SP - General Remaster Belligerent Drunk from Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

For me, at least,

No to belligerent drunks: bcz it is being done - predictable - repetetive - it also unpleasant for one who not search for that kind of event. Also feast too.

Yes to other undone events and other rpg elements...
If drunks go after you only if you did something bad, it may be even better and connected to the rest of the game world. Purely random attacks are not that fun and don't make sense in the game world. Or assassins saying "Lord Butter sends his regards".
You may be right but my strong suspicion is that very few devs play rpgs and they don't understand what makes a good one. That's why we get so many bass ackwards decisions, and ofc they're aiming at console players so they think that market doesn't care about rpg elements.
I had a feeling that even if there are RPG fans in the dev team, they would simply not be listened to by the committee of decision makers, who steered the game in the current direction on purpose. You can get to make a 10 minute pitch about putting more events in taverns, only to get a straight no from someone who is not interested any more in the game and wants to make space games now.

+1
Agree wholeheartedly with needing more RPG content in Bannerlord.
This small stuff is easy to implement, gives tangible benefits with small amounts of XP in hard to level skills and useful early game items, and appeases the fanbase while giving a visible sign of progress and content being added.
In terms of pure development time, I don't see how features like this aren't worth it...
They already started down this road by adding mini-games to Taverns, and creating these beautiful scenes for us to explore, but seem to have forgotten that we need more reason to actually go into them. Adding random events and encounters increases player desire to explore because there's an element of surprise and possible advancement, and this follows throughout the entire game setting the mood and changing a player's entire perception.
I don't think it should be underestimated the effects small RPG elements can have in extending interest in a game long after it's core functionality is mastered. This is what the devs seem to have forgotten or taken for granted since they were already building on the fanbase from Warband.

This is just more work for the jaded devs and their love for the game has gone during the long years of doing the same thing with no end in sight.
You are beating a dead mount and swinging a rusty blade here.

Consider they're getting paid for this, it wouldn't be that much work as has been demonstrated, a much smaller team managed to make Warband 10 years ago, and a sequel should be an overall improvement instead of being better in some ways and worse in others (especially if it costs more)

Consider they're getting paid for this, it wouldn't be that much work as has been demonstrated, a much smaller team managed to make Warband 10 years ago, and a sequel should be an overall improvement instead of being better in some ways and worse in others (especially if it costs more)
Exactly, modders like Bloc can do it in the blink of an eye. They are not getting paid. We are not talking about some major changes to the game. Darn, those are random-based scripted repeatable situations we discuss here. It is not even an RPG element. This game should be kicking ass by now. It is not bad but completely lacks soul. They should call it a "Medieval Engine" and sell it as such, not a standalone game placed in any setting...

Back
Top Bottom