Face enemy direction

Users who are viewing this thread

Agree with #59 and #60.

I'd even add something to it!
We have units with multiple weapons and their decisionmaking in when to use spear over sword etc., is absolutely unfun (In captains mode).

• Make F1-F17 and F1-F3 an optional setting (Like BAR and RADIAL)
  • Add F8 (Switch weapon-command)
  • Add F9 (Decide weapon yourself-command)
F8 will remove the cheesing of shield walls, where players grab a horse, go close - units switch to spear. He then leaves area - units switch to mace/sword/axe. Meanwhile, archers are hammering the shieldwall and getting plenty of hits in.

We need smarter and better commands, not simplified!
If you want it simplified, set F1-F3 as default, but add in the old option AND MORE OPTIONS.

Agree with #59 and #60.

I'd even add something to it!
We have units with multiple weapons and their decisionmaking in when to use spear over sword etc., is absolutely unfun (In captains mode).

• Make F1-F17 and F1-F3 an optional setting (Like BAR and RADIAL)
  • Add F8 (Switch weapon-command)
  • Add F9 (Decide weapon yourself-command)
F8 will remove the cheesing of shield walls, where players grab a horse, go close - units switch to spear. He then leaves area - units switch to mace/sword/axe. Meanwhile, archers are hammering the shieldwall and getting plenty of hits in.

We need smarter and better commands, not simplified!
If you want it simplified, set F1-F3 as default, but add in the old option AND MORE OPTIONS.

I definitely dare to think that they are not interested in implementing it because it will clash with the design plan. If they had wanted to implement a switch weapon button they would have done it already. I personally advocated its implementation back in September 2019 in the closed beta period (Battle Command: Switch Weapon ).

I definitely dare to think that they are not interested in implementing it because it will clash with the design plan. If they had wanted to implement a switch weapon button they would have done it already. I personally advocated its implementation back in September 2019 in the closed beta period (Battle Command: Switch Weapon ).
i got this response in the steam forums from the comunity team, they are going to "improve" the newsystem, so they are not gonna reverse these new command hotkeys
link

True, it's a good thing to have though.
Not entirely sure it's "design plan" - judging from last 9 months, they have no clue what they're doing and continue to do random balancing in MP instead of actually fixing it. Slow-bug is as old as the game for example.

i got this response in the steam forums from the comunity team, they are going to "improve" the newsystem, so they are not gonna reverse these new command hotkeys
link
True, it's a good thing to have though.
Not entirely sure it's "design plan" - judging from last 9 months, they have no clue what they're doing and continue to do random balancing in MP instead of actually fixing it. Slow-bug is as old as the game for example.

Of course they are going to "improve", they have no choice... the demand is strong. However, what is beyond my comprehension is why all this was not "experimented" in the closed/open alpha-beta period between June 2019 and March 2020? There was time for garage experiments then. Like many other decisions, I do not understand why this is so now.

Of course they are going to "improve", they have no choice... the demand is strong. However, what is beyond my comprehension is why all this was not "experimented" in the closed/open alpha-beta period between June 2019 and March 2020? There was time for garage experiments then. Like many other decisions, I do not understand why this is so now.
I agree, cause they make people have muscle memory for 9 months, then change something that isn't broken for no apparent reason other than gamepad/consoler users - could've made it an option and there wouldn't have been this backlash.
I too am baffled they didn't test it out, seems like they don't play their own game while stopped listening to the players who actually went and tested and gave feedback.

i dont understood why both command hotkeys cant coexist in the same game, one basic for people new to the game and an "advanced" command hotkeys

Last edited:
i dont understood why both command hotkeys can coexist in the same game, one basic for people new to the game and an "advanced" command hotkeys
this, it's common practice in almost every game that has a pc/console version to have separated command schemes with keyboard or controller since the playing experience is so different, they could simply keep the dumbed-down control scheme to the radial menu and the old/better one to the bar menu for pc players.

this, it's common practice in almost every game that has a pc/console version to have separated command schemes with keyboard or controller since the playing experience is so different, they could simply keep the dumbed-down control scheme to the radial menu and the old/better one to the bar menu for pc players.
Yeah, you can keep both, the basic console radial simplistic command keys for people new to the game and the old one that allows you More control of your troops, as far i remember there was something like that in viking conquest, guess

Last edited:
It's more a keyboard + mouse / gamepad issue than PC / console. Lot's of people enjoy playing computer games with their gamepad, especially third person games. So it's just logical that they make the game functional for gamepads as well.
That doesn't mean I agree with the current design, but Taleworlds already said they are going to use the F4-F10 keys for one click commands so that should hopefully address most problems.

Back
Top Bottom