[QUESTIONS] Quick Questions//Quick Answers (Redux)

Users who are viewing this thread

2. At first I considered shuffling troops, and I even did that but later I found that money is so F---k--g tight that I moved them all back to their producing towns because I literally can't afford cities with garrisons of 500 really mixed tier troops and I'm going broke.
Ransoming prisoners can be your biggest income by a large margin.
I use a team of 11 companions all of them equipped with doom mace, cavalry mace, steel hammer (and winged maces early on for low strength companions). Despite losing 30k denars every week my money still go up steadily in time of peace. When I really need money I go vanskerry hunting: a batch of 100 sells for 10 to 15k denars and my companions can easily handle a group of 40 (above that number I have to bash some heads myself). The thing is to spot their hideout and not attack it as it will spawn more vanskerries over time and you'll know where to find them. Mystmountain raiders and bandits are easier alternatives but both have cavalry equiped with ranged weapons that need to be hunted down on the battlefield while vanskerries stay as a pack and can be dealt with pretty quickly.

If I remember correctly (something I think I read years ago) the rogue guild spawns red brotherhood parties that will hunt your peasants and caravans hurting your income. Altough I wouldn't mind a confirmation.

Last edited:
1. What determines the salary price of your CKO troops it seems mine is creeping up over time. Honestly buyers remorse all over the place with CKOs, although my female knights are deadly cute.

2. Do KO/CKOs produce troops indefinately or do they stop at a certain number or just when you tell the guy to stop training troops? (At first I thought he would train lower level troops, not quite sure if they do or not still..)
1. Troops get +66% wages for having guaranteed horses, and +33% for having guaranteed ranged weapons.

2. Free KO chapter reinforcements stop at 33 knights and 53 sergeants if they are not taken elsewhere.

I can't find Frederick anywhere. Haven't recruited him yet, and didn't meet him in taverns (at least last couple of months I actually tried to :razz: ). He doesn't show up in Vorador's list as well.

Any ideas what's happening and/or how to fix the issue?

Does anyone know how to change where your get CKO recruit from? I don't like having female knights recruit from male knights, I want them to come from the maiden troop line instead.

So using the wiki's tweaks, I tried to change the garrison size of the player hideout. I got a whole bunch of errors doing so however. Can anyone point out how to prevent that?

So using the wiki's tweaks, I tried to change the garrison size of the player hideout. I got a whole bunch of errors doing so however. Can anyone point out how to prevent that?
Well, yes! Make sure you follow the instructions closely and that you apply the tweak properly. Don't leave any surplus gaps (space characters) where there weren't more before either.

I see, and is there any chance that a tweak might be out of date?
I'm not perfect, so mistakes could've happened while updating them. But so far, I made no code mistake upon checking tweaks after various people's reports. It always turned out to be the players' fault, they either messed up something or did not read the 4 fundamental warnings on the tweaks page.

Nonetheless, I checked the tweak about changing the garrison limit of your hideout and it still works wonders. Which version are you on? Although for this tweak, it doesn't matter. However, I sure hope it's v3.9.5.1 as stated among that 4 warning notes I mentioned above. Otherwise you'll have a lot of trouble with other tweaks (breaking your game and stuff like that).

Last edited:
I'm not perfect, so mistakes could've happened while updating them. But so far, I made no code mistake upon checking tweaks after various people's reports. It always turned out to be the players' fault, they either messed up something or did not read the 4 fundamental warnings on the tweaks page.

Nonetheless, I checked the tweak about changing the garrison limit of your hideout and it still works wonders. Which version are you on? Although for this tweak, it doesn't matter. However, I sure hope it's v3.9.5.1 as stated among that 4 warning notes I mentioned above. Otherwise you'll have a lot of trouble with other tweaks (breaking your game and stuff like that).
3.9.5.1, I think I'll try again later.

Just tried it now and it works. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom