Sensible or Stupid?

• Sensible

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Stupid

Votes: 19 70.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

I was joking around with my friend about becoming a lesbian when I got to thinking.

Would it be sensible or stupid for someone to have a sex change because they are attracted to homosexuals?

Given these premises:

1) The operation is a complete success (and then some) in superficial physical attributes, in which a woman comes out with a set of non-functional gonads and a man comes out with a pair of non-functional breasts. (organic or silicate is up to the person)
2) There is no psychological assessment before the operation.
3) The operation is irreversible.
4) It is not a single gay man or lesbian woman the hypothetical person, let's call them A, is attracted to, but their respective sexual orientations as a whole.
5) It is not a fetish. A is well and truly attracted to homosexuals.

To add:

Here is a clear view of the scenario.

A is a woman. A thinks gay guys are awesome and make the best boyfriends. Too bad they're gay. So A goes and has a sex change operation, into a man, and then dates a gay guy. Sensible or stupid?

I can't see the results of the poll.

And I can't see all the little images that I click to make [/url] and [/img] tags, and all that stuff. What's going on here?

OK, that seems better. But anyways, if A is so desperate for a "good" boyfriend that she'll become a gay man, then she is trying WAY too hard. She's probably looking at all the jocks and assuming straight men are all jocks, while blissfully ignoring the dogged nice guy that's been trying to get her attention for years.

Huh, that's a point there.

But for the sake of argument, say it's the other way around. A is only attracted to lesbians, and he's a guy. Should he have a sex change? Barring the obvious benefits of grabbing tits whenever you want.

This is under the assumption that the stereotypical male relationship outlook of "I just want to **** something nice" is true.

It's stupid. Women don't have a prostate, and with a sex change she will no longer have the "Rubbing against the Vagina" affect. So really she's screwing her entire  sexual life up.

Well, if A were a guy and ONLY attracted to lesbians, two possibilities come to my mind.

A) He is far too picky, if a woman's appearance and personality mean nothing to him, but their sexual orientation drives him wild.

B)  He thinks he is a woman trapped in a man's body, and I take that about as seriously as most cases of ADD.

I say he should take a third option and date a bisexual who is open to the idea of a three-way.

Uh, the clitoris is basically a vestigial prostate, so you can enlarge that and voila you've got a penis.

I guess it can work the other way around as well, reduce the size of the penis and you've got a ****, then cut the balls open and turn them into the labia.

@CJ

The thing is, this is just a question of physical attributes really. Because in my experience, lesbians don't actually have just one personality. If the guy likes lesbians, it doesn't mean he likes all lesbians. So he's basically just shifting his dating pool.

I think 5 needs a rethink. You seem to be implying fetishes are false or somehow illegitimate. Why so?

If some dude likes to get pissed on or walked on by a high-heeled woman, are his sexual desires any less real or tenable than any other? It's this kind of attitude that drives people to weird ****, in the first place.

Anyway, 5 aside, I'll say stupid.

I can't see a situation whereby she'd be so attracted by the qualities of only gay men, that she'd need 1 on 1 companionship, with a gay man.

Tuckles said:
Uh, the clitoris is basically a vestigial prostate, so you can enlarge that and voila you've got a penis.

I guess it can work the other way around as well, reduce the size of the penis and you've got a ****, then cut the balls open and turn them into the labia.

@CJ

The thing is, this is just a question of physical attributes really. Because in my experience, lesbians don't actually have just one personality. If the guy likes lesbians, it doesn't mean he likes all lesbians. So he's basically just shifting his dating pool.

If it's just a question of physical attributes then what does sexual orientation have to do with anything?

@CJ

Think of it this way.

The foremost criteria in choosing a mate is sexual orientation. No ifs, no buts.

The question is if it were sensible for someone to change his or her sex in order to change the available mates due to that criteria.

@lust

I used the term fetish to indicate a short term attraction.

And again, premise 5 states that they are attracted to gay people. Assuming that this was statistically exclusive, wouldn't it then be dumber to wait around for something that has such a low probability of happening?

Well hell I'm at a loss then. Well no not really, if it really works that way then I don't see a problem with it personally.

If one is attracted to a gay guy as a woman, I would say one is heterosexual, but confused. Sexually speaking, a female is attracted to a male here. Likewise, a guy attracted to lesbians is straight.

Why one would have surgery to have sex with a man (or vice versa), when it's already perfectly feasible under the current circumstances is beyond me. Just find a gay man (or lesbian) willing to have sex with you (bi, I suppose).

Now, another poser (just as silly): if a gay man is attracted to masculinity, and is feminine, and a lesbian is attracted to femininity, and is masculine, would they work as a couple?

I have a bit of a problem with the framing of the question. I'd say stupid, considering that no psychological screening had been done. However, the biggest reason for sex change I know of is that these people genuinely "feel" like they're a member of the opposite sex, and wish to be one physically. That is, it's a matter of personal choice rather than attraction.

If you're talking about this as a special case, though, ignore me.

Back
Top Bottom