Beta Patch Notes e1.5.2

Users who are viewing this thread

I have 1400 hours into game but have a huge difference in play styles than most, I take thousands of days to play a game and a bunch of testing to help the devs, but I feel for people who want action quick, you can get bored fast. You need other things to help make a game fresh or different, example, instead of just blacksmithing, why not an armorer and bowcrafter, that way no matter your play style you might take some times out to craft. Make the banner quest different where you can use the banner to possibly take over an existing kingdom and get rid of the ruler, make real high level perks 200,225,250 super valuable so it makes grinding a goal to shoot for to help dominate in battles in late game, these are 3 super quick ideas to make people play the game longer and not be bored, a goal to shoot for. I got so many of these ideas it is crazy, I literally have over 100 (Small) things they can do to improve or enhance the game to make it so unique that it draws people in. We dont want the game changed, just enhanced. Thats why people look for in patches, what new content and perks.
Nah bro you ain't weird i like to play the long game too as its just sooo much more fun

Nah bro you ain't weird i like to play the long game too as its just sooo much more fun
It is, I take 500-100 days just grinding and building my companions before I become a vassal, heck i got a playthrough going on Youtube and Im 1000 days in ( around 30 episodes or 15 hours game time played) and still haven't made my own kingdom. unfortuantely not everyone is that way so i feel for them not having different content so I see their frustration. I just can't wrap my head around a 1.5.1 to 1.5.2 patch that doesn't deal with major issues on the beta branch and no real new content is kind of baffling to me.
heck my last weekly beta branch video I posted on youtube has actually footage of the terrible problems with game play right now that hasn't been addressed since 1.5 dropped. Not little bugs but somewhat game braking bugs and mechanics.
My 2 biggest issues with Taleworld has been communication and priorities. as for communication I feel @mexxico , @Duh_TaleWorlds amd @Callum have done an amazing job lately so much so I can't say a bad word about any of them.
But for priorities I dont get it. Game breaking bugs and crashes, left for weeks, no real new content to keep people drawn to game.
Example why dont we have noble bows and heavy exe axes? Why am I forced to reload a save over and over to marry someone to get the item because It doesn't spawn. You can't take away some of the best weapons in the game and not have people frustrated. It is really that massive of a problem that TW can't figure out how to spawn them anymore, it can almost be like saying we are taking away the ability to make your own kingdom and we will fix some weeks or months down the line. You can't remove a huge aspect of the game and not expect frustration when it doesn't get high priority.
Uh oh rambling again, Stan Alert \Sorry

It is, I take 500-100 days just grinding and building my companions before I become a vassal, heck i got a playthrough going on Youtube and Im 1000 days in ( around 30 episodes or 15 hours game time played) and still haven't made my own kingdom. unfortuantely not everyone is that way so i feel for them not having different content so I see their frustration. I just can't wrap my head around a 1.5.1 to 1.5.2 patch that doesn't deal with major issues on the beta branch and no real new content is kind of baffling to me.
heck my last weekly beta branch video I posted on youtube has actually footage of the terrible problems with game play right now that hasn't been addressed since 1.5 dropped. Not little bugs but somewhat game braking bugs and mechanics.
My 2 biggest issues with Taleworld has been communication and priorities. as for communication I feel @mexxico , @Duh_TaleWorlds amd @Callum have done an amazing job lately so much so I can't say a bad word about any of them.
But for priorities I dont get it. Game breaking bugs and crashes, left for weeks, no real new content to keep people drawn to game.
Example why dont we have noble bows and heavy exe axes? Why am I forced to reload a save over and over to marry someone to get the item because It doesn't spawn. You can't take away some of the best weapons in the game and not have people frustrated. It is really that massive of a problem that TW can't figure out how to spawn them anymore, it can almost be like saying we are taking away the ability to make your own kingdom and we will fix some weeks or months down the line. You can't remove a huge aspect of the game and not expect frustration when it doesn't get high priority.
Uh oh rambling again, Stan Alert \Sorry
Oof i know of that as i watch you're youtube videos i like playing the long game in general because i find it more entertaining and rewarding

CK3 is a nice and fun game but I have been pretty disappointed after realizing how bad the vassal system is in CK3. It is pretty ridiculous how land owners do not call all their troops to try to defend their lands and just give some few troops to their liege when they are the most affected with a war. This is a garbage system IMO.

Hopefully Bannerlord gets better some day...

You mean why aren't vassals giving you all their levies? Because they need to maintain their own levies for personal wars. Have you tried playing as a vassal yourself? You're their king and you can modify their contract to get more levies if you wish but it would make no sense historically or balance wise for them to give you every man they have.

This becomes super apparent when you play a vassal yourself. You have your own wars to fight outside of your liege's.

You mean why aren't vassals giving you all their levies? Because they need to maintain their own levies for personal wars. Have you tried playing as a vassal yourself? You're their king and you can modify their contract to get more levies if you wish but it would make no sense historically or balance wise for them to give you every man they have.

This becomes super apparent when you play a vassal yourself. You have your own wars to fight outside of your liege's.

No, I mean:

Let’s suppose that I am a duke of France and the Holy Roman Empire declares war on France to take my territory. The king of France raises his army but in this case, I would also raise my own army (all my available troops) to support the king of France to defend my own territory.

Well, the AI is not doing this so the game is pretty absurd. Land owners are happily losing their territory and they do not help their lieges to defend their own territory.

For example, a new Emperor of Holy Roman Empire was elected and he had not good relationship with his vassals so he only had a 3-4K army. Then I was playing as a France duke and I only had 3 counties. I manage to defeat the 3-4K Holy Roman Empire army without problems and took a huge territory from them, even when the actual landowner (a holy Roman Empire duke) had a lot of men without being recruited and he would be able to wreck me.

Vassal system in CK3 is pure garbage which makes not sense taking into account that this game is everything about a campaign map.

Plus vassals just giving levies to their lieges and keeping all men at arms at home, while these vassals are serving as knights and risking their own lifes in their liege army... CK3 is the biggest scam ever, not sure why people are so hyped with this game.

Last edited:
Thats why I’m still on 1.4.2 with 30+ working mods. Not even 1.4.3, because it breaks 3 of them, and as I can see here, old 1.4.2 is actually still much better than playthrough without working perks/diplomacy/workshops/AI, additionaly fighting with bugs/crashes on 1.5.X

unfortunately, it seems I need to stay with this 1.4.2 „some time”.

For example, a new Emperor of Holy Roman Empire was elected and he had not good relationship with his vassals so he only had a 3-4K army. Then I was playing as a France duke and I only had 3 counties. I manage to defeat the 3-4K Holy Roman Empire army without problems and took a huge territory from them, even when the actual landowner (a holy Roman Empire duke) had a lot of men without being recruited and he would be able to wreck me.

Yes, that's because the vassals didn't like their liege. If you didn't attack them they probably would have risen their own liberty faction and attacked him themselves. Also, when you invade an area and take their land the houses that own that land retain it. So not only may they not help their liege but if you happen to have a religion or culture they like more they may even prefer you. Just as real vassals throughout history would deceive and not send men required to defend their liege's, or even sometimes straight up refuse the call. Also as Emperor of the HRE he could have been allied with those under him and called their full forces to bear, however, probably due to succession and no being liked he clearly wasn't. Ironically historically during turbulent questionable successions is often when empires were their weakest.

Vassal system in CK3 is pure garbage which makes not sense taking into account that this game is everything about a campaign map.

Plus vassals just giving levies to their lieges and keeping all men at arms at home, while these vassals are serving as knights and risking their own lifes in their liege army... CK3 is the biggest scam ever, not sure why people are so hyped with this game.

I disagree, but if you think that a vassal system of complete obedience and map painting there are games out there that do that. CK isn't about map painting and vassals don't serve as merely money and levy trains in most regards. In fact war is only just a small piece of the game as a whole with kingdom management, diplomacy, stewardship, and personal relationships along with dynasties taking the forefront.

In fact not liking the vassal system in CK is fine. However calling CK3 a "scam" is just some form of laughable bias so I'll just end it there. Scam.. lol

Last edited:
How do I assign more than one companion to another party? I ended up with a second surgeon after finding one with better skill and wanted to add my first to my brother's party. Couldn't move her over.

i give you that CK3 is way to easy, AI opponent troupe count is way to small
i remember CK2 when the byzantine empire was a real foe they would swarm you with 30k and would have money to buy mercaneries

but the vassal system is just fine, if you are a vassal your main goal is to grow , not to help your king
if you want you can sent him your whole army but that leaves you unprotected if that army gets wiped out for a time
so im not sure why a vassal would like to sent his whole power away

Please bring back free camera movement for death/spectate mode

Getting to look at a battlefield from all angles is one of the best features of the game! But since a recent patch, camera is fixed to NPCs in 3rd person in death/spectate mode. This is not nearly as good or cinematic as a free camera

Back
Top Bottom