TaleWorlds News: New News Necessary for the OT Neophytes

Users who are viewing this thread

People interested in this story might want to read this:

The short version: the character who shared the location of Musk's jet is definitely a little sketchy. He is also not a journalist. The journalists that were banned posted reports on the story of the supposed stalker, and the police statements on it. They also have covered Musk heavily in the previous weeks. As far as I can tell none of the journalists actually doxxed anyone. Make of that what you will.

"Anything can be interpreted as anything" - Elon Musk to his fanboys
Look guys, this is a clear cut case, he blocked perfectly fine journalists on very spurious grounds, while lying about their involvement.
Also see: UN statement, EU statement, German statement etc. Don't be behind the curve because you fall for his virtual persona playing a victim.
Absolute power corrupts. Lashing out in an arbitrary fashion at these journalists is unacceptable. However, despite acting the jerk, he can also be a victim. In any event, I'm sure he'll suffer consequences for https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thursday_Night_Massacre

Absolute power corrupts. Lashing out in an arbitrary fashion at these journalists is unacceptable. However, despite acting the jerk, he can also be a victim. In any event, I'm sure he'll suffer consequences for https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thursday_Night_Massacre
The state of the human rights in our world can be assessed by how we treat our billionaires!

...And he predictably relented under pressure. Poor Elon, always getting bullied by the left.
Quick, make a new distraction by uncovering new facts about Hunter Biden's cock.

In fact at least some of the reporters he has an issue with agreed that they had Tweeted links to the Tweet/Tweeter at the heart of the issue, the person who Tweets the location or website which shows the location of his plane, and that can be seen as aiding the harassment in itself ...
Interesting point. The journalist must have linked to the ElonJet account (or whatever it was) before it was shut down, meaning it was still a matter of controversy whether it violated Twitter guidelines or not. (The account had existed for some time, I believe, also before Musk took over).

So you're saying journalists are responsible for sharing data/websites in news stories, and complicit if the websites are breaking rules, or even found illegal at a later point in time? Or journalists should know better...
I actually find that annoying, and have noticed it during the pandemic where reports on misinformation would often leave out the exact misinformation so as to not spread it. (Instead a short summary would describe the matter). But the readers are then not given the possibility to assess the information themselves. What was said exactly?

Following that logic we should all get banned. I have shared things on social media from accounts who I am sure shared links to people's profile who probably shared links to people's profiles who shared misinformation.

You can't go from "I am a free speech absolutist" to this crap, come on.

A funny example is when the rapper Kanye West posted what some media only described as a Swastika inside a Star of David.
However, that is the symbol for the Raëlism alien cult. (West is presumably too dumb to know that and was childishly mesmerized by the 2 symbols intertwined).
Journalists need to 'show' people what they're reporting on, and must be given a degree of leeway, or you can indiscriminately start bringing them down for reporting on controversial/legal matters.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raëlism

Xuc3h.png

Anyway, where were you the day JK Rowling started tweeting in 4chan lingo?

(Pls no ban for posting a link, this is important investigative journalism)

Associations:

NOPEDO
Clitoraid

Uhh...:xf-cool:

Last edited:
Funny how both Elon and Rowling descended into extremism. There was a period of "I'm a reasonable neutral and independent person" then when the alt-right/conservative fans started praising them for being on their side, they went full retard.
The usual excuse is "poor me was radicalized to be a hate-filled wreck by the left".

Last edited:
The state of the far right. One fascist bans a couple literally-who journalists and immediately backtracks when his own website votes to reverse the decision.

The other is selling """NFT trading cards""" of himself dressed as a cowboy with a chance to win a dinner with him.

The far right is NOT okay.

Their fans don't see them as clowns with poor judgment, and that's the problem. They are the fans' avatars in the culture wars and can do no wrong.
It's the polarization and the culture wars over identities and fears that need to be tackled somehow by (us) moderates, so we can at least quarrel over real issues like taxes and workers rights.
Unfortunately, the young ones living on the internet are only interested about identity politics and who owned whom, because real issues are boring and complex.

I have some sympathy with that, and see it as a form of stalking (even though the data is available to anyone. Maybe some laws are needed in that area...).
The law in the US is that airports, air traffic controllers, the FAA itself, etc. are all funded by taxes so the public has a right to know how it is being used (regardless if it's by public or private flights). Also, since MH370 all flights are required by the FAA to carry ADS-B systems to broadcast altitude, attitude, and velocity data when outside of ground-based radar range. It's a public safety concern, but the data can be used to puzzle out who is likely on what flight if other information is known (like previous stops, tail numbers, and who owns the plane). The FAA does comply with requests to encrypt, obfuscate, or omit flight data from public release for various reasons (spoopy gubment flights, mostly, but private interests can get it as well & Musk has not), but the FAA isn't the only one with receivers compatible with signals from ADS-B transponders. There are individual aviation enthusiasts who monitor stuff like that for fun and aren't bound by the FAA's agreements to protect certain data.

Maybe if he feels so targeted and vulnerable, he could start flying like a normal person rather than making 15-minute hops across San Francisco in his personal jet just because he can.

Yes. The person behind ElonJet used those workarounds. I have no problem with a social medium not allowing such things. I see little importance in restricting such specific data on specific people. Anyone is allowed to do it on their own and share it through other channels.

Funny development:

Their fans don't see them as clowns with poor judgment, and that's the problem. They are the fans' avatars in the culture wars and can do no wrong.
It's the polarization and the culture wars over identities and fears that need to be tackled somehow by (us) moderates, so we can at least quarrel over real issues like taxes and workers rights.
Unfortunately, the young ones living on the internet are only interested about identity politics and who owned whom, because real issues are boring and complex.
Trump is still popular, yes. He will probably be quite popular until he dies. But the energy is gone, he has now become the antithesis of the himself in 2015. Then he could play underdog that everybody ridiculed for even suggesting he might run and he ran the wave of beating the odds from the first primary to the election night. He was cheeky, he was edgy, he was outrageous and even deranged. But he had the snowball of energy. Now he is the Jeb and the Hillary of this cycle, the entitled crony who thinks it's his turn now, just going through the motions.

It's awful, but he's not a threat to anything really, other than his voters' hopes and optimism.

But who is his competitor in the Republican party? DeSantis?* Or will Trump run and surely lose?
He has the advantage that the economy is looking poor (also globally) with inflation - although falling - high for the foreseeable future.

*(I assume we all ignore the mad, black Nazi).

DeSantis would win head-to-head with Trump, but a lot of candidates may fracture the Rep voters, with the biggest bunch faithful to Trump.
This is what we (the lefties/Europeans/normies) should hope for, a Trump nomination. At the worst, Trump would sling a lot of mud at DeSantis, opening attack lines for the Dems.

But who is his competitor in the Republican party? DeSantis?* Or will Trump run and surely lose?
He has the advantage that the economy is looking poor (also globally) with inflation - although falling - high for the foreseeable future.

*(I assume we all ignore the mad, black Nazi).
DeSantis at the moment, yes. There's still over a year before the first actual primaries. A week can be a long time in politics, so anything can happen in a year. Trump will probably will still be a major contender for the nomination, but perhaps not the frontunner that he still is now. DeSantis might be go as quickly as he came. Who knows, He will need for things to happen in Florida on a scale that catches national attention so that he can maintain his "No nonsense, getting things done" image.

Does just going through the motions of a presidential election afford him legal immunity?
I don't believe there will be an indictment, let alone a conviction.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom