Dating Thread, v. I

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the next two months, do something small, random and romantic for her at least once a week.  It doesn't have to be much: just a bunch of flowers, write a poem, take her on a little picnic.  The little, but personalised, things generally show more affection/love/romance than the big events.  It probably won't make up for missing the anniversary but will show you care.  And if you're still together in a few years time, then missing the 6 month won't look of feel so bad :smile:.

Cheers
Kvedulf

Eh, I've never celebrated it that much.  Got her flowers or some ****.

Girl over slept and had to cancel date.  We made plans for Sunday, now.

Bulle said:
The ****...? Sixth month aniversary?
I think that was basically my opinion of it too. I mean, yeah, it's half a year. But still.

Also, I've been giving her some really awesome gifts at random intervals (which now I kinda think I should have waited with until now), so I thought anything I'd give her would be kinda less awesome. I don't know.

Live and learn.

James said:
Bulle said:
I think that was basically my opinion of it too. I mean, yeah, it's half a year. But still.

Also, I've been giving her some really awesome gifts at random intervals (which now I kinda think I should have waited with until now), so I thought anything I'd give her would be kinda less awesome. I don't know.

Live and learn.
Lol, James is whipped  :lol: jk

James said:
Bulle said:

Live and learn.

That's why you get the 1 year anniversary gift at least 7 months in advance. :lol:

Tamuli said:
Lol, James is whipped  :lol: jk
Eh, I'm okay with it.

Seriously, I enjoy doing nice things for the person I love, and if that's what 'whipped' entails, then I'm all for it.

You never shower a girl with gifts unless A) she is the one you want to spend the rest of your life with or B) you are cheating on her. Otherwise you are possibly wasting your money. Hell I don't even buy girls dinner or drinks anymore. They buy me drinks if they want to get with me.

Go ahead and doubt me. I don't care. I am in a country where I am the flavour of the month every month because I am white.

I loathe buying things for women, 99% of them are money grabbing bishes! Tho I have had the rare honour of having some dumb bish pay for club/drinks/taxi/hotel on a few occasions & I milked her dry! :grin: It's exploitation of male chivalry on a grand scale & the idiots who buy them expensive gifts are only making the matter worse. I thought we were all equal now? Why are men still expected to open doors & buy dinner then?

Fortunately the current girlie isn't too bad & she pays her way quite a bit. One thing that really gets me is when they expect you to buy them things or when they are critical of things you've brought. I got her flowers once & she jokingly told her friends they were cheap. It's going to be a very long time before she gets any others.  :evil:

EoR

Lol @ 6 month anniversary, give the cheeky slag a slap! Bother about it after 10 years, I've got stuff in my fridge older than 6 months.

EoR

Haha terrific ^^

So yeah, I left college today for the summer, home now. Which, whilst it means lots of nice free food and wine, also means no girlfriend :sad: Having basically spent every single night for the past 6 or 7 weeks sleeping with her, bar maybe 3 nights (exams), I now won't see her for 4 weeks; then staying with her for 3 weeks in Greece before I come home, then she's back in England for a while and will see her for a few days, but then she's off for the year in Greece. Which sucks. What am I meant to do for a year? For the last few days it hadn't really hit me, but now, sitting here at home, it has. Is a very odd feeling, being this emotional about an individual. Definitely something I've not experienced before. We've only been going out for 4 and a half months, but if things had worked out properly we would be coming up to 8 months, and I really do honestly feel this could last a very long time. So different to any previous relationship, and maybe I'm naive, but I think it could be kinda special. Makes the year apart even harder, but if we survive it together, I reckon it could be special.

Same thing here, to a far lesser extent. We were planning to go to London a week together, but that's now impossible due to our own obligations, so we won't be seeing each other for two months. I'm already missing her after having seen her Monday, how will it be in mid August ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom