SP - General Remaster Belligerent Drunk from Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Errayn

Sergeant Knight at Arms

Please consider adding some beloved small elements from warband to bannerlord like this. thanks.

info from bloc's video

Good old "Belligerent Drunk" from Warband

- Randomly generates belligerent drunk in taverns, like we had in Warband.

- Dialogues are exactly the same as what we had in Warband as well,

- If your renown is more than 350, you also get "Do you have any idea who I am?" option which is later responded by a drunk with line "Emmmm... Actually... Yes, yes, I do know who you are, sir. Please forgive me, your grace -- it must be the drink. I'll be leaving, now" to avoid unnecessary conflict.

- I didn't make agents flee on purpose so that it would give you the feeling that this is something happening rather regularly.

- Tavernkeepr responds in the same way and gives you drunk's sword. You also gain small roguery skills after successfully removing drunk.

More info: https://mountandblade.fandom.com/wiki/Belligerent_Drunk

It's funny how some of the most simple (and iconic) aspects of Warband didn't make it over to Bannerlord.

Actually, it's not funny, it's just sad.

Probably could even be expanded. Like more random encounters in taverns instead of just Belligerent drunks, with the same dialogs over and over. Maybe instead of having to fight or menacing the drunk you could instead buy him a drink? Maybe you find someone interesting to have a drink with, maybe some conversations will lead you to find a quest, maybe some conversations give you information about a faction's weakness (a former Sturgian soldier talks about how weak their archers are). Any kind of interaction would be appreciated man. Cant wait until I re buy the game on steam so I can mod these things in myself

Getting experience in roguery is a nice touch too!

Now we need the hired assassins back and the robbers that attack you at night when you visit a town. Such a simple feature that would add a fair bit of immersion to the game.

Really hoping someone will make a "features missing from Warband" mod at some point!

I think that Belligerent drunk in Warband has started the fight when he spotted the player on sight. This has had an additional surprise factor. Nice way to farm Rogue points, either way...

Probably could even be expanded. Like more random encounters in taverns instead of just Belligerent drunks, with the same dialogs over and over. Maybe instead of having to fight or menacing the drunk you could instead buy him a drink? Maybe you find someone interesting to have a drink with, maybe some conversations will lead you to find a quest, maybe some conversations give you information about a faction's weakness (a former Sturgian soldier talks about how weak their archers are). Any kind of interaction would be appreciated man. Cant wait until I re buy the game on steam so I can mod these things in myself

Thats what im saying -was hoping it would have been expanded into dynamic encounters in villages and towns. Not mindlessly looking for "Nervous Man" but actual combatants who just might provoke attack or hunt down the player in towns for various reasons -would instantly bring every scene to life

Was a nice feature. Could also add the option to intimidate him off for some charm as well (not enough low level charm checks to introduce players to the system). Warband's higher load time and thus using menus for most tavern tasks me he'd be seen less, but that isn't a huge issue. Some other random encounters would be nice too.

You had to be within a certain range of him. He wouldn't just walk up to you if you stayed away.
I meant, he was triggered player didn't have to talk to him. But yes you are right there was a radius. My general point is that most of those quests could be tweaked to be a little bit less predictable. But I sure still, love them.

It's amazing how such objectively low value features from Warband are universally missed. They were basically roughly implemented afterthoughts without much connection to the rest of the game, but they provided badly needed variety in such a long game. They gave the game "character".

I have a theory why such RPG-type features are missing in Bannerlord, and many that were planned were thrown out. The theory is that the driving force (Steve N.) behind them left, and the remaining deciders (who cannot be named unless I want a warning from their enforcer here) didn't feel strongly about RPGing, they just wanted a flashy battle simulator.
Or they hated Steve's guts and deliberately threw out his unfinished stuff. Such pettiness is normal in the rough world of game development, where game design is a very personal issue and a good reason why people might leave.

I meant, he was triggered player didn't have to talk to him. But yes you are right there was a radius. My general point is that most of those quests could be tweaked to be a little bit less predictable. But I sure still, love them.
Agreed but it's pretty apparent Taleworlds won't do it because it's not a priority.
It's amazing how such objectively low value features from Warband are universally missed. They were basically roughly implemented afterthoughts without much connection to the rest of the game, but they provided badly needed variety in such a long game. They gave the game "character".

I have a theory why such RPG-type features are missing in Bannerlord, and many that were planned were thrown out. The theory is that the driving force (Steve N.) behind them left, and the remaining deciders (who cannot be named unless I want a warning from their enforcer here) didn't feel strongly about RPGing, they just wanted a flashy battle simulator.
Or they hated Steve's guts and deliberately threw out his unfinished stuff. Such pettiness is normal in the rough world of game development, where game design is a very personal issue and a good reason why people might leave.
You may be right but my strong suspicion is that very few devs play rpgs and they don't understand what makes a good one. That's why we get so many bass ackwards decisions, and ofc they're aiming at console players so they think that market doesn't care about rpg elements.

For me, at least,

No to belligerent drunks: bcz it is being done - predictable - repetetive - it also unpleasant for one who not search for that kind of event. Also feast too.

Yes to other undone events and other rpg elements...

Back
Top Bottom