SP - Battles & Sieges My formation suggestions: Improved troop control system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Just wanted to bump this, because I thought it was one of the best suggestions so far to improve control over formations.

Also, just wanted to add that in order for the interface not to crow too much the screen, you could cut the original formations symbols on the top-mid of your screen by half and then put the sub groups below.
Yeah , i read right now Sprinkling the strategy: Advanced tactics with radial menu and just in shock like these 2 threads, can change fights beyond recognition. Thank you for the initiative.

bump!
added:
sBzzy2q.png
qVMYvEm.png
YcsGrZM.png
92Tidg7.png
This will be the default behavior for bots if we give them the "Charge" command. Horse archers, cavalry, and side groups of infantry and archers will attack the enemy from the side, and groups of infantry and archers in the middle will attack the enemy in the middle.
Thus, instead of 1 point of contact of troops (as now), we will have several points of contact of troops, between which we can move and help our soldiers to break through the front.
V0FlHDx.png
AI will never be able to fight as chaotically as people in multiplayer, so in order for the battles to be more dynamic, you need to make more formations, in our case add groups to the formations. Remember the battle of people in the "Siege" mode in multiplayer, especially when the battle takes place on the only point G, what chaos occurs in the battle just like in "Battle of the bastards" from Game of Thrones, then remember the battle in singleplayer, where soldiers run straight each other and the battle is over in minutes.

One thing that I would like to add is a reserve option in the army menue which would only take part in the battle if we would otherwise loose. This would give us the option to spare troops for quests (borrowed troops, peasants in the "Deliver herd to xy" quest), companions or troops that we absolutely don`t want to risk loosing.

Back
Top Bottom