• Yes

Votes: 90 82.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Not sure would like to see when ive used the new one for a while

Votes: 15 13.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Now I'm ****ed up with the covid thing, remember... I'm a Spaniard. I have been banned in many countries... I am a walking biological weapon :lol:
I can get you a trip up to Cologne in Germany but I don't know if you can make it to Turkey from here I'll give you a disguise a proper one and then we shall see what happens

@emrozdemir
I think the radial menu that would fit well would be the War Thunder style; square and translucent shapes (keept it simple). I would keep the three main buttons on the left side to keep the user informed at all times (choices). I would reduce the proportions without compromising legibility.

IMO, something like this would maintain a homogeneous aesthetic and would not be so invasive in the player's visual action zone.

I repeat, the basic commands radio menu for those users who have a gamepad? perfect; but must ensure to enable yes or yes an option in the settings menu for those who want to use the classic mode.
I like where you're coming from but this is not usable in this form, it's not flexible. It supports exactly 8 orders. Any more or any less, we would need to create and export new assets and add it to the game. Remove it from the list? Then we're not using the 45 degrees of action and squishing other orders.

If in certain circumstances the some orders got disabled (a mechanic in the game disabled it, order is buggy so we need to remove it, someone added a new command to the game through modding or otherwise etc.) we need to start the export process over again to update the UI. Or we add every single combination that can possible happen and add it to the game even if we won't use them. 2 through 15 let's say. That's space on the GPU and HDD that we didn't have to take up before this. This is one of the reasons why we're using circles instead of pre-exported complex shaped assets.

And even with the seperation of the Order categories to the top left, I would argue it takes up the same amount of space as the current(hotfix) version

I also would like to state my thought process here. While giving orders, in the third person camera, only the player's character is being covered. I would actually argue that's the best place (if we assume the size is the same), since while giving orders, the battlefield is more important than seeing your own character. Player's character is not doing anything, the action is on the battlefield. The order is being given on the battlefield. Player is not looking at the player character while giving orders. Even with the order animation, the circles are gone when the animation starts. Putting in on the top left (again if we assume it's the same size), the chances of it covering an enemy (or friendly) formation is higher than putting it behind the player's character.

BUT I also acknowledge/understand the "something is covering my character" subconscious feeling. Subconsciously it feels weird. I have some ideas about this and will try some prototypes(mod the game) in my free time. (Like removing the center text and the black circle background behind it)

All in all, yes, I feel the same way, on PC players should have the option to change between the visual systems. That's why I said this way back when we published the video blog post, more than 3 weeks ago:

I actually talked to @Callum about this before he posted the video. I understand PC users wanting the option to choose radial or the vertical bar system. I personally feel the same way. For the time being, in order to collect feedback I didn't implement it but it's certainly possible and I'll bring it up internally.

I'll bring this disucussion up internally and if it gets approved, I'll add the option before beta goes to live.

I like where you're coming from but this is not usable in this form, it's not flexible. It supports exactly 8 orders. Any more or any less, we would need to create and export new assets and add it to the game. Remove it from the list? Then we're not using the 45 degrees of action and squishing other orders.

If in certain circumstances the some orders got disabled (a mechanic in the game disabled it, order is buggy so we need to remove it, someone added a new command to the game through modding or otherwise etc.) we need to start the export process over again to update the UI. Or we add every single combination that can possible happen and add it to the game even if we won't use them. 2 through 15 let's say. That's space on the GPU and HDD that we didn't have to take up before this. This is one of the reasons why we're using circles instead of pre-exported complex shaped assets.

And even with the seperation of the Order categories to the top left, I would argue it takes up the same amount of space as the current(hotfix) version

I also would like to state my thought process here. While giving orders, in the third person camera, only the player's character is being covered. I would actually argue that's the best place (if we assume the size is the same), since while giving orders, the battlefield is more important than seeing your own character. Player's character is not doing anything, the action is on the battlefield. The order is being given on the battlefield. Player is not looking at the player character while giving orders. Even with the order animation, the circles are gone when the animation starts. Putting in on the top left (again if we assume it's the same size), the chances of it covering an enemy (or friendly) formation is higher than putting it behind the player's character.

BUT I also acknowledge/understand the "something is covering my character" subconscious feeling. Subconsciously it feels weird. I have some ideas about this and will try some prototypes(mod the game) in my free time. (Like removing the center text and the black circle background behind it)

All in all, yes, I feel the same way, on PC players should have the option to change between the visual systems. That's why I said this way back when we published the video blog post, more than 3 weeks ago:

I'll bring this disucussion up internally and if it gets approved, I'll add the option before beta goes to live.

Problem is when it covers your character is that youre also looking at the place where you want to land your order to correct where it should land which makes it annoying (especially on closer emplacements) when you have all that in your face so to speak (it works but it needs a more subtle look in my opinion) .Also because i like to have the orders up at times before releasing it and want to have full visions on my troops up close to before executing it. Just some 5 cents on it..Anyways thnx for your input on the subject though

Last edited:
Problem is when it covers your character is that youre also looking at the place where you want to land your order to correct where it should land which makes it annoying (especially on closer placements) when you have all that in your face so to speak (it works but it needs a more subtle look in my opinion)...But thnx for your input on the subject
Are you talking about the initial version or the hotfix version? Depending on the answer I'll look into some changes. This is the hotfix version:

Are you talking about the initial version or the hotfix version? Depending on the answer I'll look into some changes. This is the hotfix version:

Oh hotfix you said ? have to check real quick then. One sec im reloading real quick....RE:Yeah much better now for sure

rzKD7yP.png

Still though when youre looking ex at the enemy zooming in you gonna have that one in the way...Its no biggie since you can still see and it looks quite cool to since it looks like its your thought bubble when come to think of it xD It can be annoying though if you have larger armies and you need to move your ex cavs out in areas further away or other units....Have to play around a while to see if thats the case...
Ps appreciate the quick hot fix

Last edited:

I 100% agree that it covering the character is way better than on top of the screen... People will get used to it, it's just new and that's why I think this reaction. I personally like it, it could be better as square I think but it's a good change for me personally

Just sharin my thoughts...thank you for taking the time bringing this imput anyway. I'm sure you'll get a UI that satisfies everyone. ?(y)
The hotfix one has a proper dimensions, imo.

Can I say, the shield wall units moving so slowly is actually so cool. It's definitely a different feel to the battle, I'm loving it. And the battles feel better, the AI seems different. When some horsemen charge at my party and I unmount them by hitting them with a spear (with the perk that dismounts 25% chance) it also feels so bad-ass. Love it!!!

There is still a problem on longer emplacements when you zoom in with the new hotfix...You can do it but you are going to have that menu bit in your field of view to the left side. Its nothing major but when im commanding i want a full view of the battlefield at hand especially for my troops at the longer flanks. Uploading video so you can see......

final_5fb82a9f3af09d009a2f023a_59063.gif

See here i can still place it but it blocks my view...F2 is a little bit better but still its annoying when trying to lead larger armies especially on the longer flanks..:Sometimes i want to hold it there and wait until the right timing and wouldnt be good to have that field of view blocked if i needed to adjust. Nothing major but still, without that wheel in the way as before was better as you didnt have to adjust the view just to see whats behind it....Could do it bit transparant though that could work. Like take away the black in middle 90% then keep the black in the symbols merging with the background like 50% or something. Idk what feels best...

Last edited:

Why not give us the ability to make it less opaque? As is it's in your face and you have a black area while giving orders. Imo if it was say 50% or less opaque it wouldn't seem as obtrusive.

Why not give us the ability to make it less opaque?

Adding an option just to set the opacity value of the background of the order set seems, unproductive. I made a prototype of this that I mentioned:
I have some ideas about this and will try some prototypes(mod the game) in my free time. (Like removing the center text and the black circle background behind it)

I'll look at other possible versions of this.

Last edited:
It's for the gamepad formation selection. Represents the currently selected formation. Pressing down on dpad toggles the currently selected formation. Left and Right navigates the list. Will be disabled when the gamepad is not active.

Back
Top Bottom