[QUESTIONS] Quick Questions//Quick Answers (Redux)

Users who are viewing this thread

@Huillam It happens, but at least your answer is more detailed :smile:
It's also at least partially wrong. I had some martial lords pissed off when I awarded fiefs earlier today. They have their three fiefs themselves and I double checked with the cheat menu, that's not an issue with a rival.
Maybe they want their friends to have three fiefs, maybe they don't like lords originating from another kingdom, maybe that has to do with their vote.

Is there a single area of the game where it isn't balanced to f--k the player as hard as possible?
Probably not but let's admit, that's damn good!
The relationship penalty with released lords is a vanilla behaviour. One that works in your favor: Those lords a detrimental to their kingdoms and you definitly want them messing somewhere else. They'll make enemy of more interesting lords that in turn will be more likely to join your kingdom.
Cavalry units try to flank the opposite army but yeah that doesn't work well. If you have control of them, use hit and run tactics: as long as they have some momentum they're good, once they slow down the AI turn crap.
For food I do use Morgh's editor to raise the quantity to 500 for every food item. Now that tracking reduce food consumption that's probably not needed anymore. In ~1200 days I've yet to deplete a single food item.

@geminitiger I get it, the bad personality ones . It's best to ransom those and not care about them. So when you catch a lord you gotta click on his picture and you'll see the notes about him. If he's cunning or bad temper personality then you keep and ransom them. No point in releasin them for free.
You'll have enough good lords so you don't need the bad ones too.

Last edited:
@geminitiger Yes, don't bother with releasing lords with pitiless, sadistic and bad-tempered personalities, they don't like it. Sell them for ransom instead. I'm not completely sure, but I don't remember cunning lords getting pissed off that way. I mean I usually aim at getting those too as my future vassals (with 3 fiefs each, they shut up).

You can make every lord work and make him devoted, rly . But you don't need every lord. Upstanding and good and martial ones should be more than enough. I think together they make 30-50% of the total lords and with some companions that should be more than enough rly. Havin 600 honor i had
about 18 lords that i could have captured and instantly make mine. Might be some random in there (randomised personalities between playthroughs) but there's still enough lords
realy. So that's 18 without martial ones i think.

Maybe they want their friends to have three fiefs, maybe they don't like lords originating from another kingdom, maybe that has to do with their vote.
I don't know either but out of my initial batch of lords, one upstanding lord hates all fief assignments and other lords seem to hate him as well. He doesn't seem to part of the Ravenstein bros like the other ones, but something is up there.

On that note, -20 faction hit next time you talk to a lord that you released (sadistic, bad-tempered, pitiless) definitely isn't native behavior.

IT DOESN'T MATTER though because I had to revert to an earlier save, because after being at war my original faction, I kept letting everyone go and after about three weeks it was turning into a mess of **** because they captured half of my lords, so I went back to an earlier save and started putting all my former bros in prison. (I swear my dungeon is a country club though).

Speaking of which, is there any way to get your lords out of jail besides a prison break? One of my guys has a been in jail for a month.

Find where he is, the captive. Defeat that lord or capture that castle/town and you'll be freeing your lord.
That is a prison break lol. I was hoping for something like a randsom option like other kings get.

I just captured my sixth walled fief (3 cities and now 3 castles) for some reason this castle came with a garrison, but I'm sure that none of the other ones had any garrison at all, this is the first fief I've taken since I've declared myself king, but is that really the reason it has a garrison and the others were empty?

Also--totally related-- after I went back to my capital and made myself lord of a new castle, it says "Top tier troops just left ----------- castle." wtf? I went back and check and indeed a bunch of troops are missing included ones I left behind-- what sorcery is this?

Last edited:
On that note, -20 faction hit next time you talk to a lord that you released (sadistic, bad-tempered, pitiless) definitely isn't native behavior.
I haven't played a vanilla game in almost a decade and I may be wrong but that behaviour is mentioned on the m&b wiki: https://mountandblade.fandom.com/wiki/Vassals#Personalities

I just captured my sixth walled fief (3 cities and now 3 castles) for some reason this castle came with a garrison, but I'm sure that none of the other ones had any garrison at all, this is the first fief I've taken since I've declared myself king, but is that really the reason it has a garrison and the others were empty?
Under normal circumstances, prisonners in jail are added to the garrison but when I took Sarleon for myself the garrison was empty. I don't know if it's bug or not.

For lords you probably want to release the ones you plan to ask to defect and keep the others in jail for money (and to stop them from annoying you for at least few days).

Last edited:
I haven't played a vanilla game in almost a decade and I may be wrong but that behaviour is mentonied on the m&b wiki: https://mountandblade.fandom.com/wiki/Vassals#Personalities
I do believe the "cat and mouse" talk is native and you might get something like -1 rep but not -20.

edit, I just recruited some prisoners for the first time 5 for -15 rep instead of the -5 you would usually get, well at least the mod is consistent.

Last edited:
is there any way to get your lords out of jail besides a prison break? One of my guys has a been in jail for a month.
https://pop3.fandom.com/wiki/Tweaks#Tweak_15_d

Also--totally related-- after I went back to my capital and made myself lord of a new castle, it says "Top tier troops just left ----------- castle." wtf? I went back and check and indeed a bunch of troops are missing included ones I left behind-- what sorcery is this?
All troops over lvl 31 in garrisons that get reassigned to you or your husband get disbanded. To remove that feature: https://pop3.fandom.com/wiki/Tweaks#Tweak_13_g

your husband
assuming.
Actually the level 31 thing isn't that big of a deal not worth the edit, just wanted to know what was going on. Appreciate the reply as always.

It seems making peace releases your prisoners? Or was that a coincidence?

After you create a CKO are you not able to make more than one chapter (location)? :???: (I went one of my castles at was going to make a KO and it had a list of about 10 choices, I went back a little bit later and it was just 2 choices, it wasn't because of money or reknown so I'm curious what that was about as well). (It was after I created a CKO somewhere else if that could matter?)

Last edited:
You need qgem (in inventory) for every chapter . Also beware that CKO takes time to train and gear. They're absolute trash at start.
But they are potentially the best unit.
The best unit in game already available to the player are the Hero Adventurers (gotta train them from adventurer/young nobles, with Jocelyn + Alistair in party for example, those 2 have the level to train them). With 150 of those few armies can stand in your way. But they are very expensive, keep an eye on your money.

@geminitiger
Yes, all prisoner troops get automatically released when a war ends. A native Warband feature.

And yes, you need to have a Qualis Gem in your inventory as voronius said to be able to create the majority of KO chapters. But some don't require one at all.

Does anyone know the exact formula to recruit captured lords?
There's one the wiki:
15 + campaign difficulty (0 easy, 5 normal, 10 hard) + number of total centers (1 for castle or village, 2 for town) that the faction the lord belongs to owns +10 if the lord is a duke/dux/caliph/earl - your persuasion skill - number of total centers (1 for castle or village, 2 for town) that YOUR faction owns
Something with it is wrong. I have a total of 55 settement points, Sarleon has 33.
That should be:
15 + 10 + 33 - 8 - 55 + 5 = 0
I just captured a lord with 17 relationship and took the -5 from capturing into account but that's not enough. A hard minimum of 20+ maybe?

@geminitiger: According to the wording, the offended kingdom does claim the village and that happen to fiefs they used to own.
Altough I had one border incident in my favor yesterday (first time in ten years!) and the wording was different. That may be an addition from pendor.
You can also trigger a casus belli by convincing a lord to join your kingdom.

Hmm, ok, Thank you, I will have to read the next one more carefully. Is that the same as native because I think native always gave new kingdoms chances to start wars, but it wasn't because of lost lands, though it was a "border incident".

edit: This is in fact the same border incident text from vanilla, and in that case you don't have to be land that was taken from you, in native I never ever lose property yet I get these messages so often that I'm forced into wars I don't want to avoid lose of reputation with my "hawk-ish"-lords.

I guess this is just like the send greetings to monach for RTR that never works either. Just to make things hard I guess.

Last edited:
1. What determines the salary price of your CKO troops it seems mine is creeping up over time. Honestly buyers remorse all over the place with CKOs, although my female knights are deadly cute.

2. Do KO/CKOs produce troops indefinately or do they stop at a certain number or just when you tell the guy to stop training troops? (At first I thought he would train lower level troops, not quite sure if they do or not still..)

3. What effect if any does your relationship to a town/castle/village convey? (I don't know if the rogue guild is a trap or not. :grin:)

Last edited:
1. I imagine that having a horse raise their salary. I quickly checked earlier today: pumping a lot of gold and prestige to raise their stats had no impact on it (or it wasn't reflected instantly).

2. They do produce free troops over time and there's apparently a cap. Altough you could for example move rangers of the clarion call from Laria to Sarleon and Knights of Lion from Sarleon to Laria for both orders to continue to produce free troops forever.

3. For towns a higher relationship give you better price in shops.
For villages that's probably the same and that also increase the quantity and quality of troops you can recruit. With a maxxed relationship that's usually around 20 fodders or half a dozen of T4 troops (or anything in between or nothing, there's still some RNG involved).
I don't think that has any impact for castles.

Last edited:
1. I imagine that having a horse raise their salary.

2. They do produce free troops over time and there's apparently a cap.

3. For towns a higher relationship give you better price in shops.
1. Reason I'm wondering is my squires are now up to 70 denars each, I'm thinking it might be the gear, or perhaps horses but they cost more than other squires with horses, will look forward to a definite answer.

2. At first I considered shuffling troops, and I even did that but later I found that money is so F---k--g tight that I moved them all back to their producing towns because I literally can't afford cities with garrisons of 500 really mixed tier troops and I'm going broke.

3. So rogues guilds it is.

cheers

Back
Top Bottom