Recent content by James

1. James

[Photo Contest] Photo Contest

If I end up leaving this forum soon, you're definitely gonna help the decision.
  2. James

My theory on life on other planets

Scientists have suggested there may be something called 'dark matter', which while invisible (hence, dark, black, whatever), has mass, which would provide enough gravity to slow the expansion of the universe. It's just that they haven't been able to prove this theory. Science is all theories, anyway, though. The universe might continue expanding until all energy converts to heat, too. Who knows? Not I.
  3. James

gamerwiz09 said:
    James said:
    A brief search here shows up ~4000 articles. Surely some of them will have the correct answers.

But not all of them? I suppose you're referring to the ones that support your claims, and ignoring any other possibilities. Tell you what, when someone makes a reconstruction of the Great Pyramid, or Pumapunku, then I'll believe the ancient people did it.

No, by 'some', I meant the ones that are actually relevant to the topic. I'm sure you'll agree that "Limestone weathering of historical monuments in Cairo, Egypt" is not useful in this discussion.

James said:
    Lord Krashnok said:
    I was just expecting someone to show or tell me the flaws of my stated theory, but then it turned into a pyramid discussion with people saying that its "fact" there arent aliens.

Nope, it's not fact that there aren't aliens, but it's nigh on 100% fact that even aliens in our galaxy would not have the technology to contact us, let alone have been able to travel to our planet in the span of time humans have existed (especially during the so-called civilizations of old).
    Did you just certifiably say, with confidence, as a fact, that you know what resources or technology a alien species would have access to? Now how would you know that? Unless you were an alien yourself of course! But then you would have just proved yourself wrong!
    Actually, it's based on simple probability. Carl Sagan, in Cosmos (the show) talks about, for reference.

Lord Krashnok said:
    First off there are not an infinite number of stars, there are quite many make no mistake, but it is hardly infinite. As this is the case, your first point is moot, it is not impossible for there to be only life on one planet.
    For more information, please see the Drake equation for a very brief overview.

Uhhm yes there are an infinite number of stars, the galaxy never ends. No begging, no end. (IE: Infinite)
    And unless someone finds the end of the cosmos, then its infinite.
    Not to mention it's also continuously ever-expanding.
    Um, the galaxy does end, the universe might end, and the expansion may possibly eventually stop. Scientists are unsure. Sorry.
  4. James

Oyipggy said:
    EDIT: And no James, scientists are not credible. They're paid by the government. Which government? Any one of them, they all want us to die while hiding the awful truth from us.

Random websites with drawings are always credible.

Ha, just saw this. Yeah, my mistake. I forgot.
  5. James

Lord Krashnok said:
    I was just expecting someone to show or tell me the flaws of my stated theory, but then it turned into a pyramid discussion with people saying that its "fact" there arent aliens.

Nope, it's not fact that there aren't aliens, but it's nigh on 100% fact that even aliens in our galaxy would not have the technology to contact us, let alone have been able to travel to our planet in the span of time humans have existed (especially during the so-called civilizations of old).
    Lord Krashnok said:
    James said:
    A brief search here shows up ~4000 articles. Surely some of them will have the correct answers.

Did you even read the whole topic? It didnt start out to be a Pyramid discussion.
    Actually, I was responding to Oyi, giving him some backup. But yeah. Feel free to search for 'extraterrestrials'.
  6. James

7. James

Lord Krashnok said:
    So unless something that came from the someone who works for the government (saying that the government doesn't want us to know the truth about anything) you don't believe it? WOW. Thats ironic, you only believe stuff if it was released from a lying government. You might as well start believing in NASA next.
    BFFFFAAAHAHAHAH!

As far as I am aware, the institutions known as universities are rather separate from the government. Some of the people who work at these universities are called scientists, who are educated by these universities to think for themselves, and to question everything. Put that together with the fact that they're publishing articles reviewed by similar people in often university-run publications (and better, of course), and I think you've got some reliable data.

You'd probably be able to find some articles about some of your bunk, but honestly, you'd probably find a bunch more in response blasting the **** out of it.

EDIT:
    Lord Krashnok said:

REALLY?!?
  8. James

Tchyeah....mmkaay.
  9. James

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Thanks for the lulz, man.

Maybe when you provide sources next time, you could do so with some that have been academically peer-reviewed maybe? Something believable? No, just kidding, I know you can't....
  10. James

Guitar Tuner

http://www.seventhstring.com/tuner/tuner.html
  11. James

Random Poll

If one is attracted to a gay guy as a woman, I would say one is heterosexual, but confused. Sexually speaking, a female is attracted to a male here. Likewise, a guy attracted to lesbians is straight.

Why one would have surgery to have sex with a man (or vice versa), when it's already perfectly feasible under the current circumstances is beyond me. Just find a gay man (or lesbian) willing to have sex with you (bi, I suppose).

Now, another poser (just as silly): if a gay man is attracted to masculinity, and is feminine, and a lesbian is attracted to femininity, and is masculine, would they work as a couple?
  12. James

Photo Contest Voting

31? Really?
  13. James

What did you learn today?

Huh. Never expected to see this again....
  14. James

2143yjc.jpg
  15. James

Dating Thread, v. I

Tamuli said:
    Lol, James is whipped  :lol: jk
    Eh, I'm okay with it.

Seriously, I enjoy doing nice things for the person I love, and if that's what 'whipped' entails, then I'm all for it.
Back
Top Bottom