each other.. and we met other good players, we noticed we had lots off fun playing together and we were great.. and last month we decided to form a clan, and we win alot, we also play against many teams full of casual players and they complain about our clan and call us "noobs" and other bad names, but we are just enjoying the game.. the solution is really not complain just adapt and have fun i guess?

I think so. Party up or quit, it is extremely unfriendly for the new players.
Anytime i'm in a stack I try to invite the new players to come join the community so they don't have to face stacks alone, we give them a place to form their own stack and meet new captains mode players. The sad truth is the game is just far more enjoyable with a coordinated team. In-game voice chat may help with this to be honest, as right now unless you're in one of the discord groups you are forced to negotiate with your allies via txt chat.

Back
Top Bottom