My theory on life on other planets

Users who are viewing this thread

Lord Krashnok said:

Yep. That may have been too stupid of a post to respond to. It's good to see I don't visit these forums for several months and there are still things like this going on.

EDIT: And no James, scientists are not credible. They're paid by the government. Which government? Any one of them, they all want us to die while hiding the awful truth from us.

Random websites with drawings are always credible.

Oyipggy said:
Lord Krashnok said:

Yep. That may have been too stupid of a post to respond to. It's good to see I don't visit these forums for several months and there are still things like this going on.

I was just expecting someone to show or tell me the flaws of my stated theory, but then it turned into a pyramid discussion with people saying that its "fact" there arent aliens.

Lord Krashnok said:
James said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Thanks for the lulz, man.

Maybe when you provide sources next time, you could do so with some that have been academically peer-reviewed maybe? Something believable? No, just kidding, I know you can't....

So unless something that came from the someone who works for the government (saying that the government doesn't want us to know the truth about anything) you don't believe it? WOW.

Scientists are part of the government now?

That's ironic, you only believe stuff if it was released from a lying government. You might as well start believing in NASA next.

You do realize that while you may be as skeptical as you want about what some people in the scientific community believe, their papers usually go through a gauntlet of peer reviews, including people who want to prove them wrong. Papers in scientific journals are infinitely better than every link that has been posted in his thread, baring the Drake Equation. It's quite strange how you abhor the methods of carefully reviewed scientific papers while tossing all that skepticism aside when you read something you like.

Lord Krashnok said:
Oyipggy said:
Lord Krashnok said:

I was just expecting someone to show or tell me the flaws of my stated theory, but then it turned into a pyramid discussion with people saying that its "fact" there arent aliens.

I did give you a rebuttal to your opening post, did you miss it again?

Lord Krashnok said:

Nope, it's not fact that there aren't aliens, but it's nigh on 100% fact that even aliens in our galaxy would not have the technology to contact us, let alone have been able to travel to our planet in the span of time humans have existed (especially during the so-called civilizations of old).
Lord Krashnok said:
James said:
A brief search here shows up ~4000 articles. Surely some of them will have the correct answers.

Did you even read the whole topic? It didnt start out to be a Pyramid discussion.
Actually, I was responding to Oyi, giving him some backup. But yeah. Feel free to search for 'extraterrestrials'.

You're looking for credibility and vindication on a gaming forum :lol:?

Seems like the best place to find people for this kind of stuff.

First off there are not an infinite number of stars, there are quite many make no mistake, but it is hardly infinite. As this is the case, your first point is moot, it is not impossible for there to be only life on one planet.
For more information, please see the Drake equation for a very brief overview.

Uhhm yes there are an infinite number of stars, the galaxy never ends. No begging, no end. (IE: Infinite)
And unless someone finds the end of the cosmos, then its infinite.

How would the dealings and happenings on other planets have anything to do with how we live upon earth? It's not a causal relationship. How would it "defy" math? It's still well within the structures of mathematical analysis. You have not even come close to breaking or defying the power of mathematics until you come across a very peculiar german mathematician that showed the basic assumptions that we implore in basic maths like arithmetic are actually unprovable (whether or not we should be worried about it is off topic).
You also kinda shot yourself in the foot with the lottery analogy, there are about just as many lotteries where there wasn't a winner as there was one. Where do you think those large jackpots comes from?

If you believe that we are the only life, then it defies math by saying "Out of the infinite other planets, only ours has life"
And the jackpot reference was saying that out of all the numbers, there is more than one winning one, even tho it may not be found

Scientists actually DO declare that there are other planets with vast similarities to our own within (aided) sight actually. Due to their orbits and cosmic distances and proportions, it would make sense for these far away planets to have at least some water, oxygen, and what have you.

See but thats the point, we shouldn't be looking for similarities, but life itself. Who cares if there are planets like earth? It does not mean that whatever lives there has terran like qualities and needs water, oxygen and "what have you"

Oyipggy said:
EDIT: And no James, scientists are not credible. They're paid by the government. Which government? Any one of them, they all want us to die while hiding the awful truth from us.

Random websites with drawings are always credible.

Ha, just saw this. Yeah, my mistake. I forgot.

James said:
A brief search here shows up ~4000 articles. Surely some of them will have the correct answers.

But not all of them? I suppose you're referring to the ones that support your claims, and ignoring any other possibilities. Tell you what, when someone makes a reconstruction of the Great Pyramid, or Pumapunku, then I'll believe the ancient people did it.

James said:
Lord Krashnok said:

Nope, it's not fact that there aren't aliens, but it's nigh on 100% fact that even aliens in our galaxy would not have the technology to contact us, let alone have been able to travel to our planet in the span of time humans have existed (especially during the so-called civilizations of old).
Did you just certifiably say, with confidence, as a fact, that you know what resources or technology a alien species would have access to? Now how would you know that? Unless you were an alien yourself of course! But then you would have just proved yourself wrong!
Lord Krashnok said:
First off there are not an infinite number of stars, there are quite many make no mistake, but it is hardly infinite. As this is the case, your first point is moot, it is not impossible for there to be only life on one planet.

Uhhm yes there are an infinite number of stars, the galaxy never ends. No begging, no end. (IE: Infinite)
Not to mention it's also continuously ever-expanding.

gamerwiz09 said:
James said:

But not all of them? I suppose you're referring to the ones that support your claims, and ignoring any other possibilities. Tell you what, when someone makes a reconstruction of the Great Pyramid, or Pumapunku, then I'll believe the ancient people did it.

No, by 'some', I meant the ones that are actually relevant to the topic. I'm sure you'll agree that "Limestone weathering of historical monuments in Cairo, Egypt" is not useful in this discussion.

James said:
Lord Krashnok said:

Did you just certifiably say, with confidence, as a fact, that you know what resources or technology a alien species would have access to? Now how would you know that? Unless you were an alien yourself of course! But then you would have just proved yourself wrong!
Actually, it's based on simple probability. Carl Sagan, in Cosmos (the show) talks about, for reference.

Lord Krashnok said:

Um, the galaxy does end, the universe might end, and the expansion may possibly eventually stop. Scientists are unsure. Sorry.

gamerwiz09 said:

Wrong. Physics.

Read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galaxy
Read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universe

Tell me what you find. I'll give you a hint: the universe is ridiculously complex and may actually border on physically impossible (as in the science definition) at times. Is it ever expanding? So they say. That means it's limited. How can something that's infinite expand?

In short, what James said.

James said:
gamerwiz09 said:
James said:

No, by 'some', I meant the ones that are actually relevant to the topic. I'm sure you'll agree that "Limestone weathering of historical monuments in Cairo, Egypt" is not useful in this discussion.

James said:
Lord Krashnok said:

Actually, it's based on simple probability. Carl Sagan, in Cosmos (the show) talks about, for reference.

Lord Krashnok said:

Um, the galaxy does end, the universe might end, and the expansion may possibly eventually stop. Scientists are unsure. Sorry.

"...expansion may possibly eventually stop. Scientists are unsure"
Because scientists don't know? We can send a probe into space with a camera.....thats ALL the information we have. And guess what the pictures showed other than stars and the planets we already know about? MORE BLACKNESS (and guess what, they didnt see the end of that blackness)
Scientists aren't "unsure" they are just too busy trying to get the world to believe that we landed on the moon.

Scientists have suggested there may be something called 'dark matter', which while invisible (hence, dark, black, whatever), has mass, which would provide enough gravity to slow the expansion of the universe. It's just that they haven't been able to prove this theory. Science is all theories, anyway, though. The universe might continue expanding until all energy converts to heat, too. Who knows? Not I.

For there to be absolutely nothing in a given place, that also means the absence of light, which is something, which to our eyes, is blackness.

Also that dark matter, but that's guesswork.

Lord Krashnok said:
You're looking for credibility and vindication on a gaming forum :lol:?

Seems like the best place to find people for this kind of stuff.

I, and I'm sure others, are very flattered right now :oops:.

Space is infinite- matter is not, although the question of how exactly does matter keep expanding into space is causing a few conundrums in the physics department. We can posit how big the universe is, we can calculate it using the back ground radiation left by the big bang to estimate the current size of the universe.
And assuming the universe came forth from the big bang, it should be finite due to the fact that the mass that was the big bang isn't an infinite source of energy.

How would the dealings and happenings on other planets have anything to do with how we live upon earth? It's not a causal relationship. How would it "defy" math? It's still well within the structures of mathematical analysis. You have not even come close to breaking or defying the power of mathematics until you come across a very peculiar german mathematician that showed the basic assumptions that we implore in basic maths like arithmetic are actually unprovable (whether or not we should be worried about it is off topic).
You also kinda shot yourself in the foot with the lottery analogy, there are about just as many lotteries where there wasn't a winner as there was one. Where do you think those large jackpots comes from?

If you believe that we are the only life, then it defies math by saying "Out of the infinite other planets, only ours has life"

Not really it'd just be 1/∞. Simple really. I lso didn't say we were the only life in the universe either :razz:.

And the jackpot reference was saying that out of all the numbers, there is more than one winning one, even tho it may not be found

Why? Lets say we have a lottery where 9 people bought tickets out of the original 10 and no one won. How does this change when we increase the number of people and the number of tickets? It is possible that no one can win. Despite the incomprehensibly large numbers it is by no guarantee that there is other life out there.

Scientists actually DO declare that there are other planets with vast similarities to our own within (aided) sight actually. Due to their orbits and cosmic distances and proportions, it would make sense for these far away planets to have at least some water, oxygen, and what have you.

See but thats the point, we shouldn't be looking for similarities, but life itself. Who cares if there are planets like earth? It does not mean that whatever lives there has terran like qualities and needs water, oxygen and "what have you"

While you do have a good point, it's stil by no means a guarantee that there'd be life in that black sea.

Lord Krashnok said:
"...expansion may possibly eventually stop. Scientists are unsure"
Because scientists don't know? We can send a probe into space with a camera.....thats ALL the information we have. And guess what the pictures showed other than stars and the planets we already know about? MORE BLACKNESS (and guess what, they didnt see the end of that blackness)
Scientists aren't "unsure" they are just too busy trying to get the world to believe that we landed on the moon.

A camera is virtually useless in that respect, light takes time to travel. It has taken some stars several billion years for their light to have reached us. As for the "blackness" there are other ways for dating the age and measuring the size of the universe other than first hand interpretation of sensual data. This is where the realm of advanced mathematics kicks in.

gamerwiz09 said:
Just wanna point out I thought we were talking about the Universe (Obviously galaxies end, duh).

Yeah I was kinda not paying attention whenever I said galaxies instead of the Universe lol

Oyipggy said:
Guess what nobody has done in over 2000 years? Domesticated an animal species. Oh come on, that's easy, right? No. No, it's not. I don't know how anybody did that. Nobody does, because we haven't made monkeys our slaves yet. But guess what? They did.
Done and understood, see Russian fox domestication experiments for a good example. :wink:

People seriously underestimate the extent of basic mathematics and education in the ancient world, or how easy it is to create a large structure when you have access to immense slave labour, resources and basic building methods.

As for the small semi-sealed rooms and deep areas of the pyramids those are only confusing if you make the odd leap of logic that they were built after the pyramids were built. None of the pits are too deep to not have enough oxygen to burn a torch, they're too deep within the pyramid to have the necissary flow of oxygen. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realise that they built the interior tunnels and sealed rooms as they built the pyramid upwards.

And claiming that aliens made carvings in diorite and other hard rocks because they were too hard to carve betrays a basic lack of understanding of physics. They were attractive as a crafting material quite simply because they were so hard to carve, and therefore were good materials to work fine detial into and polish, which is why a lot of ancient texts are in diorite. Considering there are no considerable differences in the methods and materials available in antiquity and the middle ages the diorite steps of St. Pauls Cathedral in London, as well as the many other examples of diorite carvings from many different eras from all over the world kind of sinks that theory. Oh, and the many examples of antique jewelry, unless you think diamonds come pre-carved. :razz:

Moss said:
Oyipggy said:
Guess what nobody has done in over 2000 years? Domesticated an animal species. Oh come on, that's easy, right? No. No, it's not. I don't know how anybody did that. Nobody does, because we haven't made monkeys our slaves yet. But guess what? They did.
Done and understood, see Russian fox domestication experiments for a good example. :wink:

Oh darn. The ancient people are still winning though. They already got dogs, cats, cows, goats, pigs, horses, sheep, chickens, etc. It's probably about 20-3, because I'm sure there were others.  :grin:

The people who originally posted about the diorite seemed to think that we live in a world where swinging something at something won't make the first something chip, even if it is the "hardest" material we know.

Back
Top Bottom