Block Delay

Users who are viewing this thread

I understand, watch this video from period b.0.8.X. Now tell me we shouldn't adapt warband mechanics. The warband combat system should be the basis of the Bannerlord's.

And there are people on these forums who fill their mouths with phrases like "warband movements are too fast, they give me epilepsy" (insert dog meme here) and that such are not realistic... well:

Technical choreographyMartial Arts Master

At its current state Warbands mechanics are better then Bannerlords but I also belive you can improve Warbands mechanics by quite alot aswell. The biggest problem with Warbands for me personally is the fact it looks so ridiculous. It becomes even more prominent when watching a Warband match in the higher skill level rather then playing it.

I can admit I never played alot of Warband multiplayer, maybe 150-200 hours, it was quite fun in its own way but it doesnt look serious in a way. I have never succeded in getting a friend to play Warband with me and I really tried for some time, but allways lost them when showing gameplay of it, even when I said that I could buy it for them. For me that says quite alot about how bad it must look.

My point is simply that Warbands mechanics are probably better but still needs to be reworked to be taken serious.

Question is a little deceiving as even warband had somewhat of a block delay, else fights would've turned into endless boring insta-block duels. Although, yes, it does need toning down to Warband levels, a level where it is not noticeable in duels tbh.

P.S in the spreadsheet, might be easier for you to make one long list and add a column with a simple calculation of adding up all the numbers (1 being support, -1 being against) and then you can have a number at the top with the calculation of all the people in support without having to scroll all the way down. :lol:

You warbanders just gotta let it go at some point. This wont become another warband where naked people run around fistfighting full plated knights and it wont addapt the same mechanics that was so easely cheesed in Warband.

Sorry that I had to say it.
Sorry i have to say this, but next MP patch is bringing Warband combat closer to Bannerlord. Warbanders are happy.

You can still hope for mods that will make sluggish combat, like a year or 2 for now

[...]My point is simply that Warbands mechanics are probably better but still needs to be reworked to be taken serious.

That's why since the beginning of the alpha-beta period (2019) people like Gab, Charlini, Gibby and other illustrious users (who know the warband combat system very well) have been giving invaluable feedback. The main intention of all these, has always been to improve the previous (warband), to build on a system that worked (warband) and to add improvements that add to the playable experience in Bannerlord. Not to go backwards or reinvent the wheel.

Bannerlord's current fighting system has been "refined" since then; at first it was much more crude (believe me). I wish the next patch would solve all the problems that the combat system has by magic; that this (something so utterly basic) nowadays was a problem is something that doesn't fit in my head.

You warbanders just gotta let it go at some point. This wont become another warband where naked people run around fistfighting full plated knights and it wont addapt the same mechanics that was so easely cheesed in Warband.

I’m not going to try to start an argument here, but I do have a few things to say.

1.Uhhhh yes we will lol. There are two naked classes in the game, the berserker and the savage. There is also a knight class...that is wearing plate. If the goal was to stop naked people from fighting people in plate, Taleworlds has catastrophically failed in that goal by adding both naked and plate classes. Honestly a really weird thing to say.

2. What does that even have to do with adding or removing melee block? You are just saying something that you see as derogatory towards Warband and assuming that by saying it you will somehow shut down our number one complaint regarding the game.

3. There is absolutely nothing cheesy about being able to properly block attacks in a game whose entire combat system relies on blocking and attacking.

This wont become another warband where naked people run around fistfighting full plated knights and it wont addapt the same mechanics that was so easely cheesed in Warband.
If they were really knights and not just noobs wearing armor and pretending to be, then no amount of naked men would be able to bridge the equipment gap and take them down with their bare fists. Personal skill makes the warrior! Ability shouldn't be limited by game mechanics! Sad!

That's why since the beginning of the alpha-beta period (2019) people like Gab, Charlini, Gibby and other illustrious users (who know the warband combat system very well) have been giving invaluable feedback. The main intention of all these, has always been to improve the previous (warband), to build on a system that worked (warband) and to add improvements that add to the playable experience in Bannerlord. Not to go backwards or reinvent the wheel.

Bannerlord's current fighting system has been "refined" since then; at first it was much more crude (believe me). I wish the next patch would solve all the problems that the combat system has by magic; that this (something so utterly basic) nowadays was a problem is something that doesn't fit in my head.

And this is very good news wich I think the majority of people are happy with. I was simply expressing my concerns about people wanting the Warband experience in Bannerlord wich would be a bad thing (altho better then it is now).

I think we should stop talking about the bringing back the Warband experience and talk about how to make Bannerlord mechanics better, even tho its leaning more to Warband. It sends the wrong signals.

I’m not going to try to start an argument here, but I do have a few things to say.

1.Uhhhh yes we will lol. There are two naked classes in the game, the berserker and the savage. There is also a knight class...that is wearing plate. If the goal was to stop naked people from fighting people in plate, Taleworlds has catastrophically failed in that goal by adding both naked and plate classes. Honestly a really weird thing to say.

2. What does that even have to do with adding or removing melee block? You are just saying something that you see as derogatory towards Warband and assuming that by saying it you will somehow shut down our number one complaint regarding the game.

3. There is absolutely nothing cheesy about being able to properly block attacks in a game whose entire combat system relies on blocking and attacking.

They are not really naked now are they. I've never seen a berserker running around in his undergarments but maybe we're playing two different games.

I'm talking about the games longevity. I know Warband is still played by a couple of thousands but that's not really much compared to great games. None of my friends wich I've tried to introduce to game to wont touch Warband after they've seen gameplay even tho I offer to buy it for them, that speaks for itself. Most often they just laugh and go "noway dude"

Yes I agree, I went off topic with my post.

They are not really naked now are they. I've never seen a berserker running around in his undergarments but maybe we're playing two different games.

I'm talking about the games longevity. I know Warband is still played by a couple of thousands but that's not really much compared to great games. None of my friends wich I've tried to introduce to game to wont touch Warband after they've seen gameplay even tho I offer to buy it for them, that speaks for itself. Most often they just laugh and go "noway dude"

Yes I agree, I went off topic with my post.
Naked people are part of what made MP fun. Mount and blade MP isn't some ultra serious game. The silly things about it are what make it fun.

Also no wonder no one wants to play warband. The game was developed in 2010 with a significant smaller studio and outdated graphics. The game is old

Naked people are part of what made MP fun. Mount and blade MP isn't some ultra serious game. The silly things about it are what make it fun.

Also no wonder no one wants to play warband. The game was developed in 2010 with a significant smaller studio and outdated graphics. The game is old

It was fun in a way I agree but that should'nt be on the official servers. The game will not pass the test of time that way.

I am talking about when Warband started to become what it is now. I mean it is hilarious but it is also a total sh!tshow that most people dont like. When my friends saw that back in 2013 they simply would'nt get near it or even install it for free.

I mean private servers, sure let people do whatever they want but it have no place on the official parts of the game.

Edit: I'm derailing this thread so hard right now I feel sorry for OP.

Can we get the "Capsize River, Reverse the Sea no Jutsu" in Bannerlord please.

Make block delay like warband: very small

When block delay is reduced, the duel scene will grow bigger and fights will be way more interesting. Just look at how populated the duel servers are atm: no one likes to duel besides a few who like abusing broken mechanics.

@Moton have you ever actually played with the community at all? Block delay was a number one isssue it’s not about being like warband it’s about having a responsive good game

It was fun in a way I agree but that should'nt be on the official servers. The game will not pass the test of time that way.

I am talking about when Warband started to become what it is now. I mean it is hilarious but it is also a total sh!tshow that most people dont like. When my friends saw that back in 2013 they simply would'nt get near it or even install it for free.

I mean private servers, sure let people do whatever they want but it have no place on the official parts of the game.

Edit: I'm derailing this thread so hard right now I feel sorry for OP.
Maybe your friends didnt want to play warband 3 years after release, but nobody is wanting to play BL months after...

First of all, I prefer to remove the block delay.

However, right now, the block delay itself is not the real issue.
The real issue is this game is half-made. Has poor animation.
For instance. We have stance system, but our character behavior is not following the stance. No step forward nor step backward. When we kick, the acting leg is not decided by actual footwork, but the shoulder(seriously? the shoulder?).
We have the block delay. but our character does not look like "delayed" at all. They just running like crazy, hold their weapon normally, and just ignore our RMB.

This looks not like stance system. It's the shoulder-leaning system.
Can you imagine a guy, his kicking direction magically impacted by his leaning shoulder, not his footwork?

-------------

I don't think Taleworlds has the ability to handle the stance. It needs complex algorithms to make sure all the animations are following the stance.
Might be some of you don't mind using your imagination to fit those missing animations but it's an action game. The animation is important.
Plus when we talk about MP, since the ping is real. How do people make decisions without animation? timing is inaccurate and untrustable.

At its current state Warbands mechanics are better then Bannerlords but I also belive you can improve Warbands mechanics by quite alot aswell. The biggest problem with Warbands for me personally is the fact it looks so ridiculous. It becomes even more prominent when watching a Warband match in the higher skill level rather then playing it.

I can admit I never played alot of Warband multiplayer, maybe 150-200 hours, it was quite fun in its own way but it doesnt look serious in a way. I have never succeded in getting a friend to play Warband with me and I really tried for some time, but allways lost them when showing gameplay of it, even when I said that I could buy it for them. For me that says quite alot about how bad it must look.

My point is simply that Warbands mechanics are probably better but still needs to be reworked to be taken serious.

The issue is that you were diminutive of this entire thread and a change that people have been clamoring for by labeling it under a 'fanatics just want it to be like warband' umbrella, without yourself actually having any input for why it should or shouldn't be added. There's plenty of things from warband that have made it into Bannerlord, in fact most things that the game is comprised of have, so that's not an adequate reasoning.

I completely agree with this comment. To the danger of being ridiculed, I would state that I would like to see some kind of block delay so that fights don't become as ridicule as they are in warband competitive gameplay. I am not saything do not remove block delay. Just for common sense to prevail.

I would really like for combat gameplay & flow to be somewhere between 1.5 and 1.4.2

Back
Top Bottom