Face enemy direction

Users who are viewing this thread

Now we can't face direction as many times as we want?
Because the first time you will change the direction and for the second you will face the enemy
It's not convenient at all.

Hopefully this removal is temporary because they may be modifying the interface (personal assumptions). Otherwise if removing the face direction command was a deliberate decision, I consider this a step backwards. With its elimination, tactical possibilities are eliminated.

What I really hate when my 200 archers are loosing firmation and start facing 1 horse archer while 200 enemy infantry are charging them.

Hopefully this removal is temporary because they may be modifying the interface (personal assumptions). Otherwise if removing the face direction command was a deliberate decision, I consider this a step backwards. With its elimination, tactical possibilities are eliminated.

So you cant control the direction a group faces with f2 in 1.5.6?

You still can, but using another path. F3 then F1, it is a toggle between facing a direction or facing the enemy instead of two separate options.

Problem with that is when you want to change the direction you have to toggle to face the enemy and then face direction again. Two keys for the first time, then 4 if you want to change direction again which is quite inconvenient...

You still can, but using another path. F3 then F1, it is a toggle between facing a direction or facing the enemy instead of two separate options.

Problem with that is when you want to change the direction you have to toggle to face the enemy and then face direction again. Two keys for the first time, then 4 if you want to change direction again which is quite inconvenient...

I have faith that the UI guys will get it fixed, but yes; too many detours for actions that used to be by pressing a single button. I hope™ that all this is a temporary solution to a transition of a UI with more complex orders and not the mess of providing the console version with a radial menu and try to find the circle quadrature for the PC version.

Now we can't face direction as many times as we want?
Because the first time you will change the direction and for the second you will face the enemy
It's not convenient at all.
It's a toggle, so instead of having click twice to re-face direction, you now have to do 4 clicks :grin:
Very convenient for the console plebs that TW is catering to, while giving 0 ****s about their existing playerbase.

I posted this on another post but it is entirely relevant here:

I know that its been mentioned that this change was made for console players and that "most probably" this new command system will be optional rather than mandatory, but I just want to stress how important this subject is to PC players, we really really want to return to our old command structure as it simply works better for a keyboard, the change is more than just annoying, it changes the way we are able to play the game and not in a positive way. Please, please Taleworlds team give us the option to return to our old command structure it is crucial.

There are some aspects of the game such as controls that are not necessary to be identical across platforms, and the attempt to make them consistent reduces the overall quality of the system. We have more buttons on a keyboard than exist on a controller so naturally we will have access to more complex control capabilities, simplifying this system for keyboard users in favor of controller users is detrimental to the game on so many levels. Imagine for example you made a Bannerlord port for the Nintendo Gameboy that has two buttons, and you then decided to re-design the entire command structure of the game to revolve around fitting and working for the Nintendo Gameboy but you made that new system mandatory for PC and Console players as well, I'm sure you can see how this is a limiting and unreasonable thing to force players who are using different platforms to conform to. This is exactly what has happened with the most recent changes to the command menu.

Bringing the old system back and making the new system optional would require minimal coding effort since the design for both already exists and is fully coded and would absolutely be worthwhile to do.

How face direction works now: F3+F1 to face enemy, then F3+F1 again to face direction. In the heat of battle this is absolutely ridiculous and slow, especially when unit responsiveness and positioning is so important in Captain Mode. Us players need to be able to reliably and quickly reposition our units to face the proper direction in order to counter any flanking maneuvers or surprise attacks as soon as they happen and not after the fact.
With our current system it takes way too long to give these orders as first our units must face enemy before we can tell them to face the direction we want.

Back
Top Bottom