"Give it some time, it's early access!!!" - The Meme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pretty sure the 2016 delay was for multiplayer. That was the year they said it wasn't planned to be released with the game, then they got massive backlash and shorty afterwards from the 2016 games-con the game was delayed till 2018/2019 then the release date was left blank, then we got beta in 2019 for multiplayer and now we have EA. Features get lost all the time, but on the other hand features that specifically said they wouldn't be in the EA on steam and in forums have actually ended up in EA like kingdom management screen, and the custom weapons. Additionally, there is no reason that they wouldn't have a list of features they are working on, but are not complete enough to run smoothly and so haven't been pushed to the latest build yet. Most of their focus has been for prepping for release the last 6 months and that pretty much came to working on multiplayer, ports, and probably smashing whatever they could out of the dev cycle into their latest publishable build.

A lot of people forget Warband was a particularly nasty piece of work on its release too, but got much better over a couple months including a complete rework of the combat animations, multiplayer overhauls and additions of features like feasts and stuff, and back then they had what? a studio of like 20 at most if IIRC. Furthermore for the longest time, they hadn't passed 50 people I think on Bannerlord's development for the first 4-5 years too IIRC. A lot of people like to use the size of a dev team as a complaint at launch, but its really not indicative of the average workforce over the development pipeline. I am not too worried about the missing features not coming in, because its in roughly the same state as Warband's release, but with way more development power behind it now at release.
Ah I see, multiplayer would explain the delay. Good points. And yeah lets hope they keep fixing it as fast as they have.

Its also your fault for not understanding that you paid for it. What you complain about is what exactly Armand said about the reason for EA was in the 2019 gamescon and what was stated on the very main page of Taleworlds, that maybe you should wait, if your picky. So complaining because you did a blind buy on your own will is childish. You could have waited no more than a day and searched forums for peoples reviews of it and tried to cipher real information to help you decide on whether you wanted to wait or not. you know.. like an actual consumer.

What is my fault?

A good thing to keep in mind is everyone should be allowed to think what they want on the issue of the game's state.

Personally, I find the game fun and am on the side of 'it's early access, give it time', but I still find validity and common ground with people who think it should have been delayed. It's better to be civil about the issue, even if you disagree like Swadians and Rhodoks than to start bashing each other for zero reason.

This is what they call an paid beta. All the eagerly waiting fans just paid 40 denars to join the beta and make the game playable.

It's a new taleworld concept. Get used to it.

plebs who obviously dont know what EA means...

for a proper game you should have waited for full release like devs said, but nah, buy EA and cry like imbecile around.

>Eagerly waiting for release
>8 years
>Game launches, 40 denars
>buy it
>launch it
>it crashes
>infinite loading screens
>lack of content
>Broken party speeds, no accompany option, few quests, some broken
>disappointment
>express worries about it on the forums

>"fans" doing the 4D Chess Galaxy brain move:
Bannerlordsad.png
You should've waited till you could see what it was like before you got it

I somewhat agree, but the team is quite large, yes not as large as huge rockstar 500 man teams, but they have like 80 people in their staff. And yes its EA, but the massive amount of basic features that were supposed to be in are all missing. I kind of find it hard to believe they will add 80% of the features in a year when they did not add them so far. However what does give me hope for the full release is that even modders like Quintillus made Nova Aetas in just a few years, and that has a thousand times more features than bannerlord.

Yeah its strange how 4 years seem to have done little, as the 2016 gameplay videos showed pretty much the exact game we see now. However, I disagree that they shouldn't have released EA, since it will give them great feedback for the rest of the developement, also the price tag is obviously going to be near the full price (20% off still pretty good), since if they offer it for pennies on the dollar, they would lose most of their revenue. Its like saying if you buy a car while it still being built, you only have to pay 50%... The idea is, only buy the car in developement if you want to see the progress and try the buggy mess out.

I always see this. Gamers tend to discount the amount of work that goes into building a whole new engine. You realize that many AAA companies (and almost all non-AAA) don't even have their own game engines right? Most of them piggyback off engines like Unreal or Cryengine, because the effort & money it takes to build an engine is very substantial. There's a reason a CryEngine license costs >$1 million USD.

I think I have the same stance as most people here: I think the game is great but needs a lot of fixing at the same time. It looks like the dev team is listening and doing changes fast. (Like they have ninja-fixed exploits super fast, like too good workshop income, train charm skill, trade and rougery a bit fast, and that looters were not world champions at rock throwing, but now they are)

The game was supposed to be released in 2016 if memory serves but they kept delaying it in order to give us a polished product, wasn't it like that? Now they give us EA that shouldn't be even released as EA because it's so much bugged and they demand a full price - reminder -this is the price of the full version. But comon "iT'S brOkEn beCaUse It's eA, iT hAs tO be BrOkeN, iF yOu dOnT lIkE iT, dOnT buY iT aNd wAiT fEw MoRe yEaRs.
I believe the team made a statement saying they would release it when they believed it would be ready enough, the EA has been enormously useful I reckon, they now have thousands of players to test for bugs and give feedback. They made it full price so people wouldn't be enticed into buying it before it's ready, basically promising that they will have a full game and it won't be ditched.

Back
Top Bottom