Face enemy direction

Users who are viewing this thread

Sometimes i wonder how they manage to pull off so many decisions that the whole community doesnt like. Its truly unbelievable

Edit : my conclusion is that this company is led by someone that either doesnt play this game or has no idea what the gamers or the developers want.

Sometimes i wonder how they manage to pull off so many decisions that the whole community doesnt like. Its truly unbelievable

Edit : my conclusion is that this company is led by someone that either doesnt play this game or has no idea what the gamers or the developers want.
Hmm I wouldn't like to make any assumptions on the devs or their decision making. But we probably hit the nail on the head.

They may have thought condensing the orders into 3 categories probably helps with either new players initial learning OR the order wheel (whatever it's called) for controller support.
But they didn't realise what that toggle function would do in every situation I guess.
And what it means for PC players, reducing our options and ADDING many button press for simple functions...

Now I worry maybe we are in the wrong section? Don't know if this will be seen...

10 key strokes to get arches and infantry facing a direction, we can only assume whoever championed this change either doesn’t play or doesn’t care.....

Seems to be a few other things happening with the way units are behaving too.

I won’t go into-detail now but I’m seeing flanks of arches sat loitering with full quivers not attacking until enemy units come into Melee range...

Formation rows seemed to of changed slightly too i.e shield walls now defaulting to two man row instead of 3. This can be amended by dragging the mouse while holding left click still.

I feel like this thread needs more attention. The new controls are terrible for PC players that use a keyboard.
You have essentially went from f1-f7 down to f1-f3.
So to do simple commands that are important especially during the middle of large battles of 1500 v 1500 troops this has actually made you have to press MORE buttons to achieve the same results.

To be able to change a direction a unit is facing now takes too many buttons, which as Gazren has said can result in many losses of troops on harder difficulties. (Especially when enemies respawn and start to come at you from another direction and you need to QUICKLY wheel and face).
Now you have to keep toggling on and off trying to get the units to turn.

There are many other issues with it, but for me the main issue is to get the order you want to your units you now need to press more buttons.
Time is important on the battlefield.

I also feel like this change has been done for the only reason to condense commands into 3 categories instead of 7 FOR CONSOLE / GAMEPAD player benefit only.
If you wish to do that then fine, but give the PC players a different control scheme. We should have more options not less.

God forbid you want to play the game and actually CONTROL your troops. Not just press charge.

Hopefully someone can explain this better than I did. But you can hopefully feel my frustration haha.

I wanted to start new for this patch but the new controls have put me right off tbh. Do not wish to start getting muscle memory on these when hopefully they will be changed back or to something better.

very eloquently put... ??

The devs really need to separate console/pc controls, it's terrible right now when it was as easy as breathing before to command your men, it's not a matter of learning the new commands before it feels good, it's just awful for real.

The devs really need to separate console/pc controls, it's terrible right now when it was as easy as breathing before to command your men, it's not a matter of learning the new commands before it feels good, it's just awful for real.

Agreed, it was as fluent as water. I’m
Sure they’ll sort it out but at the moment it’s just a clunky mess.

Last edited:
I know some have joked about it but this select all “charge” tactic works so much better than ever before.

2500 vs 2000 man battle & I saw the enemy retreat after the first wave /engagement & I only lost 20 - T5 infantry.

Off topic : how do you get such large battles? I looked for mods that enable large battles but haven't found any.

I believe there is a cap for a total of 1000 troops on the field at any time. I haven’t seen a mod to increase this yet.

Large battles do happen but the amount of units is restricted until X amount are killed or wounded. Then more troops will spawn in.

Would be fantastic if the cap was removed.

Now we can't face direction as many times as we want?
Because the first time you will change the direction and for the second you will face the enemy
It's not convenient at all.
@MArdA TaleWorlds
To fix this there is a very good and simple option. That is to add an option "face to the direction" that happens when holding the button. When the button gets released troops face the direction of cursor (There is an opportunity to add an eye like to symbol where the cursor is). If the button pressed very short time just toggle between "face to the enemy" and "face that way"

and with this also there can be an indicator(like F1 hold) of Where exactly the troops will look towards. I would suggest making the flags turn towards the facing direction.

Last edited:
Or just give us the old arrangement back and make the new arrangement optional for console users and people who prefer it.
I agree there was nothing wrong with using f1-f7.
It wasn't perfect but less is definately not more in this case.

Would prefer its reverted and better planned next time. There are gaping holes in the current method and it is reducing options and adding time not providing more and giving shortcuts like it should.

Back
Top Bottom