• Yes

Votes: 90 82.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Not sure would like to see when ive used the new one for a while

Votes: 15 13.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

We've also decided to make the radial system optional with a future update, which means that anyone who prefers the "TAB" classical M&B system will be able to enjoy it in the future too.
Thank you very much, this is in my opinion the best way. Give us options to play the way we like.
I understand that the changes you make are meant to make the game more fun for some players, but there are cases where said changes make it worse for others. In such cases options are much appreciated.

When I heard "order wheel" for PC I was imagining something you control with the mouse, whether that is holding down a mouse button (maybe MMB (ie. holding down the scroll wheel)) and then moving the mouse to each command would trigger it automatically, or clicking each command separately. If you tighten up the inner part of the trigger zones for each command this could make for very little movement even needed, and if using the hold down a button in particular, you could even disable character movement while the order menu is up, so you don't move your head around at all while giving orders.
For selecting the actual unit group would be the same as it is currently already, except it would not bring up the order wheel when selecting group right away, but rather you would be picking what group your next order would be targeted at in advance. Though could also have much smaller version of the cards (maybe somewhere along the bottom of the screen), visible at all times, so you always knows what you current selected group are, and thus what you next order would go to.

The really big problem imo with the current implementation of the order wheel for keyboard, is a major disconnect between the physical location of the keys for the commands on your actual keyboard (a line of keys), and the visual representation on the screen (a circle of "buttons"). Which means that it is not quickly and clearly obvious where a command you see on a screen is located in relation to the other commands on your actual keyboard. This I would suspect would in particular be a great hindrance to new players.

As such with the current implementation I will certainly go back to the previous system, without a doubt, but on the other hand I would LOVE a mouse operated order wheel as described in my first paragraph.

Thank you, everyone, for your feedback on the new radial system, it's been very valuable. As you can see, @emrozdemir soaks up all the feedback you throw at him so keep it coming!

We've also decided to make the radial system optional with a future update, which means that anyone who prefers the "TAB" classical M&B system will be able to enjoy it in the future too.

I think I would use radial commands even with keyboard and mouse but commands should be picked using mouse just like with cheer or drop weapon option.

Back
Top Bottom